Crossfit Huntington
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wow

Richmond, VA

#1 Nov 9, 2013
Is Huntington big enough to support 2 crossfit clubs? Crossfit Huntington will be opening in 2014.
hwilliams385

Ashland, KY

#2 Nov 11, 2013
When in 2014 and where at?
Claude

Huntington, WV

#3 Nov 11, 2013
I bets the losers from CFT won't get along with the losers from CFH
Wow

Richmond, VA

#4 Nov 11, 2013
hwilliams385 wrote:
When in 2014 and where at?
"Early" 2014 according to their website. 555 5th ave- the old WOWK TV studio
Arnold

Charleston, WV

#5 Nov 12, 2013
Who cares. Anyone who does Crossfit is a loser. Why pay over $100 for movements that you can do almost anywhere and let the owners and brainwashed clients pressure you into attending.
Htown

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 12, 2013
All the people that go to the Crossfit in Huntington (including the owner) are fat. Looks like it's really working.
me

Suitland, MD

#7 Nov 12, 2013
Htown wrote:
All the people that go to the Crossfit in Huntington (including the owner) are fat. Looks like it's really working.
Seriously?? How many times have you got off your couch and came check it out? There are many who are in great shape. It may not be for everyone but it is a very good, effective program!
Htown

Coraopolis, PA

#8 Nov 12, 2013
Don't need to come and check it out. I train at a gym where I get a well rounded workout.
Truth

Proctorville, OH

#9 Nov 12, 2013
Crossfit is for people who think it's cool to post pics on FB of them holding some stupid dumbbell or their bloody hands. Just another health fad. A dumb one, at that.
me

New Alexandria, PA

#10 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
Crossfit is for people who think it's cool to post pics on FB of them holding some stupid dumbbell or their bloody hands. Just another health fad. A dumb one, at that.
Crossfit has it's share if ppl who like to post all kinds of pics on fb just like any other gym who has those ppl who constantly takes selfies of themselves in the mirrors flexing. There are douches everywhere.
crazy

Latrobe, PA

#11 Nov 12, 2013
I just think its crazy to pay so much to workout.I would invest in the ymca .at least you get some variety for half the price.there is,alot of potential for injury with the crossfit style.
Why

Johnstown, PA

#12 Nov 16, 2013
Seriously, crossfit is a fad. I'm sure the workouts are good, but anytime you take weight training, and put yourself against a clock, you are asking for trouble. Forms get sloppy, knees and shoulders pay for it. Take your 100.00 mth and invest in the y or absolute. It's half the price. If you are wiling to pay 1200.00 per year to workout, you have more money than brains. Enjoy your shoulder replacement. I'll take the money I save to the Bahamas.
BigJimRambo

Huntington, WV

#13 Nov 16, 2013
Some of those girls who are addicted to crossfit used to be hot but have worked out so much they look like female bodybuilders. Big, bulging abs sticking out and sheit. It's gross. I like women who have nice slender smooth stomachs, not bigass muscles sticking out. GROSS.
Losers Question Mark

Huntington, WV

#14 Nov 24, 2013
The "losers" opening CrossFit Huntington are actually prominent Huntington professionals who are part of and involved with this community. Did you think maybe they are opening their own because that want to do it different or better?
The YMCA is great if that's for you but if you want personal training, guidance and motivation, then Crossfit works. Some people need that extra push and others just like it (or something more than treadmills and fluff). Try hiring a trainer at the Y and see what it costs you.
These Huntington people are bringing in top notch coaches with Masters Degrees and proven results. Give them some credit for trying to do it the right way. Try reading their site.
snap customer

Johnstown, PA

#15 Nov 24, 2013
Who's the owners?
MU Rec Center

Huntington, WV

#16 Nov 24, 2013
Losers Question Mark wrote:
The "losers" opening CrossFit Huntington are actually prominent Huntington professionals who are part of and involved with this community. Did you think maybe they are opening their own because that want to do it different or better?
The YMCA is great if that's for you but if you want personal training, guidance and motivation, then Crossfit works. Some people need that extra push and others just like it (or something more than treadmills and fluff). Try hiring a trainer at the Y and see what it costs you.
These Huntington people are bringing in top notch coaches with Masters Degrees and proven results. Give them some credit for trying to do it the right way. Try reading their site.
Go to the Rec Center, they have great PTs, affordable, the facility is very clean, friendly people, many instructional classes & new equipment.
butch

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Nov 24, 2013
How do I sign up for crossfit. Where?

United States

#18 Nov 24, 2013
Except MC is a Douchey McDoucherson so we'll see how long it lasts before he runs these "top-notch" folks off.
Disgusting

Daniels, WV

#19 Nov 25, 2013
I don't know anything about this new place but can say I will never step foot in Crossfit Thunder ever again. Been there once watching a friend compete was one to many times. How this place hasn't been shut down by the health department or fire marshal is beyond me.
truth

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Nov 25, 2013
I just don't understand crossfit.Its really looks dangerous to me.I get the same gains from lifting weights and doing cardio.no yanking or jerking around on my body.but that been said.If it works for you do it.However it is very over priced. You can get a membership to the y or rec center and have trainers that can guide and push you.you will also have the benefits of everything else they offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
texas shooting 5 min BillD 126
Big Sandy Arena getting a new GM. Who's it goin... 7 min Jail Bird 3
America Held Hostage Day 487 32 min Markhater 7
McDonalds Boycott 1 hr Big Bad Whitey 37
### Pray Today in May 22, 2018 ### 2 hr Anonymous 1
What happened to Bowinkle 2 hr Anonymous 9
Flower guy on Davis street 3 hr Hate thieves 1
Conservative? 5 hr gary 85

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance