Construction at Cabell-Huntington Hos...

Construction at Cabell-Huntington Hospital??

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Level 3

Since: Jan 12

Front Royal, VA

#1 Nov 6, 2013
Does anyone know what they are building at the rear of CHH? They have the road closed and heavy equipment there...looks like they are building on another addition?
really

Huntington, WV

#2 Nov 6, 2013
4 new surgical rooms. Two open at first with the others to open as needed.
justthefacts

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2013
It's gonna be a room for the patients that are more worried about smoking cigarettes than they worry about their health! That'll keep them off of Hal Greer Blvd. and not let visitors have to look at the dumbasses standing out front with their I.V attached, while wearing a gown!
Wondering

Huntington, WV

#4 Nov 7, 2013
CHH has money for construction & the directors/supervisors, but no money for the employees that keep the hospital running on a daily bases? I guess in 7 days we'll see if they can come up with some money for their employees.?.
RN2W

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2013
A new cancer wing.? No, the CEO HEADS to Cleveland for his care.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#6 Nov 7, 2013
They already built a cancer facility. Why would they be building another one?
Wondering

Huntington, WV

#7 Nov 7, 2013
RN2W wrote:
A new cancer wing.? No, the CEO HEADS to Cleveland for his care.
That really shows the confidence he has in the JCE Cancer Center?!?
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#8 Nov 7, 2013
Like nobody around here gets referred to Cleveland Clinic for specialty care.

Get over it.
Level 3

Front Royal, VA

#9 Nov 7, 2013
It seems that they are indeed building on additional operating rooms. I wonder what the ground floor will be though (the new OR rooms would be on the 2nd floor level I would assume because that is the floor that the current OR is on)?
Wondering

Huntington, WV

#10 Nov 7, 2013
Gosh wrote:
Like nobody around here gets referred to Cleveland Clinic for specialty care.

Get over it.
So what is Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center for? Those people that can't afford to be referred to Cleveland? Thought that was why Joan & Jim left all that money, do that people would not have to go elsewhere for their treatments. I'm sure the Drs at ECC are happy to know that he thinks there are better Drs for him.
RN2W

United States

#11 Nov 7, 2013
CHH is a house of cards
1 post removed
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#13 Nov 8, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center for? Those people that can't afford to be referred to Cleveland? Thought that was why Joan & Jim left all that money, do that people would not have to go elsewhere for their treatments. I'm sure the Drs. at ECC are happy to know that he thinks there are better Drs for him.
Drs. here REFER people to Cleveland. It isn't any secret. I suspect there are some things we don't handle as well here, or at all, as they do at Cleveland (or Anderson or Sloan-Kettering.

Get over it. Do your job.
1 post removed
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#15 Nov 8, 2013
What?
Wondering

Huntington, WV

#16 Nov 8, 2013
Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>Drs. here REFER people to Cleveland. It isn't any secret. I suspect there are some things we don't handle as well here, or at all, as they do at Cleveland (or Anderson or Sloan-Kettering.

Get over it. Do your job.
I do my job & I do it well. You must be up his a$$ as much as you defend him. He taking you to Key West in Jan.?
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#17 Nov 8, 2013
Why does anyone need to be defended for going to Cleveland Clinic?
chhemp

Hurricane, WV

#18 Nov 8, 2013
The CEO would have been very well taken care of at ECCC! He chose, not referred, to go elsewhere! Yes the construction is new OR rooms to satisfy DR. Oli! As for smoking, the entire campus is smoke free, you can smoke in your car because it's your own property. That's why the pts are across the street with IV's smoking! It is really sad to see!!
Level 3

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Nov 8, 2013
Is it going to be a two-story addition? What will be on the ground floor? The new OR rooms will be on the 2nd floor, correct?
chhemp

Hurricane, WV

#20 Nov 9, 2013
medstudent1 wrote:
Is it going to be a two-story addition? What will be on the ground floor? The new OR rooms will be on the 2nd floor, correct?
I'm not sure I'll ask and try to find out. I do know there is going to be a walkway going across the street from the second floor.
Level 3

Oak Hill, WV

#21 Nov 9, 2013
chhemp wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I'll ask and try to find out. I do know there is going to be a walkway going across the street from the second floor.
Thanks! That would be great to find out. You mean a walkway going across into the parking lot in the rear of the hospital or across Hal Greer Blvd?
Just Saying

Huntington, WV

#22 Nov 9, 2013
medstudent1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks! That would be great to find out. You mean a walkway going across into the parking lot in the rear of the hospital or across Hal Greer Blvd?
I doubt they are willing to build a walkway across HGB, that would cost a lot of money & they have always said, "they only do major construction only if it brings money into to hospital". That's why a parking garage gas not been built, it would not be profitable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travis cloniger 4 min Travis 7
Lola Rakes 35 min Really 11
Dem Covention 44 min MarkJ- 58
Judge Paul Ferrell Sr 1 hr Bob 5
Democrats October Surprise 1 hr Big kock 20
Blake Shelton says he likes Trump 1 hr TRUMP SUPPORTER 4
caught my 14 year old step son peeping at me (Aug '15) 2 hr Chris 17

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance