First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Frogger

Little Valley, NY

#1 May 2, 2011
I went to Sweet Confections this weekend to get a birthday cake. They did a black ops cake . It tasted good and looked great. I was very pleased. They were able to put bodies cards and blood(red syrup) on the cake. I was very pleased. I just wanted to pass the word around. We defiantly want to keep a bakery that can specialize in whatever someone wants.
1 post removed
Fake

Huntington, WV

#3 Mar 18, 2012
Fake.
true

Elizabeth, NJ

#4 Mar 18, 2012
They are very good and Paula Vega cakes for the downtown ppl ate very good also.... Love them both
SJD

Pickerington, OH

#5 Mar 18, 2012
I looked at their pics on Facebook and honestly when they write on a cake it is always crooked and looks like a child wrote it. The characters they make out of molding chocolate look jacked up too. If you can't make it look right, just don't do it! I considered them catering and making my wedding cake but the work just looks mediocre.
i agree

West Salem, OH

#6 Mar 18, 2012
Fake.
not a fan

Huntington, WV

#7 Mar 18, 2012
Ive had there catering....Not the best in the world...
SJD

Pickerington, OH

#8 Mar 18, 2012
The food sounds good but the cake work is what has me concerned. There aren't many choices in Huntington though =/
Not a fan

Huntington, WV

#9 Mar 18, 2012
Sadly not,I really wanted to like them. I'm all about supporting the local places,But it was just what i was hoping it was. There cupcakes are great for the most part,When you can get them fresh. Tho after looking at there cakes...They just look like they don't even care about them.
SJD

Pickerington, OH

#10 Mar 18, 2012
I thought the same thing! I was honestly like is this for real when I saw the pics. I think I saw a pic of the above mentioned cake on Facebook and I think I could have made it look better in my kitchen. Do you know of any other catering companies or who makes good cakes around the Huntington area?
J-Byrd

Hurricane, WV

#11 Mar 19, 2012
Their brownies and cake kinda taste like crap.
Layla

New York, NY

#12 Mar 19, 2012
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is disappointed with this place. I've had their cupcakes & they were so so. Nothing to ever try again. Last week, I stopped by to try their cookies. I believe I bought a dozen for 7$. They all taste the same! Bland. Even the chocolate orange madeleine just tasted like plain flour, hardly sweet at all. No orange flavor, no chocolate flavor.
I'll give them one more chance if someone tells me what I should order. Is there anything GOOD there?
mr baker

Charleston, WV

#13 Mar 19, 2012
They make a fromunda cheese ball that's outta this world!
idontknow

Huntington, WV

#14 Mar 20, 2012
Layla wrote:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is disappointed with this place. I've had their cupcakes & they were so so. Nothing to ever try again. Last week, I stopped by to try their cookies. I believe I bought a dozen for 7$. They all taste the same! Bland. Even the chocolate orange madeleine just tasted like plain flour, hardly sweet at all. No orange flavor, no chocolate flavor.
I'll give them one more chance if someone tells me what I should order. Is there anything GOOD there?
Try the fudge. I don't know how it is these days but a few years ago the fudge was pretty good.
lol

Huntington, WV

#15 Mar 20, 2012
have you SEEN the people that work back there? Filthy people, ones name is josh francis, have you seen him? ew.
Trolls

Charleston, WV

#16 Mar 21, 2012
I have never seen such a gathering of trolls since I went to Mordor.
Place is Wonderful

Charleston, WV

#17 Mar 21, 2012
They did my wedding and catering job. They are awsome. YOu all must not have taste. And Josh Francis is one hot dude. So get a grip
Haha

Huntington, WV

#18 Mar 21, 2012
Place is Wonderful wrote:
They did my wedding and catering job. They are awsome. YOu all must not have taste. And Josh Francis is one hot dude. So get a grip
Hot? Surely you are daft. You must have horrid taste.
blass

United States

#19 Mar 21, 2012
i love the net. People can talk crap and not get noticed. From the way you are acting it seems like you are some tart that he got done with and left. TROLLLLLLLL
Haha

Charleston, WV

#20 Mar 22, 2012
Your right blass. I am just a ugly dumb Wh-ore. BTW my name is April if you a easy lay as in easy I mean a nickle BJ hit me up. Yours Truely, Silly Wh-ore.
Real funny

Huntington, WV

#21 Mar 26, 2012
The owner does not seem to have a clue how to bake. I have tried talking to her more then once about a few things and she seems to know nothing(Tho she try's to fake it". If you go to there face book and look at there faces they all look rushed and just bad. I really tried to give this place a chance but so far almost every thing Ive had/seen there has been bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Hale(porcelain doll) 9 min baitedstorm 1
Huntington area cheapskates 25 min Bag hahaha 22
Fun 26 min Nate 3
Baltimore Street drugs 35 min 701 30th street 411
Taco Bell by Walmart 44 min upchuck 7
Hillview dr.,and the dope dealers 1 hr cpd 20
"Erica" 1 hr baitedstorm 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance