Comments
21 - 40 of 69 Comments Last updated May 2, 2013
Zaphod

Alexandria, VA

#25 Apr 4, 2013
regular wrote:
Hey smartass you can't just take a couch to the dump and people don't do anything for free
Well then Kay for it you cheap basterd.
obvious

Chicago, IL

#26 Apr 4, 2013
There will be (yet another free govt service for you welfare bums) free dumpsters placed all over the city; so, pick up your nasty crap, throw it away, and stop your complaining.
Zaphod

Alexandria, VA

#27 Apr 4, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>Well then Kay for it you cheap basterd.
Pay for it
IKnow

Huntington, WV

#28 Apr 4, 2013
What about the service that is included when a city resident actually pays their refuse service bill?

If you're a paying customer, you're entitled to call the City of Huntington's Refuse Pick-UP service and schedule an appointment (at NO EXTRA CHARGE) for them to bring a pickup truck and haul away large items. I've used the service several times, for large appliances, a toilet, and hey, once I even had them haul away a COUCH and stuffed chair!

You're allowed one pickup per month, and they come right to your address. I was told as long as the items will fit in the bed of a pickup, they are ok.:)

So if you say you can't take a couch to the dump, where do the city sanitation workers haul that stuff then?

How many people bitching about this actually pay a garbage bill? Show of hands? Clean up your crap. No more excuses. You can get to video poker parlors, you can find a truck to haul your 4-wheelers. You're just lazy and dirty and cheap.
Huh

Huntington, WV

#29 Apr 4, 2013
The old Deitz Hollow dump has a transfer station at the foot of the road. You can take stuff out there as long as there is room in the dumpster containers. It goes from there to the landfill in Cannonsburg. The pickup truck stuff ends up in KY as well.
1 post removed
artist

Ashburn, VA

#31 Apr 7, 2013
I think that it is not anybody's business what someone has on their own property.
T Tebow

Huntington, WV

#32 Apr 7, 2013
artist wrote:
I think that it is not anybody's business what someone has on their own property.
Well you are wrong, it's completely legal. Just look at Morgantown.

Why should you be allowed to trash up your property and bring down property values?

Level 3

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#33 Apr 7, 2013
Your shitty looking property also contributes to a general state of seediness or decay in the neighborhood, which encourages further blight, crime and decline.

One shitty house drags down a neighborhood, and neighborhoods drag down a city. Get it now?
artist wrote:
I think that it is not anybody's business what someone has on their own property.
Miss Practicality

Huntington, WV

#34 Apr 7, 2013
A whole city will be forced to confront its hoarding tendencies.
2 posts removed
The Bright Side

Huntington, WV

#37 Apr 8, 2013
At least our police are striking at the real crime problem in Huntington, porch furniture. Keep up the good work, HPD! Thanks, Huntington!
1 post removed
artist

San Jose, CA

#39 Apr 9, 2013
I don't have indoor furniture on my porches and lawn. My porches and lawn are very clean and neat. I just think that we have too much government interference in our life. There are some people who can't afford porch furniture. There are people who complain about houses in parts of Huntington have run down houses that need painting and repairs. Some people especially the elderly can't afford to paint their houses or do repairs. Rather than condemning and demolishing homes, and throwing people out into the street, we should be helping them.
2 posts removed
Huh

Huntington, WV

#42 Apr 10, 2013
The Bright Side wrote:
At least our police are striking at the real crime problem in Huntington, porch furniture. Keep up the good work, HPD! Thanks, Huntington!
Don't blame HPD because you are clueless about the relationship between crappy property and crime.

Level 3

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#43 Apr 10, 2013
You ever stop to think that there is a connection between shitty looking neighborhoods and crime?

