First Prev
of 4
Next Last
pingy pongy

Crawley, WV

#66 Mar 6, 2013
Even if it does then another will pop up to take its place as you cant stop it as money rules. That is a fact jack
That girl

Richmond, VA

#67 Mar 15, 2013
Koolaid drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info...no i am not on any other drugs I was just curious. They are soooooo damn cheap there I though maybe they were doing their own tests or something (which I don't get why they don't....it would be cheaper to just send the ones that came up positive and were disputed but god knows they aren't known for being too bright) thanks for the info and congrats on turning your life around. I know for me that clinic, even with all the bullshit and draw backs, has changed my life for the better. I at least have a life now and i don't have to worry about od'ing or going to jail. Going to the clinic once every couple weeks gives me a lot more time to focus on productive things than constantly searching for a fix like i did before. And nobama...maybe you should try the clinic or rehab because all of your ramblings sound like you are blasted on some pretty hard drugs!
The clinic changed your life but they're not too bright? Really? Way to go, bash the people that helped you. Really classy.
That girl

Richmond, VA

#68 Mar 15, 2013
nursekj wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself, buddy.
The only people that agree with you are methadone USERS themselves.. Besides the people that are marketing and distributing it.
What are you guys doing to do if the law passes to ban methadone and make it illegal?... Exactly.
The people who agree would be the users, the doctors, the therapists, the statisticians who do the studies in support of the treatment, and the millions of family members who have seen a difference in their loved ones. Methadone has been used for years and years. They aren't going to ban it. It helps too many people change their lives.
bob marley

Derby, UK

#69 Jul 27, 2013
Koolaid drinker wrote:
Anyone that goes to the methadone clinic in Huntington do you know what they are doing with drug tests now? Last month they gave me a jar but it didn't have a thermometer on it and that was the only difference but when I was there the other day (I only go once every two weeks) I saw them give someone like a skinny tube thing and a cup and they had two counselors working the lab. Anyone know how they are doing them now? Thanks for the info and Fu( k off to the people that I know are going to respond with bitch comments about the fact that I go to the clinic. Don't knock people at the clinic it means they aren't robbing you to get their illegal fix from the street!
don't knock people that go to the clinic,they wouldn't have to go there if they didn't toke or shoot smack in the first place they chose a life of sht you make out as if it alright to be a dick .i have been burgled by one of them ffers stressed my missus and kids out for months, I have worked all my life shifting crap for a living and what for to pay for peoples habits what a joke get a job and a life don't do heroin!
1 post removed
IMO

Huntington, WV

#71 Jul 27, 2013
bob marley wrote:
<quoted text>don't knock people that go to the clinic,they wouldn't have to go there if they didn't toke or shoot smack in the first place they chose a life of sht you make out as if it alright to be a dick .i have been burgled by one of them ffers stressed my missus and kids out for months, I have worked all my life shifting crap for a living and what for to pay for peoples habits what a joke get a job and a life don't do heroin!
Maybe you wouldn't have to "shift crap for a living" if you were able to spell better than a mentally impaired second grade child. How do you know the person who "burgled" you went to the methadone clinic AND that they weren't still doing other drugs? Why do you think your job "shifting crap" is paying for anyone's methadone? Medical cards are not accepted at the Huntington methadone clinic therefore the people attending there are either receiving their dose by working and paying for it themselves or working and using the insurance coverage they receive from working to cover the methadone or possibly through help from family members, but if they are taking methadone at the Huntington clinic it is in no way being covered by any state or federal assistance programs. Also, not everyone but the person you quoted and replied to clearly stated they were not using heroin. That was actually the entire point of their post, that they had been able to live a productive life, work, and maintain functionality since beginning methadone maintenance and stopping heroin. Apparently you are as incompetent in your reading comprehension skills as you are in spelling and grammar.

It truly amazes me people can be so adamantly opposed to a program that is beneficial to so many people and the public as a whole when they don't even really know anything about the program or what they think they know is incorrect. The only people coming across as a "dick" when it comes to this subject is people like you who blurt out false claims, incorrect statistics, and misguided information. Try researching and learning about a subject before weighing in on it in the future and also take the time to compose your post with a bit better spelling and grammar. Otherwise it could be very easy for those attending the methadone clinic to complain about the fact the taxes being taken out of their well-earned paycheck not only not going to help pay for their treatment but are most likely going to help pay for the government assistance you are receiving due to your mental deficiencies!
reality

Nitro, WV

#72 Jul 28, 2013
IMO wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you wouldn't have to "shift crap for a living" if you were able to spell better than a mentally impaired second grade child. How do you know the person who "burgled" you went to the methadone clinic AND that they weren't still doing other drugs? Why do you think your job "shifting crap" is paying for anyone's methadone? Medical cards are not accepted at the Huntington methadone clinic therefore the people attending there are either receiving their dose by working and paying for it themselves or working and using the insurance coverage they receive from working to cover the methadone or possibly through help from family members, but if they are taking methadone at the Huntington clinic it is in no way being covered by any state or federal assistance programs. Also, not everyone but the person you quoted and replied to clearly stated they were not using heroin. That was actually the entire point of their post, that they had been able to live a productive life, work, and maintain functionality since beginning methadone maintenance and stopping heroin. Apparently you are as incompetent in your reading comprehension skills as you are in spelling and grammar.

It truly amazes me people can be so adamantly opposed to a program that is beneficial to so many people and the public as a whole when they don't even really know anything about the program or what they think they know is incorrect. The only people coming across as a "dick" when it comes to this subject is people like you who blurt out false claims, incorrect statistics, and misguided information. Try researching and learning about a subject before weighing in on it in the future and also take the time to compose your post with a bit better spelling and grammar. Otherwise it could be very easy for those attending the methadone clinic to complain about the fact the taxes being taken out of their well-earned paycheck not only not going to help pay for their treatment but are most likely going to help pay for the government assistance you are receiving due to your mental deficiencies!
Blah blah blah. The clinics don't benefit me in the least. And I am considered part of the public. They should shut them all down because it gets the patient off of one drug and on to another. Methadone is a horrible drug. Plus the patients just abuse the methadone. And yes, there is government funding. Get over yourself.
3 posts removed
eSPy804

Philipsburg, PA

#76 May 15, 2014
I agree with the post up 2. Anyone who is in the methadone program or treatment facility, what ever the hell you wanna call it and are there for the right reasons usually will stand up for methadone being a good way to get off opiates. I know if it weren't for methadone I would probably be dead or someone else would be. No n not probably, I WOULD be dead or others! I have been opiate free for a year and a half now. I am Dependant on methadone but it doesn't control me. I was addicted to opiates n they did control me. Mentally n physically.now I do agree with some people that are against methadone but not completely. U see there are many people that continue to abuse the system. People who use methadone so they aren't sick from withdrawals or to get high, or to sell to get other drugs, yes I understand that but not everyone at the clinic is like that. The few that go for the right reasons have a high success rate. And go on living productive lives. Me being a methadone user, I hate the people that abuse the program because they are the ones who make people think bad shit about the clinics. For the people who talk shit about methadone but are in suboxone programs then I dunno what's the problem? To me personally, if u need 3-4 8mg tabs of sub's a day then that's ridiculous! I abused suboxone when I was an addict n I would get wasted on half's of a single 8mg pill! At most I could do a whole one. So if u can say your not getting high off that amount your lying. Yes, I'm on a some what of a high dose of methadone but I don't get high off of it. Ive been at this level for so long that it doesn't get u high. Honestly I haven't felt anything off of methadone since the first week I started. But anyways the main problem I see with sub's are that they aren't monitored well. Once u find a doctor, u meet your doctor tell them u have an opiod addiction, how much u used, u can lie, take a drug test, pay money and there u are. They give u a pill n leave the room. Most people I have talked to spit it out when the doc leaves. There u go u get a script of 90 8mg tabs n your on your way til the next month. Usually a doc visit is about $300 n then the state will pay for your script. So most people sell half there pills then continue this. Even people that use the sub's for the right reason say they do this. But there's no interaction with counselors or anything. A 15 minute visit with a doctor a month and that's it. When u start with methadone, in the state of PA. u r only allowed a low 30 mg for starters. Then every other day after u can get increases which are usually no more than 3-5 mgs. each increase. It takes a few weeks to get to a stable dose but since there's a half-life same with sub's it doesn't take long. U don't start out at a high dose n be on your way. They will set u up with a counselor which u have to meet with a couple times a month and u have groups to go to. There's alot of help included in methadone treatment facilities. Not so much with suboxone. But that's my opinion. For y'all that don't like it f off n for those who do must be recovering drug addicts or know someone who has gone thru addiction n is now seeking help or is a better person . methadone is a good way to recover from opiate addiction. If u are looking for treatments I would recommend a methadone clinic.
whatever

Culloden, WV

#77 May 15, 2014
You're just a weak person. You should be addicted to work, family, and a higher power. You just keep taking your methadone, junkie. Ask yourself a question. Do you contribute to society as much as society contributes to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 2016 Presidential Runners What a JOKE 9 min Progress 174
Frat house idiots 23 min Mr_Awesome 17
Best church in Huntington 24 min pooky 54
Worst Moms Southside vs B'Ville 35 min Silicone in South... 18
Remember Huntington in the 50's? (Feb '08) 54 min old timer 1,572
Judges need replaced 1 hr Local guy 1
Joshua Ellis hard at it 3 hr kev z 2
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE