puppy

Charlotte, NC

#1 Nov 23, 2012
Who else read the story about the puppy and thought something wasnt right about that. You know there is enough people that have seen the truth if people would speak up. There is quite a few of those people who need fired. Bunch of shady people. Hearless b a s t a r d s. Jim is the worst. Good with bs people ill give him that much. Ohh and tax payers you should follow one of the county cars sometime. They use them for whatever they want. And people are upset cause the back is nasty hahahaha it was nasty months ago this isnt news. Isnt no worse then the other things that go on.
Wow

Manakin Sabot, VA

#2 Nov 23, 2012
I have heard that the animals they choose to euthanize or say it how it is torture and murder are placed in the back sometimes for several days without food and water and most normally die of starvation and dehydration prior to being murdered. I understand that it is inevitable that animals have to be murdered due to an over abundance of unwanted animals, however I find it very cruel to go about it in such a manner. It just makes me wonder is this being done to save money in the drugs used to kill or out of plain disregard for living creatures. Such a shame the community is unaware of the horror that takes place behind closed doors at animal shelters.
Really

Huntington, WV

#3 Nov 24, 2012
Are you all serious? Are you going by hear say or photographs? Come down yourself and check it out. There is not one person here that is HERE FOR A PAYCHECK! WE ALL LOVE THESE ANIMALS! For one, we don't euthanize for space, we do it because there is no sense in an animal suffering through pain. We don't have enough funding to make all the animals 100% healthy. Yes, trying to become a no kill someday, but that doesn't happen over night. It takes months to do so. We are a control shelter, Animal Control means protecting pets and wild animals from the dangers they face in the wild and on the streets.
Animal Control means protecting people and property from
the dangers and nuisance of roaming uncontrolled animals.
They are better off here than in the streets or in a unwated home. I hate for them to be here, but it is better than the streets and unwanted home.
If you really want to save a life, stop attacking the shelter and come and adopt or foster.
Come volunteer for a few days and see how hard and how long it takes to clean this place. Nobody ever realizes that to follow the correct procedures, it takes hours to do so.
A few months ago, we went to a ceminar, at which ALL VOLUNTEERS WERE INVITED TO. We learned how to properly clean and sanitize and also some common sympthoms of some diseases. Don't you think that if we are accountable for what has happened when photographs were taken they should be too? I mean the people that took these pictures were the only ones that attened this class. So they were well aware of how to properly clean up. Or why not tell staff what has happen. Especially when its someone that wanted a job here. That would have proved something to me. Im not really into bashing someone or getting on this site, but really come to the shelter and check it for yourself. Stop going by what you hear or see in pictures.
puppy

Charlotte, NC

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Yea cause pictures lie haha loser
puppy

Charlotte, NC

#5 Nov 24, 2012
I know what it takes to keep a place clean its called get off your ass and do something lol. Not that hard to give a dog food and water clean up poop lol im sorry u think its difficult to do such a simple task.
puppy

Charlotte, NC

#6 Nov 24, 2012
There is more people involved now with the shelter then ever no reason for the place to be nasty take ur excuses else where noone believes it.
puppy

Charlotte, NC

#7 Nov 24, 2012
Haha love is that how people show love throw them in the garbage seriously stfu
1 post removed
Beth-animal lover

United States

#9 Nov 25, 2012
Ive adopted at least 7 dogs and 1 cat from the CWAS over the past 20 yrs id say--just 1 was unhealthy he had scabbies...The shelter offered an exchange but no way we got him vetted and he lived to 13 yrs old other ones lived to be 14 to 17 yrs old and we still have the cat we got from there in 2000 healthy alil over weight!! Still have 2 doggie buddies from there both spoiled but healthy!! Give them a break people if you can do so much better foster them and lend a hand!!
haha

Charlotte, NC

#10 Nov 25, 2012
Yea that was before jim was in there lol
1 post removed
Beth-animal lover

Massillon, OH

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Ummm haha actually 2 of the dogs were after and they are and always has been perfectly healthy thank you!! Do you foster? Adopt? Donate? Bet not!!
Animal Control

Ansted, WV

#13 May 9, 2013
I read the Herald Dispatch article on our animal control shelter in Sundays paper. They can't run the shelter they have now but they think that would all change if only they had a bigger shelter to run. That makes sense to them. Their mind set is,'well, if I don't have money to pay my bills I just need to stay home from work and go shopping'. I think Cabell-Wayne would do better with NO animal control since they can't grasp the concept of saying no to people who want to dump off their problems on the people of these counties. When the shelter is full close the door and don't accept any more animals until there is room or at least only accept those animals which pose a threat to the community. Here is a very novel idea, You got em you take care of em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Typically addiction is a sickness 14 min Tonei Loggins 27
Obama golfs while the world burns (Jul '14) 44 min -zaphod- 70
What time does unemployment money show up on de... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jeremy 337
Tabitha Maricle 1 hr 824 9th ave apt 10 1
Davis Place Bar 1 hr Providian 19
Oriental Health Spa (Nov '10) 3 hr Drift42069 88
Bowen auctions 3 hr Curious 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance