United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

No it is not. the Manager and the assistent Manager is a Husband and wife very rude to the tenants in the building witnessed it first hand on several accounts the manager thinks he is god in the building he doesnt have to treat people with disrespect like he does most of the tenants in the building want him gone the company that owns the building is worthless they wont do nothing about complaints from the tenants wont do nothing to fix the building up plumbing is bad go somewhere else i took my family member out.and get rid of the Manager worthless and is a piece of crap........
Not a resident

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

I am a sitter for a woman that lives there. The apartments themselves seem ok, but the other poster is spot on about the managers- they're useless and holier than thou... And the plumbing is horrid. My client's toilet has backed up a couple dozen times in the past 4 months, and if it doesn't back up you still have to flush twice (even without paper or feces in it). Tenants seem to be okay but some are really rude, and others nosy/gossipy.
not a resident either

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

This Stupid Dick headed Husband and Wife team are so impersonable and disrespectble they have no people skill and are very rude in every sicce of the word. The entrance is nasty and never buffed or shiny blacken streaked floors and smells. I hear the Washing machines are wortless and backes up and laundry has to be sut down for days. I do know toilets do back up on regular basis. This mananger has also rented to many drug dealers and users, ex convics also. this is a known fact. Shame on this Stupid ignorant man.
Resident

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

All the staff needs to be fired. Greg, Tom,Joe.
This place has gone down hill in the past 4 years and each floor has drug addits and prostitutes. Theft is a big problem here and damage to cars also.
Huntington P.D needs to bring in the dogs and get rid of the drug heads. This is not a great place to live and one employee wears see trough crotch skirts and need to be stopped around these elderly
residents. Come spend a day here. You'll be shocked
at all the drug heads come in here and go half stoned and other ill repute persons.
bad

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

This place is full of drugs and felons. Bad staff, plumbing and cleanliness.
Resident

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Thank God! Highlawn place was raided around 6:50 pm
June 3rd 2013. This is only a needle in the hay stack here and Huntington P.D. is on a roll now Finally. The Dogs were brought in and two balck guys from Detroit were arested on Drug trafficing. Is this a safe place to live? Not now and hasn't been for two years. We hope this is only the beginning of a massive clean up over drugs.
The manager could not be contacted at the time and maintinence had to be call in after Said guy's scaled the balconys and got trapped by Police trying to get away. The police didn't know but one got away and hid in trash room on third floor after fleeing down fire escape.
Please clean this place up!
Messed up

Madison, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Why are all these teanagers living with their Parents there? Slut Girls wearing practicly nothing,and parents who have kids knowinly on drugs
who covers up for them. Unclean filthy conditions people moving out due to crap going on there. I hear the Manager was fired or forced out. Just one small step in the right direction. What direction will it go in now? My Dad moved out due to piss poor managment and cleanliness, and house rules not being inforced. Some one told that a mother with a new baby moved in. Not a great facility if this has happend.
Think

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Think twice before you rent there at Highlawn place. Huntington PD has a big job ahead of them is they are going to clean that place up and out
of all the drugies and vandilisim. Hear someone broke into an office, stole computers and printers, amung other things. Apartments are be broke into also.
My relative is moving out this coming week. Sad the elderly and the ones who deserve a place to live has to grab their belongings and scram.
I happen to be in Kamart today and their floors are spotless and high shine. A place as big and a place so small like the High Rise should not smell and have even a higher shine on their floors at all times. What does matinance do all the time. Where is a good manager?
Sick

Madison, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Sick and tired of Highlawn Place. No water, back up sewer, broken washers and dryers, break ins, arrest every other day, filty floors and elevaters. no maintinance, poor mangament, drugs, no airconditioning in hall-ways smelly building.
Sick

Madison, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Sick and tired of Highlawn Place with no water,backed up sewer, filthy floors and elevators, smelly building, drugs, no maintinance, managment, broken washers and dryers, felons jumping from balcony to balcony's intering other peoples apartments escaping from Police, the list goes on.
Prison Facility for rent

Danville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

If you want to rent at Highlawn Place feel free to join the hub of Drugs, filthy conditions, no Community or Kitchen ( Bared and locked up, no Puzzle or game room,( locked up) Continuous breaking and entering, Homeless people tearing up restrooms or tenants. smelly building and piss poor assistant management. Piss poor Everything.
Terrible

Madison, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Nothing is getting better at Highlawn Place. New manager is trying but its going to be a huge job.
One thing for sure the New Assistant manager Joan Needs to go. She has no personality and is no way a People person. She need a strong course in HR. I doubt it will help. She's Cocky as hell.
Now the Building is registered with the Police department as one of the worst building down town due to drugs and other bad things.
What does this tell you before you move in. There are lots of people moving out to other buildings. The bed bugs are on a rampage there also. I'm moving my Mother out ASAP. Don't move there!!!!!!!
info

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

its not going to get better your not going to stop the bedbugs your not going to keep any decent maintenance staff there as long as the current chiefs are in charge you cant tell someone how to do there job unless you have done it for your selves for starters you have now 2 females in the office that want to prove a point and one that will stab you in the back in Washington promise you things when she is there and then forgets you are alive when she leaves there slum lords that's why you cant find any info on the company .better yet move somewhere else stay away....and Joan was forced to leave her former job because she was very mean to the residents......you want to know ill tell you.

Level 5

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

P again
Resident

Uneeda, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

Well here we are again! I've had it. Excuse after Excuse. Out of money. Budget has been blown all to hell. Only one elevator, one Washing machine, no Hot water 137 Apartments, many vacancies, and never a straight answer. Every problem blamed towards others and not seeking solutions.
Please think twice before applying or residency. I'm now looking to move as others have already done because they paint a pretty picture of Highlawn place and it isn't. Yes it has been cleaned up, but when nothing works they pass the buck. I think this place will be shut down in five yrs or less.
Also a Resident

Bryan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Resident wrote:
All the staff needs to be fired. Greg, Tom,Joe.
This place has gone down hill in the past 4 years and each floor has drug addits and prostitutes. Theft is a big problem here and damage to cars also.
Huntington P.D needs to bring in the dogs and get rid of the drug heads. This is not a great place to live and one employee wears see trough crotch skirts and need to be stopped around these elderly
residents. Come spend a day here. You'll be shocked
at all the drug heads come in here and go half stoned and other ill repute persons.
Whats wrong with tom he tried harder than anybody greg was a jerk and joe was a thief ive seen tom there all hrs of the night on calls but if the company doesn't want to put money into the building its not there fault they do the best they can on what they got tom and nathon was the best that building had mike and Raymond didn't do anything I thought tom done a good job considering what he had to work with and he was by himself for half the year.
Also a Resident

Bryan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

If you want to complain call the news complain its your god given right but Tom Nathon they didn't do anything wrong I know nathon wasent mentioned yet but them to boys worked when they had the stuff to work with tom bought cleaning stuff to work with at that building I was in the community room when tom and greg and Julie was fussing cause tom said the floors was nasty and needed to be cleaned he said get the stuff for him and the floors will be done they never got it blame the company Nathon left and now tom just left and things isn't going to get any better and I heard both of them talking about the plumbing to the manager and nothing got done the 2 managers that are here don't need to be here Julie was here a couple weeks ago and both managers from what I could see are followers they don't care about us they don't care cause they don't have to here put some pictures up make it look a little pretty but overall it stinks and they know it but everybody is to chicken to say say anything ive spoken my piece to gary and lou the owners but nobody else will.
1 post removed
Angry

Danville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Tom and Nathan Did nothing wrong and so right. But these two slumlords we have now are worse than Greg ever was. He was bad but Bobbie has her family working for her and this Guy Don was fired from his last job and can't seen to get any of the Garbage out or do anything right. Bobbie asks! Well don't you think things are better. HELL no they aren't. It worse. Lobby looks good but what's that do for the trashy conditions. Fire them all. Hire someone who knows what the hell they are doing. These Five flunkies sure don't
P.S. Nathan was the Best we ever had and super honest. He was just shit on like Tom.
The New Teams won't give us the time of day! We have tried.
honest

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Move! the duo has reunited at another location and would love to welcome old friends. Come take the tour, apply or call for any information you may want

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ax or Ask 7 min The Responsible N... 17
Searching for a Gentleman's Barber 8 min Savoir Vivre 1
what do white people fear most from non white p... 15 min Triple K 24
Jessica Johnson! 32 min John 2
after hillary 47 min Silent Majority 11
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 50 min Mgtn Res 56,559
Liberals suspend student for saying "bless you" 1 hr Ben Dover 1
Debate: Ferguson - Huntington, WV 7 hr BBB 118

Search the Huntington Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cabell County was issued at August 22 at 5:00AM EDT

•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Huntington People Search