Mr Spleencage

Ardsley, NY

#22 Sep 8, 2012
I buy mine & Spleencage's underwear at Goodwill. She really likes the holy, crust & smelly ones.
Happy Feet

Portage, MI

#23 Sep 8, 2012
I like the boursville gw, the workers are all nice and i don't mind the prices, cheaper than the mall.
Wooster or bust

Camp Creek, WV

#24 Sep 8, 2012
Well i love goodwill i have been twice in two weeks and got a nice eddie bauer long sleeve green cargo shirt for 2.50 and a cool extreme gear sweater for 2.50 and a new pair of nikes for 2.00 and a santana cd for 1 dollar wow that is a real deal in my book folks
haha

Richmond, VA

#25 Sep 9, 2012
everyone needs to go to hera;d dispatch the voice of the people and complain
shocked

Richmond, VA

#26 Sep 9, 2012
GW employee wrote:
<quoted text>
I work at one of the Goodwills and it is our mission to help those needing a hand up. We appreciate our customers who help us do that, however we have employees to pay and bills that have to be payed as well. When the prices went up about four years ago, that was the first raise in prices for about 15 years. 6.00 is not a lot to pay for a pair of American Eagle, Hollister or 7for all mankind jeans. 1.75 is not outrageous for children's clothing.
I'm sorry you choose not to shop with us, but our mission will not change and we will continue our services to those who need them.
its all donated they are out of control i donated there for years to help others and went in last week to donate and was shocked at prices i turned around and left and took my donation else where and i will tell all members of my church to do the same they want control over everything an employee there told me that a new rule is that all employees are not alloud to shop there even on there day off who are they to tell you what to do with your personal time and also 6.00 for brand name yes is great but most are not brand name and price is the same they over price household items till they sit on shelf and get broken and thrown out i saw they had used knock off brand purses for 25.00 same as brand new at local flea market i think if most community members saw their actions they would no longer support i know i will NOT
your wrong

Richmond, VA

#27 Sep 9, 2012
thats not the only price change in 4 yrs prices changed 2 yrs ago
careful shopper

Charleston, WV

#28 Sep 9, 2012
I would rather pay 6.00 for a used pair of American Eagle jeans at Goodwill than 60.00 for a brand new pair. You can also get really nice name brand used clothing cheap at flea markets and rummage sales if you look around.

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

Winfield, WV

#29 Sep 9, 2012
I've donated some really nice items there. I'm pretty sure they never made it to the shelves. I know others are also donating nice things, but when you go in there, all they have in the shelves/racks are other people's trash.

A friend was dropping off some things one day and a worker grabbed one item she liked and said she was taking it home. I can pretty much guarantee that the workers are taking the good items and either keeping them or selling them (yard sales, Craigslist, eBay, flea market, etc).

I will never donate anything there again. You can do much better by asking around to see who needs the items, or as I have done recently, put them up on the "free stuff" Craigslist section, if you can't find anyone
1 post removed
haha

Ashville, OH

#31 Sep 10, 2012
GW employee wrote:
<quoted text>I work at one of the Goodwills and it is our mission to help those needing a hand up. We appreciate our customers who help us do that, however we have employees to pay and bills that have to be payed as well. When the prices went up about four years ago, that was the first raise in prices for about 15 years. 6.00 is not a lot to pay for a pair of American Eagle, Hollister or 7for all mankind jeans. 1.75 is not outrageous for children's clothing.
I'm sorry you choose not to shop with us, but our mission will not change and we will continue our services to those who need them.
I can go to jc Penney Anytime and buy a brand new pAir of jeans for no more Than 8$ for kids. Any size or color. So if I take a chance on maybe you will them or maybe you have a certain size style or color, or maybe you won't and I still have to drive to the mall then what am I saving.
agrees

Richmond, VA

#32 Sep 10, 2012
everyone write to the voice of the ppl in herald dispatch so folks who dont know about topix will see it get the ball rolling maybe if sales drop prices will to
wowww!!!!

Ardsley, NY

#33 Sep 10, 2012
Some folks are fired up on here. I bought brand new Jeans for my daughter and payed 1.75! I'm not going to complain at all. People who shop at goodwill everyday know that you can't beat the prices for the name brand items. The flea market people come in and buy the name brand stuff and sell it to the consumer at a higher price.
wowww!!!!

United States

#34 Sep 10, 2012
your wrong wrote:
thats not the only price change in 4 yrs prices changed 2 yrs ago
really? What prices went up?
haha

Ashville, OH

#35 Sep 10, 2012
I havent seen a pair of jeans at goodwill for $1.75 in a looooong time.
I dont

Kimberly, WV

#36 Sep 10, 2012
Bobolay wrote:
Dont go.
That's the point -- WE DON'T GO ANY MORE. Too expensive while the officers of Goodwill earn half-million $ salaries selling donated goods and operating as a CHARITY. Nothing charitable about that operation at all. Just a second hand store operating on the taxpayers dole FOR PROFIT -- LOTS OF PROFIT.
wowww!!!!

Ardsley, NY

#37 Sep 10, 2012
I dont wrote:
<quoted text>That's the point -- WE DON'T GO ANY MORE. Too expensive while the officers of Goodwill earn half-million $ salaries selling donated goods and operating as a CHARITY. Nothing charitable about that operation at all. Just a second hand store operating on the taxpayers dole FOR PROFIT -- LOTS OF PROFIT.
goodwill is not a charity, it is a non-profit. There is a difference. Go ask them for the figures as to how much they make and how much they spend. NOBODY there makes half a million dollars! Be informed before you make your false accusations.
wowww!!!!

Ardsley, NY

#38 Sep 10, 2012
haha wrote:
I havent seen a pair of jeans at goodwill for $1.75 in a looooong time.
I know for a fact that during the back to school sale, there were at least 100 pair of new jeans (children's) for 1.75.
agrees

Richmond, VA

#39 Sep 11, 2012
[QUOTE who="wowww!!!!"]< quoted text>
I know for a fact that during the back to school sale, there were at least 100 pair of new jeans (children's) for 1.75.[/QUOTE]yes childrens jeans but they r going up to they were 175 2 weeks ago prices changed 1 week ago now adults and jrs are 6.00 and specials like new are 12
unfornately born male

Huntington, WV

#40 Sep 11, 2012
I'll keep shopping at goodwill just because I like to see the looks on the faces of the cashiers when I buy girly panties and lingerie for myself.
enough said

Nitro, WV

#41 Sep 11, 2012
can't you welfare people find something better to do than to trash the good people of goodwill? as for 12.00 jeans, they changed their policy. They don;t up anything anymore. What you see is what you get. If they have tags or not they are $6.00.You talk about the workers taking stuff? not true they can't even shop in their store. They got rid of the thiefs in VA ave. well almost. 3 down and 1 to go. I still shop there for books because I like to read but the tension in the Milton and Lavalette store is sad. Barboursville not so much buit still some unhappy over worked employees. They should have done the changes gradually instead of all at once. Just sayin.Go around in back of the Barboursville store on a Sunday morning and see what the good people have left for them to clean up. Dumpster divers just leave crap all over and nobody cares just clean it up./
been there!

Ardsley, NY

#42 Sep 11, 2012
agrees wrote:
[QUOTE who="wowww!!!!"]< quoted text>
I know for a fact that during the back to school sale, there were at least 100 pair of new jeans (children's) for 1.75."

yes childrens jeans but they r going up to they were 175 2 weeks ago prices changed 1 week ago now adults and jrs are 6.00 and specials like new are 12
that is not true, children's jeans are still 1.75 and there aren't any specials now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I was going as a Liberal for Halloween but I co... 2 min TheActualBird 42
Cops want Landlord to do Cops job. 35 min TheActualBird 28
America Held Hostage Day 212 45 min MarkJ- 12
Healthcare Reform In United States 45 min RNs 3
Who is ZOMBIE? The graffiti all over Huntington. 59 min TheActualBird 5
Anti-fa are a bunch of queer liberal jobless co... 1 hr TheActualBird 5
Huntington Babe Ruth 1 hr Ashland 601
Alligator Jackson 2 hr get over it 81
Josh Fitzpatrick Fired 3 hr me 86
Josh Fitzpatrick update 9 hr love JF 7