Indeed

Hurricane, WV

#88 Feb 9, 2013
I know exactly what you mean about barboursville goodwill. I have seen one of the workers call the " dumpy woman" and I waited to see what was going on. 10 mins later she pulls up in her mercedes and goes to the back and the buggy parade out of the back began. Amazing the amount of things she takes out of there. About a week ago I pulled up and the.same wilderbeast employee was outside helping the dumpy woman.load her mercedes up with her large purchase. Its.become.shameful
XYZ

Huntington, WV

#89 Feb 10, 2013
Indeed wrote:
I know exactly what you mean about barboursville goodwill. I have seen one of the workers call the " dumpy woman" and I waited to see what was going on. 10 mins later she pulls up in her mercedes and goes to the back and the buggy parade out of the back began. Amazing the amount of things she takes out of there. About a week ago I pulled up and the.same wilderbeast employee was outside helping the dumpy woman.load her mercedes up with her large purchase. Its.become.shameful
I haven't been to Barboursville, but it doesn't surprise me. I bet this happens a lot. I've seen first hand in the West end, the black lady's boyfriend come in to get stuff and gets rung through for 50% off, and I know that not everything he had was a sake item. I hardly ever can find something that is half off. I miss those days when your whole purchase was half off no matter what u bought.
Indeed

Hurricane, WV

#90 Feb 10, 2013
XYZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been to Barboursville, but it doesn't surprise me. I bet this happens a lot. I've seen first hand in the West end, the black lady's boyfriend come in to get stuff and gets rung through for 50% off, and I know that not everything he had was a sake item. I hardly ever can find something that is half off. I miss those days when your whole purchase was half off no matter what u bought.
Barboursville Goodwill needs investigated. Going to make that call tomorrow
Xylophone

Huntington, WV

#91 Feb 10, 2013
I live in Huntington and shop at all the goodwills from Charleston to Ashland. The price changes don't bother me. I do believe they do good things for the community. I mostly shop at Ashland, Chesapeake, and Va avenue. The atmosphere at Ashkand is horrible. The staff are not very friendly. Someone told me a girl got fired for stealing. That's a shame. Chesapeake I hardly buy anything because they are a little more pricey. Va ave has some good deals. Some things are over priced. Some of the staff are just down right rude. My friend works in lavalette and has told me how many people has been caught stealing from Goodwill over the years. It's a shame. I like Barboursville and Milton, but I hardly ever find anything. Last time I was in Barboursville, there was a new girl and she was real weird acting on ringing me out. I like the colored lady shes the friendliest one. i do like thr lady they made manager at milton. shes realky nice. i really like teays valley. I usually always find something there. Over all, I'm a satisfied customer.
FYI

Charleston, WV

#92 Feb 10, 2013
Most of there stuff costs to much for it to have just been gave to them. I don't like the color code because its to much to look through everything just to find your size. If I have stuff to get rid of I take mine to Ecco in Milton! It's all free! I don't like giving to good will because I know most of the stuff doesn't get on the floor!
factual

Huntington, WV

#93 Feb 10, 2013
well i know for a fact that amy cartwright is friends with the lady in the mercedes and she comes there and preselects what she wants and they have aflea market partnership
CIA

Huntington, WV

#94 Feb 10, 2013
Indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
Barboursville Goodwill needs investigated. Going to make that call tomorrow
This is what happens when the economy takes a turn downward and staff is underpaid. People will supplement in order to survive. Every business I deal with has similar issues. It's only getting worse as time progresses. There will always be those few who ruin it for a whole bunch.
avid shopper

Huntington, WV

#95 Feb 10, 2013
i go there atleast 2 times a week and ive seen that lady i think you have the wrong impression she sits sometimes because she has a bad leg and she has the right to spend as much money as the rest of us and ive been behind her when she spends like 75 dollars at a time
IloveGW

Huntington, WV

#96 Feb 10, 2013
Indeed wrote:
I've seen that woman too at the West end store also. She had a bunch of stuff there to. I didn't think anything of it. I've talked to her before and she's really nice. I just thought she was a Goodwill junkie like me. I've never noticed anything unusual. There's a few older women that hit the stores and buy buggies full. And the staff know them pretty well. I just pop in and out real quick usually. My daily stop after work :)
so am i

Huntington, WV

#97 Feb 10, 2013
ha ha im a goodwill junkie as well and i see her there all the time and at the other goodwills as well i know shes been shopping there over twenty years or so because i have as well and have always seen her she has a friend who take items to people who,s houses have burned its ashame that people get on here and start stuff on people like that.
shame on you.
i would say goodwill should give that lady a trophy for most money spent lol ive seen her spend alot.
what a goofball

