Herd 91

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

I am embarrassed by Marshall's play in all sports. We suck in all sports. What can we do to improve?
herd-on

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

We can start by supporting our teams. Most people, not saying you are guilty of this, want to talk trash about the teams but never show up at games to support them. To me the Joan being empty is more of an embarrassment than anything the team could ever do. This is OUR local team and university and its our responsibility as fans to do what we can to make the university look good for fans from visiting schools. That's why most, not all, MU fans do not like the way fans act in Morgantown. Treating visiting fans with hostility is unacceptable as well as an embarrassment to your team and town.
wh

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

herd-on wrote:
We can start by supporting our teams. Most people, not saying you are guilty of this, want to talk trash about the teams but never show up at games to support them. To me the Joan being empty is more of an embarrassment than anything the team could ever do. This is OUR local team and university and its our responsibility as fans to do what we can to make the university look good for fans from visiting schools. That's why most, not all, MU fans do not like the way fans act in Morgantown. Treating visiting fans with hostility is unacceptable as well as an embarrassment to your team and town.
True

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Oxymoron: Marshall sports
smh

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Try letting locals try to walk on instead finding out of state people and then they get in trouble Marshall suffers
herd 91

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

herd-on wrote:
We treat the visiting fans well, we give them a win and slide out the back in shame
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

smh wrote:
Try letting locals try to walk on instead finding out of state people and then they get in trouble Marshall suffers
The best your locals can do is stagger on
ken

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

The locals are ignorant people. The school is nice but the locals bring it down
herd-on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

herd 91 wrote:
<quoted text>We treat the visiting fans well, we give them a win and slide out the back in shame
You do a fine job of proving my point. If you are a fan, you're a terrible one. I mean no disrespect to you as a person, I am just tired of all the fair weather fans. If you truly enjoy the sport and like the team then get behind them and stay there. We will have good years and bad years but they can all be fun years. It's very nice to win but being a fan is what you make of it, good or bad.
why.so.unhappy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Spleencage wrote:
Are you always such a negative person? Are you just unhappy or is it that belittling others makes you feel superior? Either way your attitude is exactly what is wrong with this town. You should really try seeing the good in things. You and those around you would truly benefit from your new attitude. Just saying.
Fair Weather Fan

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I am a fair weather fan and proud of it. College sports is entertainment. When my favorite team does not entertain me, I will spend my money somewhere else. Movies, hobbies, high school games etc. If Marshall wants to build their attendance they will do what it takes to WIN games. People will come back when that happens. It is our money and our choice whether to buy a ticket or not.
Masochistic martyrs stay until the final gun in a blowout loss.
mu-boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Fair Weather Fan wrote:
I am a fair weather fan and proud of it. College sports is entertainment. When my favorite team does not entertain me, I will spend my money somewhere else. Movies, hobbies, high school games etc. If Marshall wants to build their attendance they will do what it takes to WIN games. People will come back when that happens. It is our money and our choice whether to buy a ticket or not.
Masochistic martyrs stay until the final gun in a blowout loss.
Which means you're not a fan. Just a bandwagon rider. Bought any Alabama gear yet poser?

“I'm a wonderer”

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

herd-on wrote:
We need to support not only the men, but the lady sports, too. It is sad when some visiting teams have more fans than MU has in it's own venue. The last few games, except Memphis, has been a very poor showing to the basketball team. The good ole days of Henderson being full, I miss it.

Level 3

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Spleencage wrote:
ouch!!
marshall!

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Herd 91 wrote:
I am embarrassed by Marshall's play in all sports. We suck in all sports. What can we do to improve?
Here's an idea...holiday needs to start cracking down on his worthless athletes that are always smoking weed ever day during the season. It's tough love. But at least maybe they would get their act together and appreciate having a team to play for
And their school payed for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

120 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
We support Ronnie Lusk and HPD 6 min daU3375 8
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min bacon hater 54,153
who got shot by hpd last night? 17 min honey 122
Lisa Hernandez (Sep '11) 18 min big d 20
Obama golfs while the world burns 34 min jeremy 36
14st west captain ds 42 min jeremy 2
Barking Dogs 44 min truthofthematter 2
scandalous women of huntington 49 min John 11
East end thief's (Nov '13) 2 hr geez 1,400
Doctors behaving badly!!!!! 3 hr I bang Nurses 24
morris bldg fire 11 hr truth 26
•••
•••
•••