Extermination camps for drug dealers/addicts

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Leonard Johnson

Charleston, WV

#1 Sep 6, 2013
I think the gov should build extermination camps for drug dealers and addicts. These wastes of space need to be expunged from society. Their lying, cheating and useless ways done away with.
goochin

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 6, 2013
It's a good idea.
Options

Richmond, VA

#3 Sep 6, 2013
Who else should be exterminated? Let's make a list.

Child rapists.
Vero McLung

Charleston, WV

#4 Sep 6, 2013
Options wrote:
Who else should be exterminated? Let's make a list.

Child rapists.
A lot of that behavior would cease to exist if the drug people were eliminated.
FoxTrot

Winfield, WV

#5 Sep 6, 2013
I have always believed that Hitler had some good ideas, they were just directed toward the wrong individuals. I would execute sex offenders as well as well as habitual criminals.
Lycan

United States

#6 Sep 6, 2013
Public executions...
Upon conviction of drug possesion w/ intent to sale.
Upon conviction of child abuse or neglect.
Upon conviction of rape.
Upon conviction of any 3rd felony.

But most of all, we need to adress the justice systems "plea" bargining deals.
fat man in the party van

Huntington, WV

#7 Sep 6, 2013
Lycan wrote:
Public executions...
Upon conviction of drug possesion w/ intent to sale.
Upon conviction of child abuse or neglect.
Upon conviction of rape.
Upon conviction of any 3rd felony.

But most of all, we need to adress the justice systems "plea" bargining deals.
Agreed......with the plea bargaining

Level 5

Since: Sep 13

Arcadia, CA

#8 Sep 6, 2013
Leonard Johnson wrote:
I think the gov should build extermination camps for drug dealers and addicts. These wastes of space need to be expunged from society. Their lying, cheating and useless ways done away with.
From about 1968 to 1995, Northern Ireland suffered through a generation of violence, which took the lives of about 3000 people in bombs, shootings, etc. During that same period the region had a low and steadily declining rate of what was strangely called "ordinary, decent crime": rape, burglary, larceny, drug dealing, etc. One explanation for this trend, which is accepted by many, was that paramilitaries (the IRA, for example) had a low tolerance for ODC: drug dealers and rapists were shot dead on sight; thieves and other criminals were knee-capped ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knee_capping ). Ordinary, decent crime was virtually non-existent. There are other societies where repressive measures have led to similar results. When the paramilitaries in Ireland disarmed in the mid-1990s crime slowly increased. Drug use is now common, but the incidence is lower than in Western Europe, perhaps influenced by the communal memory of the punishments meted out by the IRA for dealers and even users.

I think there's no question that punishment impacts behavior; it's simple economics: if the cost of doing something is high, the supply of that "something" is low. If you were shot dead for chewing gum in public, gum sales would drop.

The trade-off is the type of society where such draconian measures were deemed acceptable. People in Northern Ireland often seem conflicted. They definitely don't want to revisit the horrendous violence, but they lament the days when the life expectancy of a new drug dealer was measured in days--maybe hours.

When it comes to dispensing justice, you can have it fair, fast and transparent: pick two.
FoxTrot

Winfield, WV

#9 Sep 6, 2013
Beautifully stated Lawyer. Sadly, the "know it alls" that do the studies and the "political scum" that make the laws and take into consideration what the "know it alls" say, would have us all believe that "treatment" is the only answer to crime.
Trolling For Soup

Dunbar, WV

#10 Sep 7, 2013
Go to kaotic.com & then tell me public executions are ok. Change starts at home
FoxTrot

Winfield, WV

#11 Sep 7, 2013
Just got back from kaotic.com and public executions are a good idea.
sad

Alexandria, VA

#12 Sep 14, 2013
I really, genuinely love the ignorance in this post. I wonder who in your family has harmed your life from drug abuse because that is the only reason I could see someone even starting a thread like this. Drug abuse is a sad fact that is touching everyone's life in some way or another but killing someone for substance abuse? Really? The fact that you could compare someone with an addiction to drugs to a child molester is revolting. & saying that stopping drug addiction would stop all child rapists is, without a doubt, idiotic. I was addicted to drugs for eight horrible, gruesome years & have been clean & sober for two years & I would never wish my best days using on anyone in this world. It breaks the hearts & souls of everyone around you & will ruin your life but today, I am a loving mother to a baby boy (not born into addiction), a trusted daughter, niece, granddaughter & friend to everyone around me. I have 100% changed my life, I don't associate with anyone who uses (no matter how hard that may be) & I do not hurt anyone around me for selfish reasons anymore. I have dealt with the reality I caused while I was using & it was hard as hell but I did it to myself. No, not every addict or even 20% of addicts ever get clean or stay clean or have this attitude but if you plan to "exterminate" everyone for ever picking up a substance, how would you ever get to see the light at the end of that sad person's tunnel? Everyone has demons, some are just more socially acceptable than others.
FoxTrot

Huntington, WV

#13 Sep 15, 2013
Sad, I am no respecter of persons, we will exterminate sex offenders, habitual criminals, and other degenerates. The fact is, I know addiction first hand and I also know what it carries with it! Addicts steal from the sick, pimp out their children, and will do nearly anything else to get their fix. Many that I have seen don't want the help that is offered and even if they take it, quit when it gets tough. If an addict won't stop for their own children, why would anyone believe that they would quit for themselves. Society needs to stop codling addicts! If you can't get clean then someone needs to stop the spread of your disease!

Since: Feb 13

Blairsville, PA

#14 Sep 21, 2013
You all are not God and should not decide who dies. Good thing you don't, I'm sure you all are not perfect. And have your own addiction in some way Lol But just to say that shows your stupidity and ignorance, and to say Hitler had the right idea ? Is IGNORANCE ! I just get a laugh reading this . Low intellect = horrible actions. Look in the mirror if you are so perfect !

Since: Feb 13

Blairsville, PA

#15 Sep 21, 2013
sad wrote:
I really, genuinely love the ignorance in this post. I wonder who in your family has harmed your life from drug abuse because that is the only reason I could see someone even starting a thread like this. Drug abuse is a sad fact that is touching everyone's life in some way or another but killing someone for substance abuse? Really? The fact that you could compare someone with an addiction to drugs to a child molester is revolting. & saying that stopping drug addiction would stop all child rapists is, without a doubt, idiotic. I was addicted to drugs for eight horrible, gruesome years & have been clean & sober for two years & I would never wish my best days using on anyone in this world. It breaks the hearts & souls of everyone around you & will ruin your life but today, I am a loving mother to a baby boy (not born into addiction), a trusted daughter, niece, granddaughter & friend to everyone around me. I have 100% changed my life, I don't associate with anyone who uses (no matter how hard that may be) & I do not hurt anyone around me for selfish reasons anymore. I have dealt with the reality I caused while I was using & it was hard as hell but I did it to myself. No, not every addict or even 20% of addicts ever get clean or stay clean or have this attitude but if you plan to "exterminate" everyone for ever picking up a substance, how would you ever get to see the light at the end of that sad person's tunnel? Everyone has demons, some are just more socially acceptable than others.
I agree with you, this thread is idiotic ! Congrats , I was there too, been clean and finished school. Went from flipping wings to being a mechanical engineer !
def

Huntington, WV

#16 Sep 21, 2013
someone intriguing wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you, this thread is idiotic ! Congrats , I was there too, been clean and finished school. Went from flipping wings to being a mechanical engineer !
Thank you! Congrats to you as well! Just because someone has had a rough past DOES NOT mean that they will not have an amazing future! That is awesome, I'm in my last year of nursing school & I see great things ahead!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Hernandez 4 min this is dumb 33
Martin on Drugs 8 min Do the right thing 52
Should I ever show up naked beating on your doo... 10 min -zaphod- 17
martin shoot 16 min -zaphod- 70
chh 30 min d 9
Best Tint Shop in Town. 30 min brian 6
loud bikes 43 min pipe dream 17
drugs and prostitution in Huntington on west en... 45 min dove 31
Holderby Shooting 1 hr Ralphs a puke and... 59
Who's the POS that shot Rudy Magana? 15 hr coon blacky 23