Huntington, WV

#98 Feb 10, 2013
are you really that stupid to say it comes out with sold on it i shop that goodwill 3 times a week and i also know who you are speaking of and she is a very nice person and just because she stays near the back and watches for them to put stuff out isnt unusual if im in there i do the same thing and im sure you do to .
its common sence to try to get it first when they push buggies out but now you cant do that anymore which btw i dont like.its just silly now we have to follow them around and try to get it from the shelf which makes other shoppers mad if you get it first. the people picking on this lady are just jelous people who wanted something she bought first thats all it amounts to.
i will my self make a call to goodwill and tell them what a great person this lady is and how jelous people are just trying to cause trouble.
and i think its nice that workers will offer to help you to your car and bring your buggy back my mother is disabled and it means alot to her to get help to the car but im sure the idiot that started this crap has messed it up for my 84 yr old mother to get help to her car now
black lady

Huntington, WV

#99 Feb 10, 2013
XYZ wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been to Barboursville, but it doesn't surprise me. I bet this happens a lot. I've seen first hand in the West end, the black lady's boyfriend come in to get stuff and gets rung through for 50% off, and I know that not everything he had was a sake item. I hardly ever can find something that is half off. I miss those days when your whole purchase was half off no matter what u bought.
Who is ringing her boyfriend up?
Laughing at you

Branchland, WV

#100 Feb 10, 2013
Can't put good stuff out if we dont get it! WE get TRASH, TRASH goes to dumpster!!!!!!! Nosy old woman get a life and mind your own damn business! There are so many cameras in that store watching we couldnt steal and take all the so called good stuff we get so often even if we wanted to.
Stickit

Huntington, WV

#101 Feb 10, 2013
They all have bed bugs. Don't go their.
really

Saint Albans, WV

#102 Feb 10, 2013
Stickit wrote:
They all have bed bugs. Don't go their.
Well I know for a fact,More than bed bugs but it ain't in Barboursville.some of the stores employees shop, put their stuff in hiding than call friend or boyfriend and they purchase the items for them. them I know because I've seen it. They have a Mom and daughter team in the Barboursville that LOVE to stir carp and they feed off of that tall ugly girl that works there sometimes.she can't talk plain, but she trashes Bethany, and tell everyone about a man that got fired for doing the nasty with a client in her office at the west end store.
shoppster

Huntington, WV

#103 Feb 10, 2013
anyone who shops goodwill loyaly know the girl in the mercedes and shes a goodhearted person who helps others people are sooooo jelous its crazy she gets good stuff because she goes alot to all of them i saw her at bbville westend several times this past week and she says she goes to all of them all the time she shops for alot of people and spends alottt of money there she should hold a share in that place.
talked to her b4

Huntington, WV

#104 Feb 10, 2013
i spoke to that lady shes a walking billboard for goodwill i know she spends alot of money there but shes always defending them when people talk about the prices she goes on and on about the people she gets to help because of goodwill i say leave her alone she does good for the community she should get a pass i know she shops for a grandmother who has cancer and had to adopt 4 of her grandchildren because their parents were on drugs and thats only one family she helps so lay off.
hey lady if you read this post i will help you get your own donations screw goodwill save your money
shady

Huntington, WV

#105 Feb 10, 2013
wow you want to talk shady employees the west end takes the cake
i looked at a necklace that was 10 dollars i said no thnx a lil much for me.then the next lady got it for one dollar and six cents i was like i thought that was 10 the girl said im sorry my eyes are bad well her her memory must be bad to she had just showed it to me.
shocktaw

Huntington, WV

#106 Feb 10, 2013
oh dont i know it a bed spread was 25 dollars they said we cant lower prices. then some woman and her daughter comes in that shops there all the times and pays five dollars and 30 cents they are so dumb did it right in front of me after saying they cant lower prices well i have shopped virginia ave for over ten years but i am DONE DONE DONE .
dirty

Saint Albans, WV

#107 Feb 10, 2013
Getting back to getting rid of the Barboursville manager, she really is a good hearted lady.They don't appreciate good.I heard it's not just her but everyone there.They want the people from Va Ave.to CLEAN THE STORE UP.well it already is cleaner,they just want a select few that pretty much rule the show They will have to look long and hard to find employees better than they have now. As for the manager,people talking smack about her should be ashamed of themselves.She lives in that town,has tons of good friends, wonderful family and she has worked hard all the years I've known her, about 30.Why are people talking about her. She loves Goodwill, or used to, why do you want to hurt her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Project Hope-City Mission 50 min Yep 3
Best place to get weed in Huntington (Mar '12) 55 min Juggler 43
Drugs on Baltimore street (Apr '14) 1 hr Yep 13
Best ever hookers in huntington (Nov '12) 1 hr Truth 208
Davis' Bar & Pawn Shop 1 hr Shaking My Head 1
Erin/highlawn ave (Jun '14) 1 hr Been there 7
News New Student Affairs leadership team announced a... 1 hr Cerberus 3
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE