Methadone clinic drug tests

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Koolaid drinker

Addison, NY

#1 Dec 14, 2011
Anyone that goes to the methadone clinic in Huntington do you know what they are doing with drug tests now? Last month they gave me a jar but it didn't have a thermometer on it and that was the only difference but when I was there the other day (I only go once every two weeks) I saw them give someone like a skinny tube thing and a cup and they had two counselors working the lab. Anyone know how they are doing them now? Thanks for the info and Fu( k off to the people that I know are going to respond with bitch comments about the fact that I go to the clinic. Don't knock people at the clinic it means they aren't robbing you to get their illegal fix from the street!
Why

Statts Mills, WV

#2 Dec 14, 2011
Koolaid drinker wrote:
Anyone that goes to the methadone clinic in Huntington do you know what they are doing with drug tests now? Last month they gave me a jar but it didn't have a thermometer on it and that was the only difference but when I was there the other day (I only go once every two weeks) I saw them give someone like a skinny tube thing and a cup and they had two counselors working the lab. Anyone know how they are doing them now? Thanks for the info and Fu( k off to the people that I know are going to respond with bitch comments about the fact that I go to the clinic. Don't knock people at the clinic it means they aren't robbing you to get their illegal fix from the street!
You must be doing other illegal drugs if you are worried about how they are doing the piss tests?
Ex Druggie

Philo, OH

#3 Dec 14, 2011
Koolaid drinker wrote:
Anyone that goes to the methadone clinic in Huntington do you know what they are doing with drug tests now? Last month they gave me a jar but it didn't have a thermometer on it and that was the only difference but when I was there the other day (I only go once every two weeks) I saw them give someone like a skinny tube thing and a cup and they had two counselors working the lab. Anyone know how they are doing them now? Thanks for
the info and Fu( k off to the people that I know
are going to respond with bitch comments about
the fact that I go to the clinic. Don't knock
people at the clinic it means they aren't robbing
you to get their illegal fix from the
street!
They changed labs that they send it to, they use the skinny bottles. It's like it used to be you take a cup off the wall there on the right then go piss and then pour it into the skinny bottle. I couldn't figure out the no thermometer either, it's probably just a little cheaper you know how they are!! Yea to hell with the neg. Comments I know I'm 1000 times better off now!
1 post removed
Koolaid drinker

Addison, NY

#5 Dec 14, 2011
Ex Druggie wrote:
<quoted text>
They changed labs that they send it to, they use the skinny bottles. It's like it used to be you take a cup off the wall there on the right then go piss and then pour it into the skinny bottle. I couldn't figure out the no thermometer either, it's probably just a little cheaper you know how they are!! Yea to hell with the neg. Comments I know I'm 1000 times better off now!
Thanks for the info...no i am not on any other drugs I was just curious. They are soooooo damn cheap there I though maybe they were doing their own tests or something (which I don't get why they don't....it would be cheaper to just send the ones that came up positive and were disputed but god knows they aren't known for being too bright) thanks for the info and congrats on turning your life around. I know for me that clinic, even with all the bullshit and draw backs, has changed my life for the better. I at least have a life now and i don't have to worry about od'ing or going to jail. Going to the clinic once every couple weeks gives me a lot more time to focus on productive things than constantly searching for a fix like i did before. And nobama...maybe you should try the clinic or rehab because all of your ramblings sound like you are blasted on some pretty hard drugs!
Anonymous

United States

#6 Dec 23, 2011
First off, I agree, fuck the haters, they need to go find another thread to troll. From what I understand, guys, the collection methods were changed to be a little more sanitary on the counselors doing the actual collection. And it's true, cups with no temp strip are a lot cheaper for them to buy, especially in bulk. And they will do ANYTHING to save a buck. If they suspect any funny business, they just do an observed screen, so mind your p's and q's.
justwondering

Huntington, WV

#7 Dec 23, 2011
I commend anyone that will go to the clinic or seek any type of help. People that are hooked on drugs are kinda like a diabetic(type 2) kinda self inflicted ,but nevertheless a true disease. Once a person starts using drugs thier brain will never produce seritonin on its own without the drugs. It would take someone three long miserable years to get clean cold turkey" where thier brain can produce chemicals needed for them to be normal without help like methadone or subaxin. So all u haters go jump off a bridge and leave people alone that are tring!! We don't tell u people you are trash cause u eat to many twinkies....
justwondering

Huntington, WV

#8 Dec 23, 2011
Koolaid drinker wrote:
It is against the law to use a drug test without a temp strip so they are prob not really testing or running out of money? Sounds VERY shaddy. Try a saboxin doctor it works much better.
justwondering

Huntington, WV

#9 Dec 23, 2011
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be doing other illegal drugs if you are worried about how they are doing the piss tests?
Anyone with a brain that doesn't ask questions should be worried...grow up and go to a different thread like I'm stupid nosey and i know it....
Koolaid Drinker

Addison, NY

#10 Dec 23, 2011
I had to take my test the other day and the reason they give the cups and the tubes is a) like someone else said it is more sanitary for the counselors b) the new tubes the new lab they switched to use are too small for ladies to pee in so they have to give them the cup. As far as not having a thermometer, it is not illegal to not use a thermometer. It is cheaper on the clinic and totally legal. They are monitored by the state and federal guidelines so they can't use it if it isnt. Plus, I have had plenty of drug tests for my work and depending on which lab they send you to many of them have been thermometer free. Also that place is surely not running low on money....they have well over a thousand patients they serve everyday at $14.50 a day, you do the math! Thanks to those of you that answered me and good luck on staying clean. Merry Christmas!
seriously

Huntington, WV

#11 Dec 24, 2011
It is hilarious when I hear or see someone say "I'm sober,!! I go to the methadone clinic now" You arent kidding anyone but yourself. Methadone is usually far more addicting than the drug you are trying to supposedly get away from. Don't bother arguing that it's not, it's been proven over and over. Do some research, watch some documentaries, etc. Most of the people there are still using illegal drugs anyway. Lots sell their methadone for different drugs. There's ways around the program to do this, and trust me it happens. The only way to get sober is all or nothing!!
MommaAlwaysSaid

United States

#12 Dec 25, 2011
For the person posting calling themselves "seriously":

The "only" way to get sober is NOT all or nothing. Your number one thing you're stating wrong is calling it a methadone clinic. It's a treatment center. They don't just hand out methadone. There's counselors involved, doctors involved, group counseling to do. Much more than just getting in line and getting methadone.
Everybody does things differently. I for one tried cold turkey MANY times and couldn't do it.
Methadone has taken the "I gotta have a pill" thinking out of my brain. Yes currently I am taking methadone. But it's much easier to taper off of something when your brain isn't telling you to "go get drugs now!"
And your comment "most people there are using illegal drugs anyway" is not factual.
Yes, there may be "some" using illegal drugs, but far from MOST. They will get caught, and once they get caught enough, they're done with that program.
Maybe YOU are the one that needs to do research or watch a documentary. It's not a bad place, it's helped me tremendously, and I bet "koolaid drinker" will back me on that.
plagued1635

Hadley, PA

#13 Dec 25, 2011
What a strange concept. Here, take these drugs to help you get off drugs. Odd.

I had a friend that was doing pills all the time, then he started with methadone because it was easy to get and still caught a buzz. He was one of my best friends. Got to the point he wasn't allowed in my home because you couldn't trust the little druggie effer. I'm glad he's in prison now. Maybe when he finished his 12 to 25 he will be able to stay clean again.

You can't ever trust a dope fiend.
seriously

Huntington, WV

#14 Dec 25, 2011
MommaAlwaysSaid wrote:
For the person posting calling themselves "seriously":

The "only" way to get sober is NOT all or nothing. Your number one thing you're stating wrong is calling it a methadone clinic. It's a treatment center. They don't just hand out methadone. There's counselors involved, doctors involved, group counseling to do. Much more than just getting in line and getting methadone.
Everybody does things differently. I for one tried cold turkey MANY times and couldn't do it.
Methadone has taken the "I gotta have a pill" thinking out of my brain. Yes currently I am taking methadone. But it's much easier to taper off of something when your brain isn't telling you to "go get drugs now!"
And your comment "most people there are using illegal drugs anyway" is not factual.
Yes, there may be "some" using illegal drugs, but far from MOST. They will get caught, and once they get caught enough, they're done with that program.
Maybe YOU are the one that needs to do research or watch a documentary. It's not a bad place, it's helped me tremendously, and I bet "koolaid drinker" will back me on that.
lol. If that makes you feel better at night!. I didn't call it a methadone clinic, your fellow methadone user did when starting this topic.

I know more about the clinic than you may think.
huntin' man

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Dec 25, 2011
Of course they are being cheap, just so they don't have to tap into that huge underground pipeline that siphons the money all the way back to California. I actually feel pity for the people who get involved with the liquid handcuffs. Things could be worse I guess, it could be the Charleston clinic.
bocephus

United States

#16 Dec 25, 2011
It's more than a methadone clinic bullshit go over there tell them you can't afford the 14.50 anymore then see what your treatment center does for you I went there but was only 13.00 then quit and been clean since. August 25,2006 if you want to quit. Then quit and trust me I know it's hard but I'm not a believer in that place the counselers. Act like there God and they run your life cause your afraid of being kicked out I'm not dogging anyone but the clinic they only want your money no better than a pill mill I heard place has changed got meeting all that but only reason state guidelines if you want to quit go in next time tell them to drop you 10 get off that stuff. Stay strong yours truly living life
Anonymous

United States

#17 Dec 25, 2011
Don't let anyone tell you that a person can NEVER detox off of methadone. Methadone is not considered a 'medically necessary drug' by professionals and that's why you don't get it in jail but you DO still receive things like blood pressure medicine and insulin. An incredible amount of anxiety goes along with Methadone withdrawal and it will make the user FEEL as if he or she cannot make it through the withdrawal symptoms. I have come off it twice, once cold turkey in jail, only to have life deliver me right back to the clinic's doorstep because I had relapsed and could not maintain without opiates of some kind. So I do feel I speak from experience and not just my mouth. Trying to quit methadone is terrible and I would not wish the symptoms on anyone, friend OR enemy. But again, It CAN be done.
Anonymous

United States

#18 Dec 25, 2011
That said, At this point, I maintain a relatively happy home life, work hard, and do not get intoxicated from the 70 ml's a day I now take. Am I actually probably getting high off it? Not as much as people like to think. With methadone, you get a glow that takes away cravings and blocks the effects of any other opiates you may be tempted to do...
Here we go again

Huntington, WV

#19 Dec 25, 2011
Take it from someone who knows and Im posting one time and Im not gonna argue w/anyone about it. You can get clean when taking methadone its just a weening-down slow procedure but it can be done because I have dont it. I went from 150 mg.s a day to 5 a day and stopped, I felt a little bad for like 3 days just because I should have went down to 1 or 0 but I decided to bail-out at 5 mg.s. And going from 150 to 5 took about a year b'cause I wanted to do it right and did. And the cold-turkey way isnt practicle, I mean if you can lay in bed and moan and groan and puke and poop and slobber and convulse and god knows what else for 6 months you might make it if you survive that is but some of us have to work every day and have family and bills to take care of and cant lay in a bed deathly ill for half a year goin the colt turkey or stupid route. And that soboxen is weird stuff, it just blocks the receptors in your brain that tell you you feel like sh1t, its more expensive than methadone and if you are used to doin a bunch of pain meds. and go straight to soboxone you arent gonna feel good at all and will backslide probably and should use methadone first then go to subox. Well Im done. But I have been there and done it all, believe me.
Koolaid drinker

Addison, NY

#20 Dec 25, 2011
Dang right I'll back you up mommaalwayssaid! Here is the best way I can try to explain methadone to the uninformed....if you knew someone who had to take pain pills everyday because of a car wreck or other problem and that person was dependent but not addicted you wouldn't say a word about their use of pain pills. Incase you don't know the difference between dependence and addiction, it is simple, a person that is dependent WILL experience withdrawal if they do not take that drug but they will not buy illegal drugs, rob someone, etc. To get that drug and they are also able to maintain a totally productive life even on that drug. A person that is addicted is consumed with getting that drug. Meaning, on top of experiencing withdrawals without that drug they will go to ANY lengths pretty much to get their "fix" and are usually unable to live a productive life, maintain a job, etc. Well, MOST people on methadone have taken the step from being addicted to pain pills to being dependent on methadone. Yes, they have to have their methadone everyday to not experience withdrawal but they are able to have a productive life again. They can maintain a job, reconnected with sober friends and family, it's affordable so they don't have to steal to get it, and the entire time they are on methadone they learn skills to cope with how to taper off the methadone and stay clean once they do. They are a functioning, productive member of society again. Like all rehab options the person has to want to be clean for it to work and some don't want that. Therefore, you do get your occasional person that continues to use other drugs and live an addictive lifestyle. However, most people there have tried quitting cold turkey about a thousand times and it didnt work and that's how they ended up at the methadone clinic. The people that are there for the right reasons can live just as productive of a life as anyone that DEPENDS on insulin for diabetes, blood pressure meds, etc. And yea, the clinic wants their money....find me any doctor that will treat you for free....but they require drug tests, counseling, physicals, etc. To make sure the people arent abusing Any other drugs and are working on getting totally off drugs. Also, it is hard to detox from methadone and basically impossible to do it cold turkey if you have any responsibilities in life at all but if done properly it can be done. I could go on all day and argue all day with the people that think methadone is a horrible idea but as the old saying goes, "you can't argue with stupid people." and thinking that methadone is the same as abusing street drugs is stupid. I know it has changed my life for the better and many people I know, I know people still working the program and i know people that have detoxed out already and all of them went in wanting a better life and a cleaner life and that is exactly what they got. In a perfect world anyone could just say, "hey i think i want to get clean today." and poof, without any problems they would be clean but this isn't a perfect world and for an imperfect world methadone can be a very plausible option for many people. I also agree that while suboxone works for some, it doesn't provide the same "bridge" to sobriety that methadone provide and it's much more expensive. I'm not gonna spend a lot more time arguing this topic because people have their beliefs and that's fine...for me though, my belief is that I found a program that finally gives me the hope of someday being totally drug free and a program that allows me to live a sober life until i get there.(and yea, drug free and sober are two different things too....need an explanation...ask.) good luck to all those trying to stay sober and happy holidays!
MommaAlwaysSaid

United States

#21 Dec 26, 2011
Awesome post Koolaid drinker! I agree 100%.
I know we both are going to be fine. It's the best thing I've ever done; Getting help but still able to go to my job, take care of my family, etc.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sign petiton against AEP rates 8 min Alternative facts 7
Anti Trump protester looks like she broke out o... 11 min Alternative facts 7
Inauguration ratings Fox triples CNN, MSNBC com... 15 min Alternative facts 16
Bye bye hpd....... 32 min Seeker 19
People & The News 32 min Randy 1
What rights have women and queers lost since Tr... 1 hr Randy 22
carousel club 1 hr tank 15

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance