Did Gino's steal Jim's spaghetti sauc...

Did Gino's steal Jim's spaghetti sauce recipe?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

Huntington, WV

#1 Sep 2, 2012
I was eating a Gino's homestyle spaghetti yesterday and I thought..wait a minute! This tastes just like Jim's! Did they steal their recipe?
1 post removed
Gino Grant

Ardsley, NY

#3 Sep 2, 2012
Nope. I just added sugar to Ragu.
PLEASE

Richmond, VA

#4 Sep 2, 2012
Kenny Grant is not a thief
LOGITECH

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2012
Why in the hell would Ginos want to steal that recipe ? High School spaghetti sauce is better than that garbage . Jims is without a doubt the most over rated place to eat in Huntington . Th only thing there worth eating is the fish . Its overpriced for one thing and they only take cash ? come on , its not the 50's anymore . I know its done for shady tax purposes but that hurts business .
Watcher

Ardsley, NY

#6 Sep 3, 2012
Tweel sold it

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, WV

#7 Sep 3, 2012
Wouldn't think so.
motellun

Ardsley, NY

#8 Sep 3, 2012
LOGITECH wrote:
Why in the hell would Ginos want to steal that recipe ? High School spaghetti sauce is better than that garbage . Jims is without a doubt the most over rated place to eat in Huntington . Th only thing there worth eating is the fish . Its overpriced for one thing and they only take cash ? come on , its not the 50's anymore . I know its done for shady tax purposes but that hurts business .

I've always!!!! Said its because they are doing something shady there. Pleat at fazolis before I eat at Jim's. The owner of Ginos is a good man , me & my wife eat there frequently. Not Jim's tho .
Waltzing Matilda

Decatur, GA

#9 Sep 3, 2012
No. Gino's didn't steal Jim's recipe. Gino's is actually GOOD.

Now, Mr. Grant did in fact rip off Subway with his old dba Subs and Salads. Subway sued. They settled. Thus the Gino's/Subway in the west end by Heiner's.
milton resident

Ardsley, NY

#10 Sep 3, 2012
jim's is like chef boyardee right out of the can
Massive9

Huntington, WV

#11 Sep 3, 2012
i've worked at Gino's......the sauce comes in a bag.....all is added is a few spices and sugar........
lol

Huntington, WV

#12 Sep 3, 2012
Jim's tastes like sh*t. The only reason it still exists is because, for some reason, some assh*les in this city want to act like it's f*cking 1953 or some shit when it isn't.
Gino's is pretty universally the f*cking bomb though.
no it dont

Huntington, WV

#13 Sep 4, 2012
the sauce dont not come in no bag they make the meat fresh u stupid prick
Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 4, 2012
Isn't Jims sauce brown and Gino's red?
motellun

Ardsley, NY

#15 Sep 4, 2012
milton resident wrote:
chef Boyardee I'd eat first
catdog

Huntington, WV

#16 Sep 4, 2012
Jim's sauce tastes like ketchup and sugar, it's disgusting! Gino's sauce however it delicious. I say that both as a customer and a former employee. And as many of you know if you have worked somewhere and you continue to eat there, it must be good. and clean! Why do people have to start stupid rumors like this? Can we not be proud of a successful business owner? Thank you Kenney for your wonderful food and service!
ThatOneDude

Huntington, WV

#17 Sep 4, 2012
Jim's sauce is actually more similiar to "Cincinnati Chili" than anything else. Some love it, many do not ..I'm a fan.

They do pull some shady book keeping though with the no credit cards and only hand written receipts. Profit margin on those $8-$10 plates of spaghetti has to be pretty incredible.
Just Saying

Huntington, WV

#18 Sep 4, 2012
curious wrote:
I was eating a Gino's homestyle spaghetti yesterday and I thought..wait a minute! This tastes just like Jim's! Did they steal their recipe?
Why would you ask that? Did the Gino's spaghetti taste like pus or ass?
Nottrue

Huntington, WV

#19 Sep 4, 2012
milton resident wrote:
Jim's sauce definately is not out of a can.... I doubt Kenny Grant stole the reciepe...
1 post removed
curios

Manakin Sabot, VA

#21 Sep 14, 2012
Dishes at Jim's have to be sandblasted to remove the sauce stain.

Level 2

Since: Mar 10

Barboursville, WV

#22 Sep 15, 2012
I have to agree that I would not understand why anyone would want to steal Jims spagetti sauce recipe. I give it to Jims, that they have made a good buisness on a very low quality sauce and thumbs up to them for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
coal producrion is up 31% in WV 23 min Liberal nonsense 22
for desendents of slaves in america 2 27 min Fitius T Bluster 111
Who beat up Cassie Wilburn at Washington Arms A... 1 hr Shaniqua Marbury 19
The old Huntington East High in 1988-1990 1 hr highlander fan 14
Huntington Area strip clubs 1 hr nip nip 5
West Virginia State Police 4 hr Tubby 50
Huntington is a trashy town 5 hr Squalortown 24

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance