Need a Job--Manpower versus Kelly Services

Posted in the Huntington Forum

ADH

Huntington, WV

#1 Oct 23, 2013
I am a female needing to find a job quickly. I have experience in working in business offices. I am thinking about going to a temp agency because I figure they would find me something faster, plus in March I will be starting an internship. Therefore, I don't want to take a permanent full-time job from a person who really needs it when I'm only going to be available to work for about 6 months. Here's my question, between Manpower and Kelly Services, which would be the best to work for? Which would likely pay more, call me out more for open jobs, etc? I was thinking Manpower would likely be a bigger company, though does anyone else have any input? Thanks!
I quit manpower

Huntington, WV

#2 Oct 24, 2013
don`t wasting you time going to manpower they don`t know what the hell they are doing, your check will never be right and when you complain about your check they will fired you
Nobody likes a quitter

United States

#3 Oct 24, 2013
Don't you think it could be possible that they sent you out on a job with a company that actually required their workers to be at least somewhat literate? Maybe that was your problem.
former manpower worker.

Huntington, WV

#4 Oct 24, 2013
I worked for Manpower for about 2 1/2 years on two different assignments. I was at the Toyota plant for two years, 06-08, and after they laid off all temp workers I went to Alcon until I started back to school. Checks were weekly and I never had an issue with incorrect checks. I look at all my pay stubs even today to make sure they are correct. I don't have anything to complain about except for when I turned my two week notice in before I started back to school they terminated my assignment on the spot. Since they "unjustly" terminated me I was awarded unemployment which they fought for 6 months. Fortunately the decision went in my favor and I was awarded it all in a lump some. Overall I cant say that I wouldn't go back if the situation arose.
JSB0998

Mars, PA

#5 Oct 24, 2013
Back in 2010 Manpower helped me find a job quickly. Wasn't the best job but it paid & I never had a problem with getting paid. I had a choice between several different ones & I chose the wrong one. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MARSHALL claim To Fame isn't What YOU think HERD 2 min lol 174
Wife is Obese and It turns me Off Big Time (Jun '13) 6 min Coco 95
Global warming is here! 30 min nohalgerg 46
Andy miller @ directv (Jan '14) 41 min wondering 12
What happened to all the WVU fans ? 41 min nohalgerg 32
New Adult Bookstore coming to Huntington 1 hr nohalgerg 6
Single WOMEN with KIDS are EASY but DONT date THEM (Nov '13) 1 hr Anonymous 113
Huntington Dating
Find my Match

Huntington People Search