Sorry, it's time to clean up the damage overweight, ignorant rednecks like you have done. Don't like it? Feel free to move to skull creek holler or whatever other hole in the ground you want.
The Bright Side wrote:
At least our police are striking at the real crime problem in Huntington, porch furniture. Keep up the good work, HPD! Thanks, Huntington!
2 posts removed
liberty or die

Huntington, WV

#46 Apr 17, 2013
Hey Paws, I disagree strongly, and wish I could put negatives on your posts. It's not your business what any one else has on their porch or anywhere else as long as it's not a health or fire issue. And a $500 fine and 30 days in jail. You dumb moron, where will the poor get the money to pay that? I hope from robbing your house and car.
We had a very nice love seat, covered with plastic, and sheltered on our porch while we sold it in the classifieds this year. And I can get fined for that because we bought new furniture? May the property judges make regular visits to your house. Without property rights their are no rights. There are lots of ways to encourage a pretty city without using the force of immoral laws that infringe on your neighbors rights. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
T Tebow

Huntington, WV

#47 Apr 17, 2013
liberty or die wrote:
Hey Paws, I disagree strongly, and wish I could put negatives on your posts. It's not your business what any one else has on their porch or anywhere else as long as it's not a health or fire issue. And a $500 fine and 30 days in jail. You dumb moron, where will the poor get the money to pay that? I hope from robbing your house and car.
We had a very nice love seat, covered with plastic, and sheltered on our porch while we sold it in the classifieds this year. And I can get fined for that because we bought new furniture? May the property judges make regular visits to your house. Without property rights their are no rights. There are lots of ways to encourage a pretty city without using the force of immoral laws that infringe on your neighbors rights. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
People also have the right to have their property values not brought down by trashy neighbors. This is years late but I'm very glad it's here. Cleaning up the city can be nothing but a good thing.
Zag

Richmond, VA

#48 Apr 17, 2013
I agree with this law completely. I think it's a great thing to clean up our city, but calling names and acting ugly, just makes YOU look like trash, not the people with messy porches.. Grow up! Clean your property and let the city handle those that don't!
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#49 Apr 20, 2013
T Tebow wrote:
<quoted text>
People also have the right to have their property values not brought down by trashy neighbors. This is years late but I'm very glad it's here. Cleaning up the city can be nothing but a good thing.
Tebow your a complete idiot that must like to be screwed up your rear day in and day out by federal state and local gov and probably would love to give them a reach around while they are sticking it to you.... Because they are ... I gaurantee your nasty behind and way of living is considered trash compared to other people's standards so the city and others opinions as yourself are just that we all have one dummy if your worried of property value then you should be in a gated community but as we no your not ... So ill go ahead and let you enjoy your Daily screw you dummy...

Level 3

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#50 Apr 20, 2013
Better yet Joe, why don't you move your overweight, ignorant red neck behind back to whatever nasty holler you and your inbred kinfolk came out of? This is a city, time for you holler redneck white trash idiots to either get with the program or GET OUT.
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Tebow your a complete idiot that must like to be screwed up your rear day in and day out by federal state and local gov and probably would love to give them a reach around while they are sticking it to you.... Because they are ... I gaurantee your nasty behind and way of living is considered trash compared to other people's standards so the city and others opinions as yourself are just that we all have one dummy if your worried of property value then you should be in a gated community but as we no your not ... So ill go ahead and let you enjoy your Daily screw you dummy...
Joe

Alexandria, VA

#51 Apr 21, 2013
Earl E Warning wrote:
Better yet Joe, why don't you move your overweight, ignorant red neck behind back to whatever nasty holler you and your inbred kinfolk came out of? This is a city, time for you holler redneck white trash idiots to either get with the program or GET OUT.
<quoted text>
Would love to meet with you anytime to compare physic along with net worth ... You'd be surprised ... Its about big Gov doing what the hell they wanna do and your a big fat sheep that would walk right into the big furnaces and gas chambers you idiot Bahh Bahh bahh
1 post removed
Back 2 The Subject

Huntington, WV

#53 Apr 26, 2013
Seriously, WHEN are they gonna start ticketing? I have seen what appears to be an inspector walking around the East End, parked his city car on corners, and unless he was blind, he could not have missed several sofas and stuffed chairs on people's porches. I saw him look right at them, and yet the chairs/couches are still there, all moldy and gross.

When are they going to get this really moving? Light a fire under the butts of this lazy trash that nobody wants around them.

BTW, is this going to be a one time fee, but if you ignore it, you can have MORE fees stacked on top? God, I hope so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
officer Joey Koher 1 hr big b 9
Amber Cremeans 2 hr WV GIRL 15
what happened to diane bess? (Jan '14) 3 hr justice 38
mike mason 4 hr curious 1
prostitutes 4 hr Not A Cop 7
Women who date cops 4 hr Not A Cop 3
Zaphod thats CM not inches 5 hr -zaphod- 14
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••