curious

Proctorville, OH

#1 Nov 14, 2011
Why does 97.1 fm and 97.9 fm play Christmas music 24 hours a day? It's way to early in the season and a few Christmas songs during the day would be plenty. Where do you find oldes now?
Insurance Fan

South Point, OH

#2 Nov 14, 2011
Went up to 98.? as sick of Christmas music this early! They say that fans love it but I doubt that it will last...
Santa

Huntington, WV

#3 Nov 14, 2011
I love it!!!
me

Columbiana, OH

#4 Nov 14, 2011
Ewwww it drives me nuts!
jms

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Nov 14, 2011
Went in lowes last weekend, the greeter was wearing a santa hat, I told him it's not even thanksgiving yet, wtf?
Hahaha

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 14, 2011
They have had that music going for almost 2 weeks now. It just isn't time.
Ashley Myers

Slippery Rock, PA

#7 Nov 14, 2011
I will admit I am a procrastinator and this year i didn't go buy my trick or treat candy til the night of but like I say it was the night of trick or treat and when i went in the store they were already taking down the Halloween things and putting up Christmas things...I was like a few of you other people I was thinking WTF, Halloween isnt even over, thanksgiving is still a month away and were already putting up christmas decor. Then it was on the news like nearly two weeks ago now that many Huntington residents already had their christmas lights up and burning already. What happened to celebrating Halloween, then thanksgiving, then Christmas. One of my friends works as a marketing director for a major retailer and she said it was because during these hard economic times the stores aren't making the money they usually do during this time of year so they are starting early trying to make up the difference and the money they are used to making but IDC what their reasons are it is still just too early. I had no idea some of the radio stations were part of the madness to though...they don't stand to gain anything so they are just doing it because they want to...that's even crazier! If we keep up at this rate pretty soon we won't have any holidays besides Christmas...Santa will be sitting in the mall taking Christmas wishes year round. Besides being overwhelming and annoying to start this early it's also kinda sad. This holiday is more about lights, food, and presents now then the real reason we should be celebrating.,,I am not real religious but even if you don't celebrate the birth of Christ and find that as the real meaning of Christmas the season should still mean more for spending time with family and not strictly about material things. Don't get me wrong i love the lights and the Christmas music, etc. But I love it for a month, not three! Whatever you think about the early Christmas madness..happy holidays everyone!

PS they really are celebrating year round practically, i almost forgot that several stores had a "Christmas in July" sale and "Black friday after the fourth" sale back in the summer!
Ashley Myers

Slippery Rock, PA

#8 Nov 14, 2011
Oh...one more thing...I already posted this on another thread but i want as many women to be warned as possible...my husband is a police officer and he has informed me about a new robbery style that has gotten bad in this area and is only getting worse the closer the holidays get. Always make sure you carry your purse on the shoulder closest to the parked cars and not on the side with approaching traffic because thieves are slowly driving up behind women that have their purse on the shoulder where traffic passes then someone either leans our the window or opens the door and grabs your purse (often knocking you down and causing the possibility of being run over by the back tires) and then speeding off before you even know what hit you. Most of the women that this has happened to didn't even know they were doing this, and their doing it all over the tri state, and if they had they probably wouldn't have even been a victim. So remember, always carry your purse on the side closest to parked cars, pay attention to traffic approaching you and if they are going too slow or seem even slightly suspicious then step in-between a couple parked cars and turn and face the approaching cars because they are much less likely to target women that are hard to reach without getting out of the car or ones they can't catch off guard. Also, if you have to leave valuables in the car (which I don't recommend if you don't absolutely have to) then take the time to lock them in the trunk, try to park near a well lit area if it is after dark and don't leave coats or blankets in view in the car either because thieves will break in thinking the coat covers something more valuable. If you are leaving a store at night, also, and there is anything suspicious around your car or someone just standing around near by then immediately turn around and go back in the store and get someone from the store or a security guard to walk you out because a lot of thieves are attacking women as they get near their car and stealing their packages and purses and their gone before you can get help. Remember to be vigilant and observant of your surroundings at all time and don't become a victim. It's sad we live in a time when crimes like this happen but they do and the more aware of their tactics everyone is the harder it is for them to succeed in their crimes. Hope you find this informative and helpful everyone and hope you all have happy holidays no matter what you celebrate.
packin heat

Proctorville, OH

#9 Nov 15, 2011
Ashley Myers wrote:
Oh...one more thing...I already posted this on another thread but i want as many women to be warned as possible...my husband is a police officer and he has informed me about a new robbery style that has gotten bad in this area and is only getting worse the closer the holidays get. Always make sure you carry your purse on the shoulder closest to the parked cars and not on the side with approaching traffic because thieves are slowly driving up behind women that have their purse on the shoulder where traffic passes then someone either leans our the window or opens the door and grabs your purse (often knocking you down and causing the possibility of being run over by the back tires) and then speeding off before you even know what hit you. Most of the women that this has happened to didn't even know they were doing this, and their doing it all over the tri state, and if they had they probably wouldn't have even been a victim. So remember, always carry your purse on the side closest to parked cars, pay attention to traffic approaching you and if they are going too slow or seem even slightly suspicious then step in-between a couple parked cars and turn and face the approaching cars because they are much less likely to target women that are hard to reach without getting out of the car or ones they can't catch off guard. Also, if you have to leave valuables in the car (which I don't recommend if you don't absolutely have to) then take the time to lock them in the trunk, try to park near a well lit area if it is after dark and don't leave coats or blankets in view in the car either because thieves will break in thinking the coat covers something more valuable. If you are leaving a store at night, also, and there is anything suspicious around your car or someone just standing around near by then immediately turn around and go back in the store and get someone from the store or a security guard to walk you out because a lot of thieves are attacking women as they get near their car and stealing their packages and purses and their gone before you can get help. Remember to be vigilant and observant of your surroundings at all time and don't become a victim. It's sad we live in a time when crimes like this happen but they do and the more aware of their tactics everyone is the harder it is for them to succeed in their crimes. Hope you find this informative and helpful everyone and hope you all have happy holidays no matter what you celebrate.
I have a conceal and carry permit in Ohio. I carry a 380. with a full clip and one in the chamber at all times. I DO NOT carry it in my purse but keep in in my coat pocket. Here's my question. If I pull my weapon and unload it into the car that has just stolen my purse do I go to JAIL? I could make those sorry bastards regret robbing me but don't want to serve time in JAIL.
justathought

New York, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2011
Ashley Myers wrote:
It's nice to see someone on here who actually cares and is trying to warn people.
forreal

Summersville, WV

#11 Nov 15, 2011
Ashley Myers wrote:
Thank you
Ashley Myers

Slippery Rock, PA

#12 Nov 16, 2011
packin heat wrote:
<quoted text> I have a conceal and carry permit in Ohio. I carry a 380. with a full clip and one in the chamber at all times. I DO NOT carry it in my purse but keep in in my coat pocket. Here's my question. If I pull my weapon and unload it into the car that has just stolen my purse do I go to JAIL? I could make those sorry bastards regret robbing me but don't want to serve time in JAIL.
I am not sure about the laws in OH but in WV yeah that would be illegal...unfortunately....you have to be in reasonable fear for your life to use possibly deadly force....I commend you for having your concealed though as long as you use it sensibly ie. Only to protect yourself or someone else from imminent deadly danger....I personally think everyone should carry a gun...these thieves would think a long time before going in somewhere and pulling a gun if they knew everyone inside was going to pull one also and aim it back at them! If I made the laws they would be a lot tougher and a lot more victim focused and protect the law abiding citizens and not the law breaking citizens but unfortunately we live in q world and time where being a criminal actually does pay a lot of the time. This is why I hope everyone passes my previous message about the drive by muggings on to everyone they know...I may not be able to punish them how I like but if I can make just one of their potential victims more careful and aware so that they are unable to get by with robbing them then that's at least one score for the good guys! You all that thanked me for the info, you are welcome...stay safe everyone and Ill try to post some more popular scams being used a lot on here later when I have more time...it's scary how many crime schemes go on that the public never hears about that could actually be prevented if they were more publicized.

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

United States

#13 Nov 16, 2011
I was going to say the same thing...just carry a gun...and not in your purse. Anyone who tries this sorta thing with me gets a .40 cal to the face. That should stop it quickly enough. If everyone did this, it wouldn't be an issue. 1
Connie

Proctorville, OH

#14 Nov 16, 2011
Ashley Myers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure about the laws in OH but in WV yeah that would be illegal...unfortunately....you have to be in reasonable fear for your life to use possibly deadly force....I commend you for having your concealed though as long as you use it sensibly ie. Only to protect yourself or someone else from imminent deadly danger....I personally think everyone should carry a gun...these thieves would think a long time before going in somewhere and pulling a gun if they knew everyone inside was going to pull one also and aim it back at them! If I made the laws they would be a lot tougher and a lot more victim focused and protect the law abiding citizens and not the law breaking citizens but unfortunately we live in q world and time where being a criminal actually does pay a lot of the time. This is why I hope everyone passes my previous message about the drive by muggings on to everyone they know...I may not be able to punish them how I like but if I can make just one of their potential victims more careful and aware so that they are unable to get by with robbing them then that's at least one score for the good guys! You all that thanked me for the info, you are welcome...stay safe everyone and Ill try to post some more popular scams being used a lot on here later when I have more time...it's scary how many crime schemes go on that the public never hears about that could actually be prevented if they were more publicized.
Carry a gun legally. Trained on how to use it. Some doper grabs my purse containg my money, bank cards, credit cards, my identity, my address, etc. and I am ARRESTED if I shoot this loser. The crooks have all the rights and law abidding citizens have to put up with this crap. I go to prison if I shoot protecting my property. NOT RIGHT.

“Loyal to my roots”

Level 5

Since: Sep 11

Guyandotte of Huntington, WV

#15 Nov 16, 2011
I LOVE the Christmas music and would listen to it all year around. It makes me smile and think happy thoughts.:) My favorite is "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire".
Ashley Myers

Slippery Rock, PA

#16 Nov 16, 2011
Connie wrote:
<quoted text> Carry a gun legally. Trained on how to use it. Some doper grabs my purse containg my money, bank cards, credit cards, my identity, my address, etc. and I am ARRESTED if I shoot this loser. The crooks have all the rights and law abidding citizens have to put up with this crap. I go to prison if I shoot protecting my property. NOT RIGHT.
Exactly what i said previously...the laws now a days give more protection to the criminal instead of the victim. It's just like the Miranda law...in today's age 99% of the people out there can recite the Miranda rights (you are under arrest, you have the right to remain silent, if you give up that right what you say can and will be used against you in a court of law....etc. For anyone that actually doesn't know what i am referring to) because they are over used in nearly every television show out there but a person can get by with murder, literally, if the cop accidentally forgets to say the Miranda warning the second the person is in custody. Seriously, if a cop forgets to tell the criminal the second they are under arrest the entire Miranda warning and they collect information crucial to proving the criminals guilt and the criminals lawyer finds out then they can get all the evidence collected after the point of arrest (including an outright confession) thrown out and made inadmissible and therefore unable to be used to help in prosecution. NOW THATS RIDICULOUS! So yes if you shoot someone during the course of a mugging and the criminal doesn't have a weapon or trying to injure you in some way to steal the purse or even if there can just be any sort of doubt about the fact you should have reasonably been in fear of your life and you shoot at that person then you could end up in jail, don't get me wrong, not defending this just stating facts because believe me i think that's BS also. If something like that we to ever happen and you do shoot at them make sure when the cops interview you that you make it clear you thought they had a weapon aimed at you or something else that would make someone fear for their life and it may save you. Technically the criminal doesn't have to have a weapon you just have to be convincing that you honestly believed they did and then it can be considered self defense...no guarantee that would work but it would be your best bet. It's so easy for people to get by with Crimes now that like i said before it actually pays some people to be a criminal now a days and thats why this country is going to hell in a hand basket! Ladies just remember safety tips, stay vigilant and observant of your surroundings and other people and hopefully you will never be in q situation where your life or your belongings are ever at risk to begin with. Happy holidays ladies!

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Huntington, WV

#17 Nov 16, 2011
Since I usually avoid it I don't have much to stay about it. It usually gets me in the christmas mood to soon then I have a so-so holiday season.
buddy the elf

Pataskala, OH

#18 Nov 17, 2011
I love it!! Try not to get so worked up about it, or I will take your purse.
Melissa

Bronx, NY

#19 Dec 8, 2012
I love the Christmas music. Probably shouldn't start til after thanksgiving though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min Mgtn Res 58,032
Special Metals - New Management in the works? 25 min New Yorker 86
whiskey rocks shooting 27 min 2309htr 24
herd football 2014 29 min mountain man 217
wives beware of your bi closet husbands. Huntin... (Jan '14) 31 min Lol 17
Dollar bill (Apr '10) 38 min Christy 38
what the HELL is going on at Smmc 1 hr anon 35
David Benton-WCHS reporter (Jan '12) 18 hr handsome 94
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••