That British Chick

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

I go to C T C and I love it! From the first moment I walked in everyone has been wonderful. Pastor Chuck and his family are awesome and inspirational. They have helped me in so many ways and every time I walk through the doors, I feel like I have come home.
There are many many people who feel the same as I do. If you have never been there you should ignore all the rubbish you read on here and give it a try. You won't regret it.
That British Chick

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

just me wrote:
Any man that gets paid to share his knowledge of gods word is not being guided by jesus nor god....
Pastor Chuck doesn not get paid to share his knowledge of Gods word. He makes a good living from the royalties of songs that he has written. Fact. There are some very bitter, uninformed, tall tail tellers trying to icite trouble out there. Wow. Shame on you.
Aegir

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh what a tangled web religion weaves.... People give money to people who promise a seat in heaven for "sewing a seed of faith with a contribution of money" and then find out that the money was not in fact being used for the purposes they were told it would be used for...

Religion is a fancy word someone dreamed up to give certain cults an air of legitimacy over other cults like the Raelians and Scientology.... It's a cult... plain and simple
Actually

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

That British Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Pastor Chuck doesn not get paid to share his knowledge of Gods word. He makes a good living from the royalties of songs that he has written. Fact. There are some very bitter, uninformed, tall tail tellers trying to icite trouble out there. Wow. Shame on you.
Pastor Chuck gets paid an exorbitant salary from the church. THAT is a fact.
Ellen

Sardis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Actually wrote:
<quoted text>
. Chuck doesn't get an exorbitant salary. He had money from being a previous successful business owner before he became a pastor and continues to receive royalties from songs he had written.
Really

South Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Who cares how much money Pastor Chuck has or how he gets it! I'm pretty sure every pastor gets paid to be a pastor of the church his pay is decided by a board and it's reasonable for everything this man has to deal with! Get a job and a life and live truly for God and then you won't have time to sit around picking st everything around you! God has plenty of other things for you to do with your time right now stop letting it go to waste
TELLER

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Really wrote:
Who cares how much money Pastor Chuck has or how he gets it! I'm pretty sure every pastor gets paid to be a pastor of the church his pay is decided by a board and it's reasonable for everything this man has to deal with! Get a job and a life and live truly for God and then you won't have time to sit around picking st everything around you! God has plenty of other things for you to do with your time right now stop letting it go to waste
I agree, why is someone so upset with what salary a pastor of a church receives. The people complaining about it probably doesn't attend CTC. I am a teller at a local bank and our bank president with his salary and bonus made $425,000 last year but I don't see our depositors complaining and he works less than 40 hours a week and never works on weekends. A church pastor works 7 days a week and often called out during the night to visit people taken to the ER and they work every weekend. I am not a member of CTC but whatever they pay their pastor or whatever any church pays their pastor is no where near the hours they work a week.
Angel wings

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Actually wrote:
<quoted text>
He deserves every penny he receives. This man preaches 3 services on Sunday and is there every night. He is a true man of God and deserves all good things.
Blackbeard

Branchland, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

First I think it is funny how all the good Christians are reading and posting on topics...LOL. Second, if you have ever studied the Bible you would know that Jesus Christ's stance on wealth and prosperity was to give it to the poor, not to buy the newest Cadillac or have an indoor, yes and indoor pool. His message was to put up riches in heaven, not on this earth because it will pass away. I've had the opportunity to see the "show" and its "ringmaster" on several occasions, and the first thing that comes to mind is the movie Leap of Faith. One thing for sure is that one might fool people, but you cannot fool God.

P.S. The man wears makeup! That's jacked up!
equality for all

South Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Angel wings wrote:
<quoted text>He deserves every penny he receives. This man preaches 3 services on Sunday and is there every night. He is a true man of God and deserves all good things.
He is a filthy rag just like you and I. We deserve wrath and fury. Your works based prosperity version of truth teaches a false Christ. Away from me evildoers. I do not know you.

Sardis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Blackbeard wrote:
First I think it is funny how all the good Christians are reading and posting on topics...LOL. Second, if you have ever studied the Bible you would know that Jesus Christ's stance on wealth and prosperity was to give it to the poor, not to buy the newest Cadillac or have an indoor, yes and indoor pool. His message was to put up riches in heaven, not on this earth because it will pass away. I've had the opportunity to see the "show" and its "ringmaster" on several occasions, and the first thing that comes to mind is the movie Leap of Faith. One thing for sure is that one might fool people, but you cannot fool God.
P.S. The man wears makeup! That's jacked up!
. He doesn't have an indoor pool and he drive a small compact car. He has to wear makeup due to being on camera for TV and/or Internet broadcast. Yes we are to give to the poor but that doesn't mean that a Christian can have a nice home and car.
Bill B

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Question 1, Can you run your household without money? Would you want to go to a church with no heat, A/C or lights. Should a full time Pastor get a salary, benefits, vacation, etc? All churches are "money churches" because they have bills to pay just like anyone else.
Question 2, If you have kids, would you want them playing in the game room and shooting pool at church or hanging out and getting drunk at a bar? Funny, I want my son to meet a Godly woman at church. If they are cursing that needs to address and I agree that it should not be allowed.
Not to sound harsh but the old ways are not going to reach this young generation. Churches needs to be creative and find ways to attract them. It may be a game room or pool table or something else. Just because it is different doesn't make it wrong or disrespectful, just another way to reach the lost. Churches need to use any Godly method available to reach this lost world and that includes music. One style of music does not fit all. Some music I don’t care for either but if it has a Godly theme use it if appropriate. The church has to start the evangelistic approach with our youth in a way that is going to reach them and claim them for the Kingdom. It may look different than traditional church but if they are getting saved is God upset?
I have not heard about the embezzlement incident at CTC until now. It is sad something like this has occurred. You have all kinds of people in a church and anything is possible. I personally feel anytime I have contributed to CTC, I have sowed in good ground. By giving I have done my part. The church leaders are responsible, not myself, on how the money is spent. If anything is not being addressed properly they will answer to God.
I have only been a visitor at CTC and every time I have visited I have been amazed how strong God's anointing has been. If this was a sin ridden church His anointing would not rest their for long.
This is sad wrote:
I love all churches they all are the Lords home. And i feel guilty right now for what im about to write. So God please forgive me. I went to Christ Temple Church twice and never went back. My reason was i felt that it was just a money church. And all the game rooms,shooting pool and a store. You go to church to worship the Lord not to go to have fun by shooting pool and to find girlfriends and boyfriends. That's what i seen when i was there and i think that's disrespecting the Lord. How's children supposed to learn about the Lord if they are in another room jamming out to music and shooting pool and even cursing. It wouldn't surprise me that this did happen with this church. Again Lord forgive me. I know you shall not judge but this has been on my heart for 3yrs now.
God Bless everyone!!

Level 8

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Bill B wrote:
If you have kids, would you want them playing in the game room and shooting pool at church or hanging out and getting drunk at a bar? Funny, I want my son to meet a Godly woman at church.
Truthfully, I would rather my son in a bar shooting pool then at the church. If he is good at pool, maybe he can pick up a little extra money if he wins consistently.

Besides, he would less likely to get sexually molested by a man in a
bar than in a church by a priest.
FED UP

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Highlawn Ghost wrote:
They did it in the name of Jesus, just like their ancestors who burned women alive and supressed scienceÂ… all in the name of religion.
Jesus himself was NOT a religious man, and in fact, He was known to tell these "Religious" men off for being nothing but Hypocritical! You can't trust other humans. Period. But you can trust God and His word because HE never changes. People fail. God does not.
BrandonHeck

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

WOW why are people on here telling all these lies !!!! CTC is an great church pastor chuck is an awesome man of GOD. Please people stop talking bad about a great place of worship that i LOVE !!!! the people there are awesome i have been going there since i was a young kid and even stopped going and when i found my faith again there was PLENTY of awesome people that did't judge me, that prayed with me and helped me get closer to god when i needed him the most. Please give Christ Temple a chance the doors are wide open for anyone and everyone. We are all sinners and we all need Jesus's blood to wipe away our sins !
sure thang

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Just another horse and pony show up on the hill. Look around and see how many bibles people are carrying. Nope, not there. It's all about “the show”. No thanks. No Six Flags over Jesus for me.
shameonu

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

IKNOW wrote:
<quoted text>RE: Executive Pastor, if by that you are speaking of the Senior Pastor then your information is totally false....I KNOW THIS MAN and have for MANY MANY YEARS...I may not agree with all ...BUT HE IS NOT an EX-CON! That is totally FALSE!!!! Please check your facts...if you mean to post lies...then I hope everyone that reads this will think twice before believing them, if you are mistaken, then please stand corrected. As for your other statments I haven't a CLUE, however again let met assure everyone, the Senior Pastor is not an EX-CON. He has NEVER left the Church, he has been at CTC for over 30 years and before that was Singing in a gospel group with his family.
Pastor Chuck Lawrence is a good man, has a real heart for people and a great pastor. He is not a crook or a fake. I have attended this church for years, haven't ways given. Sometimes things are tough and I don't give a I should. Was never made to feel guilty or treated poorly. If you don't like what the church stands for fine, but don't lie about what people are.
Bruce

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Beware!

If you are a true Christian – a follower of Jesus Christ, you do not belong in this “church,” and especially, do not turn your children over to their “Arkidz” program. Well, let them tell you in their own words. The only thing they are honest about, in a sly sort of way, is that they are heretical. They want your children to be “Arkidz.”

From their website:

“We have a powerful children’s ministry at CTC dedicated to serving your families, educating your children with the gospel of Jesus Christ through fun, exciting, and sometimes unorthodox ways.”

Below from the 1828 Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language

unorthodox:
adjective. Not orthodox; not holding the genuine doctrines of the Scriptures.

Below from www.merriam-webster.com

Synonyms of unorthodox:
dissentient, dissenting, dissident, heterodox, iconoclastic, maverick, nonconformist, nonorthodox, out-there, unconventional, heretical
1 post removed
Robert

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Revelation 3:14-18 (NIV)

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!

16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

17 You say,‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
Jesus Hussein Christ

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

FED UP wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus himself was NOT a religious man, and in fact, He was known to tell these "Religious" men off for being nothing but Hypocritical! You can't trust other humans. Period. But you can trust God and His word because HE never changes. People fail. God does not.
How do you know what I was like?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
cabell co school board 8 min Missing 69
Andrea Watermelon 10 min Exposing Andrea 63
Brandy Davis 17 min hahah 19
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 31 min KatieKnows 43,609
Mcgillycuddys Pub and Grub 35 min Chaos 16
Is everyone at Jeff's Bike shop a jerk? (Sep '12) 39 min Tin Man 42
tracey price 54 min Boohoo 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntington People Search