Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Animal Lover

Thomas, WV

#1 Jul 11, 2013
This shelter has done nothing but run itself in the ground... wait... let me rephrase that, JIM CUMM is running the shelter into the ground. These animals are being put down with bee bee guns because he does not have the license to euthanize humanely. Please people, go save a life from these people before its too late! They definitely do not have a whole lot of time. I know what goes on behind closed doors and its finally time for the truth to come out. There's no need to hide this from the public anymore. We all need to step in an help get these dogs and cats a home so Mr. Cumm will not be responsible for them any longer. It sickens me knowing that I can not do this alone.
Anon

Huntington, WV

#2 Jul 11, 2013
Animal Lover wrote:
This shelter has done nothing but run itself in the ground... wait... let me rephrase that, JIM CUMM is running the shelter into the ground. These animals are being put down with bee bee guns because he does not have the license to euthanize humanely. Please people, go save a life from these people before its too late! They definitely do not have a whole lot of time. I know what goes on behind closed doors and its finally time for the truth to come out. There's no need to hide this from the public anymore. We all need to step in an help get these dogs and cats a home so Mr. Cumm will not be responsible for them any longer. It sickens me knowing that I can not do this alone.
If this were true, why would you post it on Topix? Why wouldn't you take proof of your allegations & alert the police of his actions? I'd like to see proof as well. It seems to me like the shelter is doing quite well these days with all the new upgrades, and their Facebook page keeps me up to date on community events they've had & all the pets available. Seems to me like you've got a personal issue.
granny

Huntington, WV

#3 Jul 11, 2013
if you are worried go to the police
Animal Lover

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Jul 11, 2013
They already told me there is nothing they can do....so NOW WHAT???

and to Anon, why are you so worried about seeing proof? No one will do a single thing!!
1 post removed
rescuer

Ashland, KY

#6 Jul 11, 2013
Animal Lover wrote:
The HCW animal shelter, tried to kill a little puppy and then threw it in a garbage bag, when the trash men started to throw the bag in the truck to be smashed they noticed the puppy was still alive. They killed 75% of their animals because of a distemper outbreak. They must not be vaccinating the dogs to save money. You can read about this on wsaz.com .
lol

Charleston, WV

#7 Jul 11, 2013
Animal Lover wrote:
They already told me there is nothing they can do....so NOW WHAT???
and to Anon, why are you so worried about seeing proof? No one will do a single thing!!
It's funny that you actually think people will believe a damned word you say.
Lady in Red

Crozet, VA

#8 Jul 11, 2013
oh dear god, if you know that call the state police and report them. If you can get video of it. The lord is calling you to do the right thing here, I pay, you will not let him down!
1 post removed
Lady in Red

Crozet, VA

#10 Jul 11, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite troll. Hows it going trailer park trixie?
Not bad at all, my arias to the food stamp fortune.
Lady in Red

Crozet, VA

#11 Jul 11, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite troll. Hows it going trailer park trixie?
you demon. you will never know god's love
1 post removed
lol

Charleston, WV

#13 Jul 11, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll never know the Easter Bunny's love either. Lots of things that don't exist will never love me.
Like a wife, or children that share some of your chromosomes.
i know

Branchland, WV

#14 Jul 11, 2013
I also think the shelter leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think they follow fair practices. My personal experiences there lately have been quite negative.
actually

Charleston, WV

#15 Jul 11, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If this were true, why would you post it on Topix? Why wouldn't you take proof of your allegations & alert the police of his actions? I'd like to see proof as well. It seems to me like the shelter is doing quite well these days with all the new upgrades, and their Facebook page keeps me up to date on community events they've had & all the pets available. Seems to me like you've got a personal issue.
This person actually has an idea of what they're talking about. Do you have ANY idea of how many people have tried and tried to get that shelter in trouble for the things that they do? I mean, there HAS been proof to back up quite a few disturbing accusations. SO many people know what goes on there and have reported it. The news stations even went down there a few times. Nothing ever, ever comes out of it because Jim is friends with the mayor, Chris Tatum (not to mention Tatum has a family member working at the shelter), Nancy Cartmill, and any other city officials. Everyone believes Jim is such a fantastic guy and it all continues to get looked over. It doesn't matter if every single person in huntington complained, we would have the same outcome. Our community is full with people who love animals, problem is, the people 'above' us don't care like we do.
1 post removed
lol

Charleston, WV

#17 Jul 11, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be blowing truckers in a rest area somewhere?
I have no desire to find your kids' real daddy.
granny

Huntington, WV

#18 Jul 11, 2013
Actually you have god points I think you must really know what is going on in there. I know what you are saying is a fact.
pissed

Huntington, WV

#19 Jul 11, 2013
yeah heather carver works there to and she is evil. she theinks its ok to abuse cats and dogs and take them away from people who take care of them and . do what she wants with them. that animal shelter is a joke . it needs shut down amd she needs a new hobby.
crazy

Charleston, WV

#20 Jul 11, 2013
pissed wrote:
yeah heather carver works there to and she is evil. she theinks its ok to abuse cats and dogs and take them away from people who take care of them and . do what she wants with them. that animal shelter is a joke . it needs shut down amd she needs a new hobby.

Lol, Heather Carver doesn't work there. I know of her and know what she does. She has rescued hundreds of animals. I'm sure I know exactly who you are, too. You're mad that someone has your dog, after they found it, and you're blaming Heather for not getting the dog back to you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you not get in trouble previously with your animals? Pretty sure you did. You also can't blame her for someone else refusing to give your dog back. Now, enough about that. The topic is about the animal shelter. Hop back on that topic and stop rambling about nonsense.
granny

Huntington, WV

#21 Jul 11, 2013
No Heather does not work there I think you need to get your facts correct. Heather is a wonderful person go blame someone else
lol

Charleston, WV

#22 Jul 11, 2013
pissed wrote:

You HAVE to be the lady whose dog went missing, another family found the dog, that family asked the "One by One Animal Advocates" to post the dogs picture on Facebook to look for the owner, they did, that family took the dog to the vet and then decided to keep the dog. And you're mad at Heather and that group because they didn't get the dog back for you when all they simply did was repost what that family had asked them to do. You're upset that after Heather and the other girls in the group did a little digging, found out that you had recently been in trouble for not properly taking care of your dogs. So, what makes you think that those girls would go the extra mile to get your dog back for you when you had been in trouble recently? Those girls can't go to someone's home and demand that family give up the dog that they found. You should have taken better care of your 'pets'. Then you probably wouldn't be in this predicament.

This has to be you, lady. No one else is going to complain about a person that goes above and beyond for Animals and saves their lives on a daily basis. So, maybe YOU need to find a hobby and stop bad mouthing people on topix.

Since: Mar 14

United States

#23 Mar 28, 2014
I was at that shelter today, there were dogs without water, the parking lot smelled like animal carcass, they need to exand the building and hire people that will actually care for the animals
kc

Charleston, WV

#24 Mar 28, 2014
How about you go and volunteer and help them clean the shelter! I go on Saturdays, and they are always going back and cleaning cages and keeping up with them. All of the dogs in the runs always have water. You should've told someone or got them water!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rakeem Cato goes undrafted in NFL 1 hr The Truth 19
Best ever hookers in huntington (Nov '12) 1 hr Mike 159
Thieves riding bikes with backpacks 1 hr Simply curious 18
Ouija board 1 hr Dickie Smalls 6
CHH Employees and Hospital Health (Sep '13) 2 hr CHH Post Deleted 104
Message To The Caucasian People. 2 hr Observer 28
Jessica 4 hr DrBigDikHairynuts 8
Huntington Teacher, 3rd offence DUI 6 hr Observer 41
Huntington Dating
Find my Match