Since: Aug 11

Richmond, VA

#67 Jan 4, 2013
No its not
Fargu

United States

#68 Jan 4, 2013
GW employee wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you feel that way but I think you will pay more than 7.75 for Vera Wang brand new. You all who are complaining.......continue to shop at Walmart, a place that tells lies to move into communities, runs small businesses out and gives their employees less than 40 hours per week.

We appreciate our customers and donors for their continued support!
Well yes, but I've rarely seen Vera Wang or AE jeans...the one in Milton especially seems to have old Chic jeans, for $6. Miss the Dollar Bins. And also, anyone else get P:SSED that the one in Milton leaves their donations out back, to be ruined? I've seen nice couches & TVs just sitting there. Ive even went in to tell them that they have some nice things sitting at their back door, and the next day they were still there...being rained on & destroyed...nice...
anonyous

United States

#69 Jan 4, 2013
Why pay 6 dollars for used jeans. When new jeans at gabriel brothers are 10 dollars and go up. Besides e.t. that goodwill gets is donated.
XYZ

Huntington, WV

#70 Jan 5, 2013
While the prices on most items, considering that they are usually in bad shape, or just trash no one wants, it's up to them how they price things. Don't like it? Go shop somewhere else and quit whining. It's how our country works. Do you really think Goodwill is about helping people, and not about making the people at the top money? Their CEO is paid almost 400k a year.
guarded

Huntington, WV

#71 Jan 5, 2013
XYZ wrote:
While the prices on most items, considering that they are usually in bad shape, or just trash no one wants, it's up to them how they price things. Don't like it? Go shop somewhere else and quit whining. It's how our country works. Do you really think Goodwill is about helping people, and not about making the people at the top money? Their CEO is paid almost 400k a year.
Really, are u talking about the CEO of Goodwill International? Cause I know the President doesn't make even close Ty that.
help

Butler, PA

#72 Jan 5, 2013
GW employee wrote:
<quoted text>
I work at one of the Goodwills and it is our mission to help those needing a hand up. We appreciate our customers who help us do that, however we have employees to pay and bills that have to be payed as well. When the prices went up about four years ago, that was the first raise in prices for about 15 years. 6.00 is not a lot to pay for a pair of American Eagle, Hollister or 7for all mankind jeans. 1.75 is not outrageous for children's clothing.
I'm sorry you choose not to shop with us, but our mission will not change and we will continue our services to those who need them.
Eagle? Holister? I dont care about brand..i just need cheap priced clothing for the family...if i cared about brands i would have money to buy new brand cloths

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#73 Jan 5, 2013
sassy d wrote:
the west end store and the lavelette store, the two I shop at.I haven't been to Milton for a while, their manager is a strange One, but she's pregnant. lavelette, well that is the most dufus bunch of people I've ever seen.I heard one slips over to Mickie ds for a quicky.Ha clothes suck, havent been to vaudeville for a while either. it ain't so bad, all except that black girl and one named Roben.not friendly at all. oh well trash sells trash.
Then that must make you someone who buys trash.....

Would it not? Just wondering..........
Ugly

Hansford, WV

#74 Jan 6, 2013
Just google "CEO salary goodwill" You can see their outrageous salaries for this so-called Nonprofit organization. I take my stuff to Salvation Army, or just find friends that need the clothes. Have stopped taking donations to Lavalette goodwill. Tired of seing good things trashed, or actually hearing and seeing for myself the employess say they are going to take this and that home with them.
So don't anyone from GW respond to this and say "we don't do That, or we have to put stuff on shelves and buy off shelves like everyone else" cause it's not true. I SAW IT FOR MYSELF!!
GW has changed from an organization for the NEEDY, to an organization for the GREEEDY!!
guarded wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, are u talking about the CEO of Goodwill International? Cause I know the President doesn't make even close Ty that.
CRAZY

Huntington, WV

#75 Jan 7, 2013
I was in there yesterday and their prices are CRAZY. I would never give $6.00 for a pair of used jeans. Especially when everything they receive is used. They had a remote control used buzz light year toy and wanted $40 for it. really? It's a used toy with no packaging.I don't know any needy person that can afford that. Hell we make about 70,000 a year and I refuse to pay that. They have lost their minds and customers.
XYZ

Huntington, WV

#76 Jan 7, 2013
guarded wrote:
<quoted text>
Look into it a bit before you start arguing.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-hrabe/the-...
Plainly states that James Gibbons made more than a half million dollars.
Happy Feet

United States

#77 Jan 8, 2013
First thing you have to do is learn how to spell and for as selling trash, only people who come from trash knows what trash looks like.
I think the black girl and the one named Robin are nice, they have never miss treated me. Maybe you need to change your attitude.
sassy d wrote:
the west end store and the lavelette store, the two I shop at.I haven't been to Milton for a while, their manager is a strange One, but she's pregnant. lavelette, well that is the most dufus bunch of people I've ever seen.I heard one slips over to Mickie ds for a quicky.Ha clothes suck, havent been to vaudeville for a while either. it ain't so bad, all except that black girl and one named Roben.not friendly at all. oh well trash sells trash.
Happy Feet

United States

#78 Jan 8, 2013
Mistreated not miss treated my mistake
1 post removed
hillbilly

United States

#80 Jan 9, 2013
Bobolay wrote:
Dont go.
They used too send their levies too Russia.And they made big bucks.I would say they are still doing that. And it may have been all jeans.You can not find any good jeans there.
White chicka

Huntington, WV

#81 Jan 9, 2013
It's simple, if you don't like things the way they are, then shop somewhere else and shut the hell up. As far as to get on here and bash employees and call them out by name, well your a piece of sh1t to do that. They are just trying to do their job. Goodwill does some good things for the community. So stop hating.
bec

Richmond, VA

#82 Jan 10, 2013
by far the best goodwill around and wonderful employees and great management and robyn is a wonderful person with a very caring soul i wish there were more people like her
concerned

Richmond, VA

#83 Jan 11, 2013
bec wrote:
by far the best goodwill around and wonderful employees and great management and robyn is a wonderful person with a very caring soul i wish there were more people like her
I agree! Robyn is very sweet and so are the other workers. Try smiling and speaking to them. They always make me feel good to shop there. And I can't believe people talk crap about the black girl. She is extra friendly to everyone. I think the company is a rip off but the workers are good people.
mee

Richmond, VA

#84 Feb 8, 2013
i go to all the goodwills at least 3 times a week bbville is by far the very best the workers are so down to earth folks always try to cheer ya up they always go out of their way to help me find items now that the system changed i get aggervated looking for sizes .i did notice that i didnt see the manager out there lately i heard she stepped down or something like that. wow im predicting that to be a big mistake .i loved that lady i think her name was brenda or something like that i know it begins with a b.i thought she was so sweet i admired her because i saw her telling employees what to do but she was treating them like they were somebody and not slaves that stood out to me its important to like your coworkers and boss therefore you are happier and that means customers are treated well.i hope she will still be coming in there i always brought a few folks from the church who were challenged and brenda would always come out and make them feel so special.god has a special place in his heart for people like her.
Holla

Huntington, WV

#85 Feb 9, 2013
mee wrote:
i go to all the goodwills at least 3 times a week bbville is by far the very best the workers are so down to earth folks always try to cheer ya up they always go out of their way to help me find items now that the system changed i get aggervated looking for sizes .i did notice that i didnt see the manager out there lately i heard she stepped down or something like that. wow im predicting that to be a big mistake .i loved that lady i think her name was brenda or something like that i know it begins with a b.i thought she was so sweet i admired her because i saw her telling employees what to do but she was treating them like they were somebody and not slaves that stood out to me its important to like your coworkers and boss therefore you are happier and that means customers are treated well.i hope she will still be coming in there i always brought a few folks from the church who were challenged and brenda would always come out and make them feel so special.god has a special place in his heart for people like her.
She very well may have stepped down, but I was in Virginia avenue and over heard a conversation that they wanted the Barboursville manager out because the store was a million dollar potential. Goodwill is the most unprofessional business I have ever seen and there are some really ignorant people running the places. What a joke. But as I long as I can still find things to re sell and make money off of them, I will continue to shop there. It's kind of like watching a soap opera. Dumb asses
Holla

Huntington, WV

#86 Feb 9, 2013
But also, there are a few that I really like and a very select few that are in deed not dumb asses, but for the most part, most of them have their heads shoved up their own ass or to busy kissing someone else's
NUH UHHH

Scott Depot, WV

#87 Feb 9, 2013
She very well may have stepped down, but I was in Virginia avenue and over heard a conversation that they wanted the Barboursville manager out because the store was a million dollar potential. Goodwill is the most unprofessional business I have ever seen and there are some really ignorant people running the places. What a joke. But as I long as I can still find things to re sell and make money off of them, I will continue to shop there. It's kind of like watching a soap opera. Dumb asses

Barboursville Goodwill has tons of potential BUT they are the sneakiest bunch of employees I have ever seen. Nothing good hits the floor and if it does it goes straight to some dumpy looking woman who drives a MERCEDES and sits right outside the back room doors as they just wheels buggys out for her review. Items come straight out of the back with SOLD tickets on them. Someone there is making some $$$$$ on the side. I am sick of seeing whats going on there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Hood 19 min Sounds like 43
Theresa dasher and chuck stidom 28 min Thought I knew em 2
Alligator Jackson 42 min Truth 295
Josh Fitzpatrick Fired 49 min buckeye 144
does anyone know where to get cigarettes withou... (Jul '11) 1 hr Trump jr 34
Women selling themselves on the interstate ramps 1 hr Tabitha 5
wsaz and tony cavalier 1 hr Trump jr 3

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance