Min wage for Jail Officers

Min wage for Jail Officers

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Lawdog

Proctorville, OH

#1 Feb 11, 2014
I see Western regional Jail has reduced overtime so Officers can get back to min wage. It looks like Walmart pays more ...
JuSt SaYiNg

Huntington, WV

#2 Feb 11, 2014
Lawdog wrote:
I see Western regional Jail has reduced overtime so Officers can get back to min wage. It looks like Walmart pays more ...
Don't like the pay, they can always go apply at WalMart or flip a burger somewhere.
mr mister

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Feb 11, 2014
JuSt SaYiNg wrote:
<quoted text>Don't like the pay, they can always go apply at WalMart or flip a burger somewhere.

Agreed. Or go to college.
lawdog

Proctorville, OH

#4 Feb 11, 2014
Yea you are correct ... pays more ... not as much crap to put up with
LowJack

Proctorville, OH

#5 Feb 11, 2014
Even with college degrees you're at the bottom with WV Corrections …. just the way West Virginia looks at their officers … where other states realizes what officers go though in there. The inmates would not take that crap dished out by inmates in there … and the State with their low pay expects people with degrees or not to put up with it for such low pay … go to Walmart and make some good money and less crap ..

Since: Dec 13

Huntington, WV

#6 Feb 11, 2014
c/os should be paid a lot more due to the type of people they deal with the lowest of the low.there is no lower life form they inmate
whist

Huntington, WV

#7 Feb 11, 2014
How much is the pay? Does the job have all the state benefits? Does one get all the holidays off? Sick days, vacation days? If pay is so bad why do people work there? Perhaps for the benefits , sometimes a jobs benefits are more valuable than the hourly pay.

I am sure you wont like walmart's benefit package, when looking for work one needs to pay more attention to the benefit package than the hourly pay. You might make an extra dollar on the hour pay check wise, benefit wise lose 3 or more.
fact

Hockessin, DE

#8 Feb 12, 2014
hale ozzy wrote:
c/os should be paid a lot more due to the type of people they deal with the lowest of the low.there is no lower life form they inmate
WOW you must be perfect and have a perfect family some people mess up but they are not they lowest for of life and who are you to judge this people (you must be one of the lazy c/os that are over paid and do nothing but goofs off and eats)
WellHung

Huntington, WV

#9 Feb 12, 2014
End the war on drugs and we wont need so many prison guards. Locking people up for having medicinal cannabis is a travesty.

Since: Dec 13

Huntington, WV

#10 Feb 12, 2014
fact wrote:
<quoted text>WOW you must be perfect and have a perfect family some people mess up but they are not they lowest for of life and who are you to judge this people (you must be one of the lazy c/os that are over paid and do nothing but goofs off and eats)
no i am not perfect but i am not out stealing, robbing, hurting people getting into drunken fights shooting people the inmates are the picture of true evil they made there choice to be evil by there actions . any one who deals with inmates is doing gods work to protect good from harm from evil.
m

United States

#11 Feb 13, 2014
Il
Scrambled Eggs

Chesapeake, VA

#12 Feb 13, 2014
hale ozzy wrote:
<quoted text>no i am not perfect but i am not out stealing, robbing, hurting people getting into drunken fights shooting people the inmates are the picture of true evil they made there choice to be evil by there actions . any one who deals with inmates is doing gods work to protect good from harm from evil.
Wow! Now this is deep.
fact

Hockessin, DE

#13 Feb 13, 2014
Most of the c/os are out of shaped want to be cops or are just out of high school and if you ever go to the regional you will see them outside horse playing or eating and don't forget smoking and people make mistakes all the time and we are not suppose to judge people. If the c/os where doing there jobs wouldn't these people be reformed ?
Just saying

Chesapeake, VA

#14 Feb 13, 2014
JuSt SaYiNg wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like the pay, they can always go apply at WalMart or flip a burger somewhere.
Those jailers deserve top pay for the job they are doing. Any time those jail guards are are watching your kids while they are in the slammer, taking food to them and making sure that your kids are cared for ,they deserve more than minunim wage.What you all failed to do at home, hopefully they will come out as good boys and girls. You parents should be thankful and want them to be better paid.
LowJack

Proctorville, OH

#15 Mar 6, 2014
m wrote:
Il
Agree with Ozzy …. If their families could see the real person they are while they're in jail …. "That's not my Johnny!" a family member would say .. WOW … They would disown them. Cameras are coming and maybe some of the BS the inmates do will be shown.. playing in their crap .. throwing it on Staff and Other Inmates … being the thugs they are and the reason they' re in Jail .. "Just Saying!" cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael johnson 11 min Prayers 15
Trump: time for Americans get off welfare and ... 13 min Racist towards or... 13
CNN and the Enquirer not allowed in WH Briefing 21 min Racist towards or... 6
Jockey Club 27 min Tony loggins 26
Deadly disease contracted at local Guyandotte VFW 29 min Truth 17
Youth Pastors Wife !! 31 min RWP 8
Where's the worst place you ever worked 39 min Papa dont knownuffin 63

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages