Huntington Car Meet
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mazda lovr

Ashland, OH

#1 May 8, 2012
Anyone know thing about it? I would like to get into it I heard some kid in a Acura runs it and thinks he's better than everyone .....I'd like to get in to a car scene but not if everyones dicks..
heh

Richmond, VA

#2 May 9, 2012
Everyone used to hang out at the parkinglot on 3rd ave 16th street, but sh!theads kept drinking and busting glass, so the muppets sh!tcanned it.
I think I know who you speak of though. Drives an RSX, I can't remember his name though. Personally I don't know his character.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#3 May 9, 2012
yeah an maybe afterwards we can all go over to Bridgets house and play some new 45's and then go to Dwights Drive-In for some burgers!
Anon

Tallahassee, FL

#4 May 9, 2012
Andrew Steele is the guy in the RSX. They meet every Tuesday night in the parking lot beside Arby's on 5th Ave. At 830, I think. Some of the guys are cool and a couple others I personally can't tolerate from knowing outside of that group. If it's raining they meet in one of the Marshall parking garages because it's technically a university sponsored group. They have a Facebook page.
pops

Davisburg, MI

#5 May 9, 2012
O god I hate that guy he's so ego-ish thinks cause he drives an Acura he's better than you ......yea his car is clean but he's an ass Huntington meets were started well before he came along
james

Ona, WV

#6 May 10, 2012
that is where the little four cylinder briggs and stratton cars with fart can exhaust hang lol
buck wilder

Columbus, OH

#7 May 10, 2012
james wrote:
that is where the little four cylinder briggs and stratton cars with fart can exhaust hang lol
haha yeah they would never hold up to a real car, like a 1968 z28 302 Camaro perhaps or a 1972 Chevelle 454 ss
heh

Ardsley, NY

#8 May 11, 2012
Yea because 4000lb old ass muscle cars are SO fast.

4cyln or not it doesn't really matter. If someone is actually into building engines a civic will spank v8 RWD cars all day.

What's funny about most of those kids with their hondas is how slow they make their cars with their idiotic 17 and 18 inch rims to fit their "bad ass" brembo gran turismo kits on. Just to increase their "stopping" power when stock components locked their tires up just fine.

They throw off braking bias/balance which makes their cars stop slower, they increase rotor weight and wheel weight, and often tire/wheel circumference, which slows their acceleration. Loads of fail.

I drive an accord, and it keeps up with cars it shouldn't because their owners dont know a god damn thing about performance.

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

United States

#9 May 11, 2012
I used to love going to the drag strip just to watch those 4000 lb lead sleds blow the doors off those ricers.
SannDigger

Huntington, WV

#10 May 11, 2012
heh wrote:
4cyln or not it doesn't really matter. If someone is actually into building engines a civic will spank v8 RWD cars all day.
What's funny about most of those kids with their hondas is how slow they make their cars with their idiotic 17 and 18 inch rims to fit their "bad ass" brembo gran turismo kits on. Just to increase their "stopping" power when stock components locked their tires up just fine.
They throw off braking bias/balance which makes their cars stop slower, they increase rotor weight and wheel weight, and often tire/wheel circumference, which slows their acceleration. Loads of fail.
I drive an accord, and it keeps up with cars it shouldn't because their owners dont know a god damn thing about performance.
I can tell you don't quite know as much about cars as you think you do, so I'll be nice here.

First off, you can't compare apples to oranges. Sure a very well built 4 banger with a power adder can outrun a V8 with bolt ons. But is a normal stock Accord faster than a stock Mustang GT? How about a turbo 4 banger versus a turbo (or twin turbo) V8? The simple fact is there is no replacement for displacement. Any engine can be modified, given the same type of mods the one with the most displacement will make the most power (generally speaking of course).

Second point, the wheels and brakes. I will agree that the huge wheels are ridiculous but don't automatically think it's going to affect the performance. If the wheel/tire combo has the same diameter as factory and the weight is about the same, the performance will be the same. Remember it takes about 100 pounds to change your 1/4 mile time by 1/10th of a second so a little weight change isn't that big a deal. Of course then you get into the physics of rolling mass and unsprung weight... Still insignificant in my opinion.

As for the brakes, I agree that a light street driven car doesn't need huge brakes. Where you are misguided is when you said the stock brakes will lock up the tires just fine so they don't need to upgrade. The point of brakes are not to lock up your tires therefore that is not a good way to judge their performance. Any car that was not designed to be driven aggressively could probably stand to use a brake upgrade of some kind when driven aggressively. Larger diameter brake rotors dissipate heat better and lead to less brake fade, slotted rotors allow brake pad gasses to escape easier and promote more efficient stopping and less heat, drilled rotors weigh less, mulitple pistons on the brake caliper spreads the work load out and causes less heat to build up in the brake fluid reduces the chance of boiling the fluid. Basically what I am saying is larger/ upgraded brakes can benefit a vehicle even if that vehicle's stock brakes can lock up the front tires. There is a lot more to braking than just that. As for "throwing off the braking bias" a properly installed braking system would have a modified or manual proportioning valve to correct for braking bias. Adjusting a manual valve is fun; a parking lot, a spotter, and some hard stops. Adjust until the front wheels lock just before the rear. That's the way I've done it.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#11 May 12, 2012
oh gawd this is so pathetic, get a life people
Translator

Parkersburg, WV

#12 May 12, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
Translated: "MEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

SannDigger

Huntington, WV

#13 May 12, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
How does having a hobby that involves being out of the house and includes traveling and socializing with other people not qualify as having a life?
buck wilder

Powell, OH

#14 May 12, 2012
sempron wrote:
I used to love going to the drag strip just to watch those 4000 lb lead sleds blow the doors off those ricers.
hell yeah, ain't nothin like the sound of a big block shakin the ground
ralph s

Ona, WV

#15 May 12, 2012
heh wrote:

i have a "big heavy rear wheel drive" car that runs 9.80's and is street legal....any civics wanna try?
Maybe

United States

#16 May 12, 2012
Ralph s 9.80 in what the 8 th
tony

Ona, WV

#17 May 12, 2012
yeah buddy thats right 1/8 ....try again fart can racer
tony

Ona, WV

#18 May 12, 2012
You guys cannot even ourun a stock 600 cc sportbike....i would not be talking about how "fast" my shit is if i were you.
Maybe

United States

#19 May 12, 2012
Tony do u own a car that u think is fast
Maybe

United States

#20 May 12, 2012
Cause ill bet 500 cash tonight if your interested streets are fairly empty this time of night

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberals think the riots were "peaceful" and "h... 17 min Ray rice 12
Typically drug addiction is a sickness 1 hr Gina S 17
Baltimore street 3 hr 30th Street 6
CBS INVESTIGATES Patrick Morrisey/ Big Pharma/ ... 4 hr Hospital Merger 11
Racket b mcguire is a snitch lil bitch (Jan '16) 4 hr CJ Hannon bitches 21
for black people. 4 5 hr The prick 42
Is it ok for a 18/19 year old to date a 14 year... 5 hr big b 7

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance