Pritchard Building/ Apts. for rent?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The One

Sumerco, WV

#1 Jan 31, 2013
I like the location of the Pritchard. Are there any nice apartments in the building? What is the best floor to live on for the least noise? Is there any parking. Are there any apts that have not been remodled with the junky drop ceilings and cheap doors and trim.
resident at prichard

United States

#2 Feb 2, 2013
I do believe there are sum apts for rent sum ppl just moved out. Pretty much ne of the floors are ok to live on as far as the noise and stuff except for 4 tht floor is full of druggies n weirdos.lol just come by the office on 6th floor n tlk to the landlord hes a great guy.and yes there are sum really nice.apts here just gotta look at em all n find the one u want. And aftr 5 pm the dwnstairs door is lockd so thts wht i like n gota hve a key card to get in.
Jon H

Huntington, WV

#3 Feb 2, 2013
Stay away it's is full of crack heads and druggies. Very bad place to live. STAY AWAY😌😌😚
resident at prichard

United States

#4 Feb 2, 2013
On the 4th floor yes but nt every1 tht lives here are im nt n i live here i dnt do drugs i work n go to school n take care if my kids its a one set price for everything a great deal as lng as u stay to ur self like i do n dont tlk to everyone
1 post removed
bambam23

United States

#6 Feb 3, 2013
Roach infested. Full of bed bugs too. Once i found a needle open and full in the stairwell.
resident at prichard

United States

#7 Feb 3, 2013
Yes there are things tht needs repaired n thy r working on them u wont hve roaches as long as ur clean n they spray for thm which thy do on my floor ive lived here 5mths n never seen one bug i hate bugs so i wldnt hve moved here bc i hve kids n im nt puttin thm in a bug infested apt. It up to u if u wanna move here everyone will hve their own opions n btw ive never seen a syringe ob the stairs thy keep it clean.
1 post removed

“Pissing off Vegan's since 1972”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 4, 2013
I think they need places like this. Because if they didn't HUD would put them in my rich white neighborhood.

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Huntington, WV

#10 Feb 4, 2013
Jon H wrote:
Stay away it's is full of crack heads and druggies. Very bad place to live. STAY AWAY😌😌ðŸ
dont forget about the gays
bambam23

United States

#11 Feb 4, 2013
My appt is very clean as well, but i still see them. There are so many druggies that live here. I go to work and come back and keep to myself. 90% of people here are nasty. HUD shouldnt approve it if they do. Its all i can afford right now, and im rly embarrassed to be seen walkin into the building. They never spray actually. They hand out bombs. Which dnt work cause not every one does it so they continue to populate.
resident at prichard

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2013
My apt does get treatd bc i do it myself lol i hate bugs i hve nevr been on the roof n dnt wnt or need to i took this apt bc its a set price for everything n i like the fact tht the main door dwnstairs locks after a certain time i hve young kids n dnt want them in a unsafe building. I like living here its nt tht bad i go to work n come home n only tlk to 2ppl tht live here
Dollar signs

Huntington, WV

#13 Jun 8, 2013
how much is the rent?

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14 Jun 9, 2013
PeeWeeOnCrack wrote:
I think they need places like this. Because if they didn't HUD would put them in my rich white neighborhood.
:D
>icwatudidthere
Billy Bob

Faber, VA

#15 Sep 14, 2013
My son is thinking about looking for an apartment there, since he works downtown and could walk to work. I understand from this thread that there are some druggies there, but there are druggies anywhere nowadays. Besides, he keeps to himself and works a lot, so that wouldn't really affect him unless they break into apartments for drug money, or something like that. Can anyone tell me, are the apartments modern, and how much the rent is for a one-bedroom? Where do residents park?
Leza

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Sep 15, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
My son is thinking about looking for an apartment there, since he works downtown and could walk to work. I understand from this thread that there are some druggies there, but there are druggies anywhere nowadays. Besides, he keeps to himself and works a lot, so that wouldn't really affect him unless they break into apartments for drug money, or something like that. Can anyone tell me, are the apartments modern, and how much the rent is for a one-bedroom? Where do residents park?
Park where ever you can find and I promise you don't want your kid there.
hmmm

Chesapeake, OH

#17 Sep 19, 2013
They are nice apartments they have roaches bad tho
nowaynoway

Huntington, WV

#18 Sep 25, 2013
Do NOT I repeat do NOT put your kid in that building unless you want him dead or strung out. That place has overdoses/crime/etc... all the time. It's full of drugs from the top to the bottom. I'm sure there are plenty of good people there too, but this place is a KNOWN drug haven. Three deaths there this year due to drugs. He's better off anywhere else.
Former Tenant

Hinesville, GA

#19 Feb 15, 2014
I lived here several years ago and it was going down hill then. Right after I moved out, a guy jumped off the building and died. Rumor has it that he had AIDS and was dying.. I dunno. The building was full of roaches and the "locked" door downstairs was rarely locked. Repairs on the bldg were non-existent.

The owner at the time was a pervert.. He was so weird.. Would just show up at my door to say hi. Creepy. The whole building looked like something out of a horror movie. The only decent floor was where the owner stayed.. I'm sure he had roaches too though.

I think I stayed for about six months.. There is parking available on the opposite side of the building. The parking lot had dedicated spots but if another car was in your spot, there was nothing you could do. I called a tow truck company and they said since I didn't own the building/property, I couldn't have a car towed. The owner, again, very creepy did nothing about the situation.

I would look for somewhere else to live. This place is weird.
jharry

Huntington, WV

#20 Feb 22, 2014
damn, seemed like a nice place until I read this. lol
Huntington Slums

New York, NY

#21 Feb 22, 2014
There is not room for anymore people. The roaches and rats fill the building.
Web user

Sumerco, WV

#22 Feb 22, 2014
What a great, grand building. Thirteen story tall buildings are so tall. And with all the historical significance the Prichard is great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coal isn't coming back 6 min Mrcommonsense 49
Shanta Anderson (galvan) 22 min Reality 7
Looking for a monster dong 27 min Really 5
proud side chicks 30 min Really 21
Kevin Lawrence...don't trust him!!!! 33 min Karma Is A Bitch 17
Deer hunting for meat to eat 48 min -zaphod- 123
How old is Virginia Vargas 1 hr Red 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance