Review: Giovanni's Pizza

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pissed

Huntington, WV

#1 Apr 20, 2013
The rudest place I have ever attempted to order food from! My family was once loyal customers ordering from there twice a week for over a year (feeding hungry football players and wrestlers) and tipping generously! But now I would starve before I ever ordered from them again! How are you as a business going to allow some MAN to answer your phone and not only be rude and argumentative for no reason but to CUSS out your customers? What type of business is this? I will never and I mean EVER eat from there again! And I will be sure to let all of my friends and family know about the poor treatment LOYAL customers receive from their local Giovanni's!

Level 4

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 20, 2013
Pissed wrote:
The rudest place I have ever attempted to order food from! My family was once loyal customers ordering from there twice a week for over a year (feeding hungry football players and wrestlers) and tipping generously! But now I would starve before I ever ordered from them again! How are you as a business going to allow some MAN to answer your phone and not only be rude and argumentative for no reason but to CUSS out your customers? What type of business is this? I will never and I mean EVER eat from there again! And I will be sure to let all of my friends and family know about the poor treatment LOYAL customers receive from their local Giovanni's!
I can relate ,i quit going to giovanni's about 4 month's ago when i stopped in one evening to get a quick bite to eat and the punk they had tending bar decided he was gonna be class clown for a few of his friends that were sitting at the bar. But to be totally honest i never thought their pizza was all that, And a pepperoni pizza bread is like 7 dollars?!? Lmfao.. You want some good pizza minus the bad attitudes try Marco's on 1st St you wont be dissapointed.
Suggestion

Richmond, VA

#3 Apr 20, 2013
I would suggest that if you like their pizza, go to crossroads giovannis! Not only do they have great food but all of their employees are really nice. They told me last week that their dining area should be open in 6 weeks and they have a huge saltwater aquarium.
Carbon 1

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2013
Crossroads!!! Word... Make sure when your complaining about a pizza shop, include which location.. Gio's are private owners of a chain I believe.. So, one will not be the same as the others..
geez

Chesapeake, OH

#5 Apr 20, 2013
Crossroads Giovanni's is known for being very polite and going out of their way to make customers happy. I suggest everyone go to that one if you're craving Giovanni's!

Level 4

Location hidden

#6 Apr 20, 2013
No i still say your better off trying MARCO'S PIZZA on 1st St ive ate there 15+ times since they opened, That sh*t is Bangin!!!
Best pizza

Richmond, VA

#7 Apr 21, 2013
I love Husson's and Giovanni's and Marcos! Anyone know when Crossroads Giovanni's dining area will be done? And are they gonna serve beer?

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2013
I've never eaten at any of those places. Does anyone need an insurance quote?
AverageJoe

Daniels, WV

#9 Apr 21, 2013
The last time I went to Bville Giovanni's I waited 30 minutes in the pizza I ordered to go. Every time I asked about it I was blown off and told "anytime" by the lady out front. When I finally went to the kitchen window and asked, they had not even started on it. I got a refund, and same lady shorted me $5 and I had to argue with her and teach her to count!!!!!! They will never get my money again!
Flo

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Apr 21, 2013
What are you wearing Jake at State Farm?
jakes clothes

Richmond, VA

#11 Apr 21, 2013
maybe if u would eat at these places you would have customers jake... if I have never eatin at one of these places then maybe I suck?
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

#12 Apr 21, 2013
Yeah i like marco's also its like pizza hut without the sweet crap they put in dough cinammon er whatever..
Agree

Portage, MI

#13 Apr 22, 2013
I totally agree! The young bartender is so rude! He is a total smart ass! This is the one on 3rd ave right?

Level 4

Location hidden

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Agree wrote:
I totally agree! The young bartender is so rude! He is a total smart ass! This is the one on 3rd ave right?
Yeah the giovanni's across from the stadium. They were probably just dopesick waiting on that little redheaded dude to run em there Opana's. But regardless of that i wont be back.

Level 4

Location hidden

#15 Apr 24, 2013
Those cinnamon things MARCO'S has are pretty good also.
jamaal deshawn wilson

Cleveland, OH

#16 Apr 24, 2013
givonnis has goot pisa ever time i gits it has da best salse an i likes mines loded up wif everthang an thay always nice 2 me
Pizza Lover

Ashland, KY

#17 Apr 24, 2013
Some Giovanni's are better than others. Some are generous on the amount of toppings they give you and other Giovanni's aren't as generous on the amount of toppings they give you. Giovanni's, however, is about the most expensive pizza around no matter where you get it, unfortunately.
Chef Boyardee

Culloden, WV

#18 Apr 24, 2013
I am sorry but the only thing any Giovanni's pizza is good for is in place of a laxative when you are out. Huntington really doesn't have any decent Pizza Places now, Monty's is overpriced and not nearly as good as it was before Freddie Hayes bought it, Gino's is lucky that a real Italian hasn't whacked them for calling their food Italian Food, don't get me started on Little Seizures or Papa Roaches. In the past Buffalo Pizza was good before they closed and many years ago there was a place called Marios on 3rd ave and Hal Greer Blvd and Pizza Palace on 4th ave near where the old Bobbie's University Lounge was located. The only places I go in the Huntington area is La Famiglia by St Joes, they have the best food in the area in my opinion and hands down, Evaroni's is the best, never had a bad pizza there my whole life, service is great there and it is local. Romeos in Proctorville is good also.
jerry

United States

#19 Apr 24, 2013
The one on 3rd avenue burned my calzone the last two times I went there!! As holes.
AverageJoe

Charleston, WV

#20 Apr 29, 2013
I went to the buffet in Bville last week. What a joke, they had a lot of people trying it, but none seemed happy. So much potential but so poorly managed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 215 6 min MarkJ- 8
West Virginia State Police 37 min FBI--State Police... 56
Anti-fa are a bunch of queer liberal jobless co... 1 hr southern at heart 13
If the south would have won? 1 hr southern at heart 18
anna fortner (Mar '14) 1 hr Fortner Conrad f... 4
State continues work on law to drug test welfare 1 hr VCK 2
anna fortner /conrad (Dec '14) 1 hr Conrad family 2
Josh Fitzpatrick update 3 hr mmm 20
Josh Fitzpatrick Fired 11 hr TwoMinutes 95

Huntington Jobs