Do i have to join the union if i want to work at kroger

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BOB

Wharton, WV

#1 Jun 22, 2013
I applied at the 5th ave Kroger a week or two ago and i was told i had to join the union or i couldn't work there. I was also told by my friend who is a legal annalist that i didn't have to join the union and that they cant force me to.
1 post removed
jennie

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2013
I worked there don't work there the hrs are crappy and they tryed to make join the union
fat man in the party van

Huntington, WV

#4 Jun 23, 2013
BOB wrote:
I applied at the 5th ave Kroger a week or two ago and i was told i had to join the union or i couldn't work there. I was also told by my friend who is a legal annalist that i didn't have to join the union and that they cant force me to.
maybe you should do a little research and see what the union is and does
Breakfast Eater

Clarksburg, IN

#5 Jun 24, 2013
Most unions are secretly gay clubs.
dred romine

Huntington, WV

#6 Jun 24, 2013
you have to blow the union bosses any time they want you to or else!
SNIPE

Wharton, WV

#7 Jun 25, 2013
No they lied to you, they have been telling high school and university students that so they can rob them of a few extra $$$$$$$. They cannot make you do anything its a law.
SNIPE

Wharton, WV

#8 Jun 25, 2013
dred romine wrote:
you have to blow the union bosses any time they want you to or else!
Well from what i have heard from that place their union steward is a homo
1 post removed
fat man in the party van

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 26, 2013
SNIPE wrote:
No they lied to you, they have been telling high school and university students that so they can rob them of a few extra $$$$$$$. They cannot make you do anything its a law.
Ur wrong snipe.....to work in a union shop in wv you do have to join the union....only right to work states do you not....like Virginia and North Carolina (who have much lower wages)
Give me yo money

Hurricane, WV

#11 Jun 26, 2013
Unions do nothing but take members hard earned money.
fat man in the party van

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jun 26, 2013
Give me yo money wrote:
Unions do nothing but take members hard earned money.
Yea....that's why a union tradesman makes 200% what non union does
Army Chick

Lavalette, WV

#13 Jun 26, 2013
fat man in the party van wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, me again.

Where is your proof. Please cite your evidence of this and I will gladly become pro-union.
really

Overland Park, KS

#14 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
. I agree with you fatman...we have great wages and also great great insurance(health, dental, prescriptions, and eye). Pensions, annunities.......many times the benefits pyramid. Hell yea...... and proud of it.
fat man in the party van

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 26, 2013
Army Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, me again.

Where is your proof. Please cite your evidence of this and I will gladly become pro-union.
Call and ask a non union plumbing or electrical shop what there wage is with 5 yrs experience....then call a union contractor and ask them....
fat man in the party van

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jun 26, 2013
Army Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, me again.

Actually if u give me another way to make contact with you ill send you a picture of my paystubs from then and now
1 post removed
Kroger Employee

Huntington, WV

#18 Jun 26, 2013
As an Employee of Kroger's....I would like to respond to this. The only people that are exempt from joining the Union are people under the age of 18. When you are hired in the Company, you have a 45 day probation period where you have to prove whether or not you want the job but most importantly if the managers want you to work for them. After your 45 days are up, you are told to pay Union Dues which are 9 dollars each paycheck. However I can tell you that with my own experience as far as some issues that have come up with certain supervisors....the Union has helped me out on several occasions. I hope this answers your question that you have. Take care and God bless
fat man in the party van

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jun 26, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>No proof or link to anything legit. Your bluff got called and you folded lol.
Yea bob....cuz most employers put their wages out on their website....
xxnitemommyxx

Tempe, AZ

#20 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Yea bob....cuz most employers put their wages out on their website....
actually it is not that hard to find published information, lest it is not what you claim. 200% more? come on bro get real.
xxnitemommyxx

Tempe, AZ

#21 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
lies.
fat man in the party van

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Jun 26, 2013
xxnitemommyxx wrote:
<quoted text>actually it is not that hard to find published information, lest it is not what you claim. 200% more? come on bro get real.
Alright well I'm just a union construction worker....I don't know where to find other people's wages at on the Internet.....I know I made 13.00 non union and I make 38 now
fat man in the party van

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Jun 26, 2013
Maybe someone is familiar with "prevailing wage" here's a fact...prevailing wage for construction wages is based off of the union wage for the area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The return of Tom McCallister to council has st... 18 min cannot be true 2
HHS and CMHS should ban YOGA PANTS now 1 hr Resident Doe 1
white guy likes black girls 2 hr smile 7
Aaron Searls shoots again 4 hr Funny 15
Brittany Beckelheimer and Tosha 5 hr mommies of the year 16
Do you have a Facebook? 5 hr yes 9
White and Hung 5 hr Mustache 2
Worst boss in Huntington (Mar '11) 22 hr cheermom 332
Huntington Dating

more search filters