First Prev
of 11
Next Last
lovesgwtoo

Saint Albans, WV

#220 Mar 10, 2013
I went to Virginia Avenue last night. Why do they have tons of new kids stuff and bathing suits and some of the other stores have very little summer, Bville said they aren't allowed to put anything out yet. What the he'll is up with that? Just saying!!!!
goodforme

Huntington, WV

#221 Mar 11, 2013
Bee Keeper wrote:
I hear what you are saying, I used to love to go to the Barboursville location,everyone was so friendly and happy, not so anymore especially that blacl woman. She always has a cob up her butt and the one that used to work at the West End, Those two I can do without. The manager tells us that they are making changes for the better, better for who????? I do know that they are not allowed to shop at the store they work at anymore. None of the Goodwills can.I have to say that it is the most well kept one I've been in locally. I have a flea market booth and I can't pay the prices and make profit too.I do know for a fact that Barboursville has two young men working there a couple of days a week each that could otherwise not find work. They have learning issues and they train people to go out into the workforce. I don't agree with some of the changes but who am I to judge????? If something is to high for my budget I don't buy it. But I do love to go in and kill time of a lonesome day and just look around and talk to the employees or other people that are shopping. Don't be too harsh on them, they mean well.
I used to work there. When I left, I really missed all of the awesome customers that I became friends with! I was there through the Christmas season of 2011. Perhaps we knew one another.
beekeeper

Hurricane, WV

#222 Mar 14, 2013
I worked there 4 years ago. Loved it but did not get along with the then manager. It's an ok store, my favorite was the customers.depends on who is on duty how you get treated. I still shop all of them but they have raised their prices.but so had everyone else. elseWhere the CEO is leaving for a better job. She is a great lady but I shudder thinking what anew one will bring.
lovesgwtoo

Saint Albans, WV

#223 Mar 25, 2013
Looks like the BS has calmed down a little. Good,on to more important topix. Bunch of carp, the whole company is a joke. Yea they make money but now all it is is resalers.I know personally a woman that supports her family on the goods donated. GO to gw, buy a pair of American eagle jeans for $6.00, pick out a cute top for $2.75, lay it across the bed.now $8.75 plus tax, EBay, or tri-state pickers apparel, bam ! Sold for 95.00 dollars. They pick through the good stuff coming in three or four times a day so when we working people get off and want to shop for school clothes, nothing and I mean nothing left.Good luck to them and all of you, my kids will have to settle for Kmart brand, never Hollister when I go.
wow really

Huntington, WV

#224 Mar 29, 2013
what the hell has happened to bbv used to be my favorite store but gee whiz they are putting out trash now literraly clothes stained ripped that store has changed last month or two.looks better but merchandise has really went down hill. seems every time i find something its stained or has a hole .
but yet prices have raised. i miss the dollar bins when you could afford play clothes for your kids.
and old t shirts to paint in and things like that. someone needs to talk to the big wig and get those things back.
Btw

Huntington, WV

#225 Mar 29, 2013
wow really wrote:
what the hell has happened to bbv used to be my favorite store but gee whiz they are putting out trash now literraly clothes stained ripped that store has changed last month or two.looks better but merchandise has really went down hill. seems every time i find something its stained or has a hole .
but yet prices have raised. i miss the dollar bins when you could afford play clothes for your kids.
and old t shirts to paint in and things like that. someone needs to talk to the big wig and get those things back.
It's because they are made to put out more clothes and it's not just bbv. All the stores are like this. They don't care so much as the quality but more about the quantity. I dont know why there isnt other stuff coming out. Ive heard that emloyees get first picks, but idk if thats true now. And there's no point in talking to the big wig because they don't listen and things are not going to get changed. I can't believe the changes that have happened over the years. I'm just sour to the idea of Goodwill now. I used to feel part of a greater good supporting this organization, but because of the things I've seen and heard, I'm donating and shopping elsewhere.
ridiculous

Oak Hill, WV

#226 Mar 30, 2013
Saw it for myself at Lavalette store. An employee pushed a buggy of nice toys,straight to the entrance to the sales floor and straight into the hands of a waiting customer. She must have had this buggy full ready for her friend or relative.
Anything decent never makes it to floor in Lavalette. If you go there you will see. All thats on their shelves is pure garbage. The better stuff is saved for employees or their friends and family. Ive seen it several times at this store.
I quit taking stuff there. It no longer gets to the needy, instead the greedy.
RIDICULOUS
me too

Huntington, WV

#227 Mar 30, 2013
yea i saw that at west end recently some lady was talking to a customer .i overheard her tell another woman to wait cause she couldnt get it out of buggy and she told her which lady to look for and sure enuff the lady comes out and she she waited and got the list for this lady.
but i guess its every where.and they are so rude at that store.
Btw

Burnsville, WV

#228 Mar 30, 2013
Well some of the newest changes are that you can't shop out of buggies. I doubt an employee brought out a buggy and gave it to someone. And yes they will talk you that you cannot get in their buggy. It used to be really fun to go through the buggies and try to get a good deal. For my older self, it got my blood flowing.
Obama

Hurricane, WV

#229 Mar 30, 2013
It's Bush's Fault!
ridiculous

Huntington, WV

#230 Mar 30, 2013
Btw wrote:
Well some of the newest changes are that you can't shop out of buggies. I doubt an employee brought out a buggy and gave it to someone. And yes they will talk you that you cannot get in their buggy. It used to be really fun to go through the buggies and try to get a good deal. For my older self, it got my blood flowing.
You can "Doubt" all you want. I saw it with my own eyes. I.m not blind yet. The employee brought the buggy to the stockroom door, her hands left the handle, and the customers hands immediately went on the handle, and she proceeded through the store with her buggy of toys that noone else had a chance at.
All they ever have is junk on their shelves. The Better stuff NEVER makes it to floor. Before you respond to these facts which I have seen and told you about, go see for yourself.
Maybe if this is against their policy, then upper Mgmt. should test them, and take some nice donations out there, then see for themselves if it ever makes it to sales floor.
Also search for "plush" on ebay. Then choose the "nearest first" option. This seller always has several hundred plush items listed for sale. She also dont mind telling you that she has a couple people at a few Goodwills that saves her the nice "stuffed animals" and toys, on a daily basis.
knowsitstrue

Saint Albans, WV

#231 Apr 2, 2013
I hear ya I only give them my crap after I've done all I can on Craigslist.They are all thieves.especially Va Ave and Lavalette.when they give stuff to a customer it's so they can purchase it for them.They are not allowed to shop where they work, but their mom's and friends can, do every day. Think it's bad now? Give it a few more months,
OMG

Saint Albans, WV

#232 Jul 6, 2013
Have you heard how many changes are going down in those junk holes? I freakin can't wait to see some of those notches burn. Especially Barboursville and west end. Geeeeze
poop shute ruth

Huntington, WV

#233 Aug 19, 2013
ONLY IN AMERICA can you take your trash to goodwill and they will give you a tax receipt for it.
concerned

Huntington, WV

#234 Aug 19, 2013
OMG wrote:
Have you heard how many changes are going down in those junk holes? I freakin can't wait to see some of those notches burn. Especially Barboursville and west end. Geeeeze
What changes? I can't wait!
barbara wawa

Huntington, WV

#235 Oct 11, 2013
i miss the gw in bbville i dont go there anymore and neither do quite a few on my friends the prices just got so crazy we made a pack to take our business to the other goodwills and crazy thing is they used to be the most reasonable im sure they will miss our money.i wish they would do something about it i loved that store and i have saw alot of their customers shopping elsewhere. they all say the same thing they are just to high.they have sales on the clothes .but the wares are whats to high.
concerned

Huntington, WV

#236 Oct 12, 2013
barbara wawa wrote:
i miss the gw in bbville i dont go there anymore and neither do quite a few on my friends the prices just got so crazy we made a pack to take our business to the other goodwills and crazy thing is they used to be the most reasonable im sure they will miss our money.i wish they would do something about it i loved that store and i have saw alot of their customers shopping elsewhere. they all say the same thing they are just to high.they have sales on the clothes .but the wares are whats to high.
I agree the wares are crazy. Someone back there is not
Up to par. I have seen known dollar store items for several dollars more than where they came from. Some things with rediculous prices have been there for months. Someone needs to train the man back there how to price. If its the women I apologize, some one back there does not have a grip, jewelry is just plain over the top. Good luck on making your quotas on such high prices. I know corporate keeps you employees pricing high but stop and think if it Is worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith Stevens/Shane Ball 31 min Karma Police 2
WVU Beats Baylor, Fans Riot Like Ferguson MO 54 min sigh 17
Marshall University rises to #22 in the country 58 min sigh 49
Why are most WVU fans idiots? 1 hr Truth 56
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 1 hr Concerned_American 3,216
49 yr old male looking girl with daddy issues. 1 hr Dr Strange 4
Judy Berry 1 hr Dr Strange 6
Cops at Beards funeral home 2 hr Not a Kobe fan 18
Huntington Dating
Find my Match