First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jonie

Huntington, WV

#42 Feb 10, 2014
Just curious, but what was this child doing in the street, and where was her parents? Don't know any of the people involved.
whist

United States

#43 Feb 10, 2014
jonie wrote:
Just curious, but what was this child doing in the street, and where was her parents? Don't know any of the people involved.
Most likely crossing the street, perhaps trying to get to the bus stop. Why would it even matter? Child was in Pedestrian walk way, Pedestrians have the right of way.
The only question important is why did she try so hard to get away, rather than stop and help or at least call the police.
Margaret Jarrard

Red House, WV

#44 Feb 26, 2014
It is amazing to me that people that know nothing about the case but what you have read or heard from TV. They are always so truthful. Where is innocent until proven guilty. That is what a police investigation and trial if for. Yes it was an awful crime if she was conscious that she hit the girl and ran. She says she had no idea she had hit the girl. Went to work acting normal. How could you do that if you had such tragedy just happen? Do not always believe witness and what they say they did. Some are compulsive liers and love the spotlight. I hope the police will be fair and investigate all so called witnesses. Maybe the girls walked out before paying attention. I do not know, but do not throw the young lady to the wolves. Channel 8 and Fox 11 has hounded this couple relentlessly. Shame on them. It is bad enough she is in the situation without being hounded by the news. I hope the young lady who was hit is on her way to recovery. This family on the opposite site is praying for you and your family along with their Church Family. No one wants any bad for this young girl or her family. Just don't make such stupid comments especially since you know nothing. Thank you
vampy

United States

#45 Feb 27, 2014
Margaret Jarrard wrote:
It is amazing to me that people that know nothing about the case but what you have read or heard from TV. They are always so truthful. Where is innocent until proven guilty. That is what a police investigation and trial if for. Yes it was an awful crime if she was conscious that she hit the girl and ran. She says she had no idea she had hit the girl. Went to work acting normal. How could you do that if you had such tragedy just happen? Do not always believe witness and what they say they did. Some are compulsive liers and love the spotlight. I hope the police will be fair and investigate all so called witnesses. Maybe the girls walked out before paying attention. I do not know, but do not throw the young lady to the wolves. Channel 8 and Fox 11 has hounded this couple relentlessly. Shame on them. It is bad enough she is in the situation without being hounded by the news. I hope the young lady who was hit is on her way to recovery. This family on the opposite site is praying for you and your family along with their Church Family. No one wants any bad for this young girl or her family. Just don't make such stupid comments especially since you know nothing. Thank you
Agreed you shouldn't make such comments, trying to blame everyone but Dear old Nancy. The woman is guilty it's as simple as that, she hit the child and speed off, those are the facts.
The other bs, like she didn't know she did, is just what her lawyer is going to use in court to try and defend her.
Hmm

Saint Albans, WV

#46 Feb 27, 2014
Have you seen the way kids act now-a-days? I've seen plenty of kids and adults just walk out in front of an oncoming car expecting people to just be able to stop instantly. They do it all the time on Hal Greer even at night !! So whos to say the little girl could have possibly walked out in front of the lady. Maybe she didnt even see the car coming. Not saying this is how it happened because I wasnt there, just saying we dont know the whole story.
vampy

United States

#47 Feb 27, 2014
Hmm wrote:
Have you seen the way kids act now-a-days? I've seen plenty of kids and adults just walk out in front of an oncoming car expecting people to just be able to stop instantly. They do it all the time on Hal Greer even at night !! So whos to say the little girl could have possibly walked out in front of the lady. Maybe she didnt even see the car coming. Not saying this is how it happened because I wasnt there, just saying we dont know the whole story.
Wouldn't make any difference, Nancy's crime is hit and run, the run part is important. Had she stopped then no crime, her speeding away leaving the child to die was the crime.
Hmm

Afton, VA

#48 Feb 27, 2014
True, good point

Huntington, WV

#49 Feb 27, 2014
Margaret Jarrard wrote:
She SHOULD be hounded by the news because she owes everyone an explanation for her behavior, not the least of whom is the CHILD she hit and could've killed and didn't care enough about to stop and check on. I've seen more regard for a dog hit by a car.
Loving mother

United States

#50 Mar 4, 2014
Well I hope she does get time because the girl she hit was my daughter and yea she is recovering but she is always in pain and can't do the stuff she always did she can't go to school and be with her friends she is a sweet girl and didn't deserve this and I understand accidents happen but then to leave the scene to leave my little girl on the side of the road not even knowing if she would make it I don't know how anyone could do that you would have to be a monster it is so sad
Mom

Huntington, WV

#51 Sep 11, 2014
What ever happened with this incident?
Aquited

Charleston, WV

#52 Sep 17, 2014
The girl and her family never showed for any court cases, so it was thrown out. Mathis was acquitted of the charges, over and done!
YEP

Huntington, WV

#53 Sep 18, 2014
We need to pray for this city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any ladies like to tongue mens harry buttholes 3 min lmao 19
Pretty nikole and kneegers 9 min ewww 18
Tat-Nice Tattoo Parlor (Aug '11) 12 min Mr trump 59
Democrats October Surprise 38 min pretty nikole 3
BLM says they are NOT voting for Hillary 39 min the card says moop 10
New beer cafe on 4th ave 59 min tom 10
Harriet Tubman on 20 dollar bill 1 hr pretty nikole 87

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance