|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

96 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except MC is a Douchey McDoucherson so we'll see how long it lasts before he runs these "top-notch" folks off.
....probably about 5minutes,tops!
cft member

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Disgusting wrote:
I don't know anything about this new place but can say I will never step foot in Crossfit Thunder ever again. Been there once watching a friend compete was one to many times. How this place hasn't been shut down by the health department or fire marshal is beyond me.
Explanation please? I've been a paying member for several years (which means I've been there a few more times than you) and have seen nothing to make your post valid?
Disgusting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

cft member wrote:
<quoted text>
Explanation please? I've been a paying member for several years (which means I've been there a few more times than you) and have seen nothing to make your post valid?
Wow a bit touchy are we. Ease up on the nutty cool-aid. Not sure where to start but ok. Exposed wiring hanging from the ceiling all over the gym. Broken ceiling tiles laying all over floor which were either mold covered or water damaged. The bathroom toilet had separated from the floor. Good thing they had a porty-potty, which was actually cleaner. You would think that when holding a state event and would have guests from allover you would at least make your gym(or box) presentable.
cft member

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Disgusting wrote:
<quoted text>Wow a bit touchy are we. Ease up on the nutty cool-aid. Not sure where to start but ok. Exposed wiring hanging from the ceiling all over the gym. Broken ceiling tiles laying all over floor which were either mold covered or water damaged. The bathroom toilet had separated from the floor. Good thing they had a porty-potty, which was actually cleaner. You would think that when holding a state event and would have guests from allover you would at least make your gym(or box) presentable.
Nope...I was there that day and most days and none of this is true. But congrats on trying to bring this box down while indirectly trying to promote the new one.
Disgusting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Judged:

On a bright note the chili the guy sold was delicious.
Jus Wondering

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>"Early" 2014 according to their website. 555 5th ave- the old WOWK TV studio
Can't locate their website, can you link it? Who owns it?
Wow

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Jus Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't locate their website, can you link it? Who owns it?
http://www.crossfithuntington.com
Just Wondering

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Wow wrote:
Thank you
truth x 2

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

"MC" is one of the nicest dudes I know and one of the biggest supporters of Marshall and Huntington there is. I can remember him raising money to pay for Johnny Goddard's funeral when his mom and dad couldn't afford it.

I don't know about Crssfit Thunder but I do know when I drive by there is looks like a complete joke.

Nobody and can afford YMCA trainers and 30-40 an hour while they text on there phones half the time,
1 post removed
Mark Campbell

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

I've never seen broken ceiling tiles on the floor at Thunder. I don't think Drew would let that happen. He's pretty staunch about safety.
truth

Beaver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

truth x 2 wrote:
"MC" is one of the nicest dudes I know and one of the biggest supporters of Marshall and Huntington there is. I can remember him raising money to pay for Johnny Goddard's funeral when his mom and dad couldn't afford it.
I don't know about Crssfit Thunder but I do know when I drive by there is looks like a complete joke.
Nobody and can afford YMCA trainers and 30-40 an hour while they text on there phones half the time,

If your at crossfit.how do you know what the y trainers are doing? Just curious.
Just Curious

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

truth wrote:
<quoted text>If your at crossfit.how do you know what the y trainers are doing? Just curious.
It stated he DIDN'T know about crossfit thunder, except when s/he drives by. It is ok to know people that drink the juice there. As s/he stated, they know someone with MC that goes there. I've been a member of the Y & Rec Center, trainers are by far better at the Rec, no phones, pleasant & they know how to motivate you.
truth

Beaver, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

I agree with the lack of motivation from the y trainers.they treat it like a job they hate.any good trainer loves there job.they don't seem to like been a trainer.so I agree in that aspect.
y trainer

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

truth wrote:
I agree with the lack of motivation from the y trainers.they treat it like a job they hate.any good trainer loves there job.they don't seem to like been a trainer.so I agree in that aspect.
As one of the y trainers, I would like to say I love my job. It's definitely a passion of mine. And I never have and never will text during a session with clients because they deserve my full attention.
mr mister

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

y trainer wrote:
<quoted text>As one of the y trainers, I would like to say I love my job. It's definitely a passion of mine. And I never have and never will text during a session with clients because they deserve my full attention.
Who cares where you go as long as you work out... Being healthy is the big picture. Both boxes will have their advantages as does the y and rec.
Mark Campbell

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Thank you mr mister. That's a good, quality reply and you are spot on. To each his own and different experiences for different people.
mr mister

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Mark Campbell wrote:
Thank you mr mister. That's a good, quality reply and you are spot on. To each his own and different experiences for different people.

You are welcome, sir.
Call them like I see them

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Losers Question Mark wrote:
The "losers" opening CrossFit Huntington are actually prominent Huntington professionals who are part of and involved with this community. Did you think maybe they are opening their own because that want to do it different or better?
The YMCA is great if that's for you but if you want personal training, guidance and motivation, then Crossfit works. Some people need that extra push and others just like it (or something more than treadmills and fluff). Try hiring a trainer at the Y and see what it costs you.
These Huntington people are bringing in top notch coaches with Masters Degrees and proven results. Give them some credit for trying to do it the right way. Try reading their site.
Mark, why don't you 'fess up and just sign your name to this

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Call them like I see them wrote:
<quoted text>Mark, why don't you 'fess up and just sign your name to this
Seriously.
getting physical

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

To those who complain, I went to thunder on a guest pass for a week , its a very intense work out and I'm in my mid 40's and trying to get in shape . Drew is a nice guy and has a good plan and they were professional and encouraging. My body could simply not take the intensity .I joined American Health Center and its worked out well I have improved in every aspect of getting in shape and I'm hoping to try thunder again in the spring . There is no miracle cure it just takes time and work and whoever and wherever you choose to work out don't mean crap unless you put in the time and the effort!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min fitness-guru 54,274
who got shot by hpd last night? 13 min responsible cracker 158
scandalous women of huntington 22 min Maria Daniels 24
East end thief's (Nov '13) 22 min Next door 1,414
morris bldg fire 31 min in the know 57
WVSP prostitution sting in Logan area results i... (Jun '13) 32 min mark 46
men in huntington that are unfaithful 33 min ceecee 7
Doctors behaving badly!!!!! 2 hr in the know 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs