First Prev
of 6
Next Last
no way

Proctorville, OH

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Unions want their foot in the door at Walmart. Keep prices LOW. Keep unions OUT.
disgruntled old fart
#2 Nov 19, 2012
that makes no sense. All unions I know of urge you to buy "made in America" products whenever possible. The only thing about walmart made in America is the buildings are assembled here. Probably with Chinese steel and mortar. Hell even veggies at walmart come from foreign countries.
Davy

Brinkhaven, OH

#3 Nov 19, 2012
I worked at Walmart for four years before getting a job as a UNION steelworker. Walmart employees wages and benefits would be so much better if they were UNION. Walmart takes advantage of its employees while they make billions after billions just to pay someone ten dollars an hour. WALMART AND ITS EMPLOYEES NEEDS A UNION!!!
xyz

United States

#4 Nov 19, 2012
I think what is really pitiful about these places that barely pay minimum wage is that they won't give their employees 40 hours. It is possible to live on minimum wage if you can get full-time hours.
disgruntled old fart
#5 Nov 19, 2012
Walmart is the emblem of corporate greed. Refuses to support the communities and towns they build in, undercut the mom and pops stores till they force them out of business then raise their prices, everything they sell is from china. They dont take care of their employees. They wont let a union in there. If they did the big wigs would have to give up a private jet or two each. Walmart should be taken to china and left there.
JJWalker

New York, NY

#6 Nov 20, 2012
Unions come in, prices go up, do you know any Walmart shoppers who wants higher prices?
1 post removed
JJWalker

New York, NY

#8 Nov 20, 2012
pony9_1 wrote:
If wally world was union, Would the products be made in the USA or China ???
Probably China.

GM is union, several of their vehicles are made in Mexico.
wondering

Lynchburg, VA

#9 Nov 21, 2012
disgruntled old fart wrote:
that makes no sense. All unions I know of urge you to buy "made in America" products whenever possible. The only thing about walmart made in America is the buildings are assembled here. Probably with Chinese steel and mortar. Hell even veggies at walmart come from foreign countries.
. I hate to buy fruits an vegetables at wal Mart buy them one day and start going bad the next . Always throwing out food from there, so now I take it back with my receipt for prove, I don't care if it was a dollar or less it adds up after awhile
fat man in the party van

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2012
JJWalker wrote:
Unions come in, prices go up, do you know any Walmart shoppers who wants higher prices?
do you know any workers that want lower wages?
big b

Huntington, WV

#11 Nov 22, 2012
wal mart employees need a union people befor profits.stop the greed.
Sam Walton

Port Deposit, MD

#12 Nov 22, 2012
No one was FORCED to apply and accept a job here. If you're unhappy, move on!

You people whine like a person that bought a low priced house next to an airport and then complains about the noise and the value of the property. Go stick your head up a camel's butt and inhale, losers.
OMG

Seth, WV

#13 Nov 22, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>. I hate to buy fruits an vegetables at wal Mart buy them one day and start going bad the next . Always throwing out food from there, so now I take it back with my receipt for prove, I don't care if it was a dollar or less it adds up after awhile
Then don't buy em there
lol

Daniels, WV

#14 Nov 22, 2012
Why would companies manufacture things here when they can manufacture things outside of the U.S. with cheaper labor and ship it back here? American industry is dead and unions are just as much to blame for it as anyone.
2 posts removed
JJWalker

Huntington, WV

#17 Nov 22, 2012
fat man in the party van wrote:
<quoted text>
do you know any workers that want lower wages?
do you know any customers that want higher prices?
1 post removed
BigBully

Springfield, NJ

#19 Nov 22, 2012
xyz wrote:
I think what is really pitiful about these places that barely pay minimum wage is that they won't give their employees 40 hours. It is possible to live on minimum wage if you can get full-time hours.
I think the 40 hour week will disappear with ObamaCare. I don't THINK you have to pay the penalty on part time workers for not providing insurance.
wondering

Lynchburg, VA

#20 Nov 22, 2012
I don't
BigBully

Springfield, NJ

#21 Nov 23, 2012
wondering wrote:
I don't
Deep thoughts
SEIU

Huntington, WV

#22 Nov 23, 2012
BigBully wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the 40 hour week will disappear with ObamaCare. I don't THINK you have to pay the penalty on part time workers for not providing insurance.
The 40 hour week won't go away for me....
"Why"? you ask because I am union and my employer can NOT take it away from me. Also people who say unions make prices go up check out Kroger. They have prices about the same as Wall Mart some more expensive some cheaper and Kroger is union.
fat man in the party van

Springfield, NJ

#23 Nov 23, 2012
SEIU wrote:
<quoted text>The 40 hour week won't go away for me....
"Why"? you ask because I am union and my employer can NOT take it away from me. Also people who say unions make prices go up check out Kroger. They have prices about the same as Wall Mart some more expensive some cheaper and Kroger is union.
but you are hurting your employer by not letting them take advantage of you. You union people always want all these fair wages and health benefits. Don't you realize your ruining America by cutting into the top 1%s billion dollar bonuses
Army Chick

Huntington, WV

#24 Nov 23, 2012
fat man in the party van wrote:
<quoted text>
but you are hurting your employer by not letting them take advantage of you. You union people always want all these fair wages and health benefits. Don't you realize your ruining America by cutting into the top 1%s billion dollar bonuses
The store employees do not come up with the game plan to turn big profits. Why should they get paid more when all they do is what they are told to do?

The big wigs at corporate should get the big bonuses because they come with the game plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union couldn't save 400 jobs at Mylan 18 min gary 8
Michael Butcher (Dec '13) 21 min ex hpd officer 8
blacks vs whites (Mar '14) 21 min gary 41
Lady G's or Southern X (Oct '15) 40 min Hooker 38
spring planting time 44 min gary 248
Russia navy ready for WAR. 1 hr southern at heart 104
I don't feel that I should take a back seat cuz... 2 hr Loyal 46

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages