desperate need of help for kids chris...

desperate need of help for kids christmas

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
So stressed

Springfield, NJ

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Let me start by saying I'm by far the type person I ever thought would be doing this.

I'll make it short and sweet. I'm a single mother and was expecting a lump sum of money and hadn't yet bought even 1 gift for any of my young children. I was expecting the money early this week only to find i wont b receieving it until after the first of the year. They have absolutely nothing under the tree and I have no way of putting n e thing under there for them.

Does anyone know of any agencies or organizations that cld possibly help me? I have nobody at all to go to and ask for help. And I'd go without; I've learned to I don't care. As long as the kids have. Please leave post with n e helpful info. Thanks.
meee

Huntington, WV

#2 Dec 19, 2012
So stressed wrote:
Let me start by saying I'm by far the type person I ever thought would be doing this.

I'll make it short and sweet. I'm a single mother and was expecting a lump sum of money and hadn't yet bought even 1 gift for any of my young children. I was expecting the money early this week only to find i wont b receieving it until after the first of the year. They have absolutely nothing under the tree and I have no way of putting n e thing under there for them.

Does anyone know of any agencies or organizations that cld possibly help me? I have nobody at all to go to and ask for help. And I'd go without; I've learned to I don't care. As long as the kids have. Please leave post with n e helpful info. Thanks.
This is not the place to ask for help all ur gonna get on here is bashings seriously. Try Craigslist.
So stressed

Springfield, NJ

#3 Dec 19, 2012
meee wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the place to ask for help all ur gonna get on here is bashings seriously. Try Craigslist.
Ok thanks
Hope this helps

Huntington, WV

#4 Dec 19, 2012
So stressed wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok thanks
Call information and referral at the cabell co library they may be able to give you names of churches or agencies. Good luck Merry Christmas!
So Stressed

Springfield, NJ

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Hope this helps wrote:
<quoted text>
Call information and referral at the cabell co library they may be able to give you names of churches or agencies. Good luck Merry Christmas!
Thank u for the info and merry Christmas to u too
ready2play

Richmond, VA

#6 Dec 20, 2012
What's your email? could I contact you privately?
So stressed

Springfield, NJ

#7 Dec 20, 2012
ready2play wrote:
What's your email? could I contact you privately?
my email address is anonymous2@ymail.com
Help

Ardsley, NY

#8 Dec 20, 2012
Contact the counselor at your children's school. They are always good at helping to make sure students have a good Christmas.
hmj

Wexford, PA

#9 Dec 20, 2012
What are the kids ages ?
info

Huntington, WV

#10 Dec 20, 2012
What are the kids ages and what kida gifts would they like?
So stressed

Ardsley, NY

#11 Dec 20, 2012
hmj wrote:
What are the kids ages ?
11 f, 10 m, & 8 f
My email is anonymous2@ymail.com
Santa with strings

Springfield, NJ

#12 Dec 20, 2012
How desperate are you?
So stressed

Ardsley, NY

#13 Dec 20, 2012
Santa with strings wrote:
How desperate are you?
I don't have not the first gift for any of the them yet :(
hello

United States

#14 Dec 20, 2012
So, why didn't you meet the person at work today who was TRYING to help you? They did, understandably tell you they were happy to help, but if it was a scam they'd press charges. So you never showed up. Everyone beware ...it seems as if we have another holiday scam artist!
johnny

Huntington, WV

#15 Dec 20, 2012
So stressed wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have not the first gift for any of the them yet :(
What are you willing to do for it?
aggravated

United States

#16 Dec 20, 2012
Ya know, this really ticks me off! I wasnt able to buy much Christmas for my kids. I spent $20 a piece on all 4 of them. My husband got laid off and I am still recovering from an injury that disabled me. I have explained to my kids what Christmas is truely about and you get people on here like you who try to take advantage of peoples kindness to suit ur own dang needs! Lady, you got some nerve! And just as a side note, I am not asking for help nor would I accept it! My kids will be perfectly fine knowing that their mommy and daddy loves them! Thats what Christmas truly is!
people amaze me

United States

#17 Dec 20, 2012
Did some comments get deleted? Someone offered to help and this person didn't show!? Ungrateful user!!
wow

United States

#18 Dec 20, 2012
Yep. That's a damn shame too, especially when it's the holidaysand people who truly wanna help a family in need. Then you've got these a$$h0les who take advantage of people's kindness. I was going to help you too, but since you knew you were scamming you disappeared. You should be so very ashamed of yourself. And yes, I noticed certain posts were deleted as well. I don't know how people like you sleep at night.
Santa

Huntington, WV

#19 Dec 20, 2012
I was the guy willing to help her today. I am a father of 3 and I felt sorry for her. I bought my wife and kids all kinds of crap for Christmas, and I still have some money saved up. I guess she did not want to come to my work at the police department today?
I truly do need help

United States

#20 Dec 20, 2012
I am a very private person and I dont know much about computers so if anyone wants to contact me after this (privately that is) will have to explain to me how to give my number without telling the world or how and where to set up email for free but anyway...
My husband lost his job back in the spring. He has a new job now but he took a major pay cut and we were in major debt from the months he went without work. We don't even have a Christmas tree. And to make things even better, unlike the woman that got offended someone would ask for help because she didn't and just explained to her kids why they aren't getting much for Christmas, that is not an option for me. My son is 3 yrs old to begin with and then he is special needs so there is no way to explain to him why there isnt any lights or a tree (his favorites part because he is legally blind so they are easier for him to see and he loves them) or presents. Because of his disabilities he can't even sit up on his own or unwrap presents by himself and toys have to be for younger children anywhere from 3 months to 1 maybe 2 years as long as the toy can't hurt him seriously, mainly uses buttons (particularly big ones) and anything that lights up or makes noise and shiny things or items with heavily contrasting colors. He's been through so much already and facing another surgery as soon as we come up with the money to go to Cincinnati or Columbus children's hospitals or. Shriners in Lexington. I was too full of pride to ask for help before n kept thinking we'd find the money for a few things and now I am nearly out of time and every charity I've contacted has told me I am too late, have no family to ask,and have no clue where to turn. Please give me some advice on anyone/place that could still find him a couple toys. He has a hard enough life as it is and I really don't know how I am gonna handle him not having anything to open. Thanks for your time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 493 2 hr Captain Obvious 8
Trump delivers commencement at Navy Graduation 3 hr MarkJ- 3
Trump's Twitter Melt Down 5/20/18 4 hr Steve 37
Cute little caesars guy 4 hr Scott 8
Alternative for Craigslist personals 4 hr Scott 6
Need a male friend (Nov '15) 4 hr Scott 5
Lara Lawson fired from Recovery Point 5 hr the daily indepen... 11

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages