First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Vance

United States

#41 Jan 27, 2012
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I know you are a woman simply because men and women have different writing patterns and emotional responses. You write and react like a woman; ergo, it was obvious all along that you are a woman.

I have already said this: I am not the vet. I do not work for the vet. I have never met the vet. I do not know where the vet office is located. I have never even heard of that vet. I have never worked in any veterinary office, ever, anywhere.

I am not going to debate whether I should move, whether my education is useless, whether you own more property than I do, whether I should be refused the right to reproduce, or any of the other equally ridiculous scenarios and assertions you have posed. It is all utter nonsense, clearly the product of a delusional mind, and therefore does not require a response from any sane person.

I have stated it before, and I will state it again: you are only proving me right by your continued behavior in this forum. I do not know whether you are a substance abuser, or whether you are mentally ill, but you are quite obviously in need of psychiatric treatment. I am not saying that to be cruel, mind you, as I am being perfectly serious. Your behavior is simply not normal by any stretch of the imagination.

Since I now understand beyond any doubt that I am dealing with a person in dire need of psychiatric care, I will no longer respond to you, or even read any further responses from you. That may not be the solution to your problems, but I will be damned if I will contribute to making your problems worse, by giving you an excuse to obsessively abuse complete strangers on Topix rather than seeking the help you so clearly need. Best of luck to you and your dog.
Why in the world have you taken all this time to argue about something that has nothing to do with you? I remember the last time someone complained about Tri State, someone got on here and was so mean and rude to that person. Which just proves once again- everyone that works there is AWFUL!!
Trivial

Huntington, WV

#42 Jan 27, 2012
Vance wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world have you taken all this time to argue about something that has nothing to do with you? I remember the last time someone complained about Tri State, someone got on here and was so mean and rude to that person. Which just proves once again- everyone that works there is AWFUL!!
Vance wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get "arguing about and/or trying to 'defend' the vet" out of the statements of either Hmmm or myself. I don't know the vet in question, and have honestly never heard anyone else voice an opinion about that vet, good or bad. Doglover MAY be right about receiving bad service. That is something I can't judge.

MY point (and I believe it was Hmmm's point as well), is that here, in Huntington, there is a pervasive communication problem. I don't want to get too personal about what I do for a living, but believe me, I speak from experience...part of my job is to HELP people get the information that they need so that they can better their lives and solve some problems. When a person approaches me and says "I need help with thus & so"...it would not make ANY SENSE to just DUMP all the information that I have at my fingertips into their laps and say "There ya go! Dig through it!" They would not be helped, and I would be doing a bad job.

So people like myself...and apparently Hmmm as well...find it normal to ask a couple of questions at the beginning of a conversation. Not snoopy, probing, impolite questions...but questions that will help clarify a situation, and PERHAPS lead to a SENSIBLE solution. Normal people do this. Normal people do not instantly lurch into a screaming, abusive, border-line fit at the first attempt at intelligent conversation. But about 85% of Huntington's population does. And it's been like that for years.

And that's what happened here...and it was and remains my assertion that Huntington has an UNUSUALLY high incidence rate for this behavior. And as I said before...it is SO prevalent that it is viewed as NORMAL.
People are always trying to declare what the number one problem is in Huntington. For pity's sake, our city is regularly studied on a NATIONAL level....almost no other city in the United States gets this kind of scrutiny from the Federal Government. I sometimes feel as if this place is viewed as a sort of "petri-dish" that exists only for study purposes. We are "The Fattest", we are "Drug addicted"...on and on...

But it is MY belief that all of our other problems stem from absolutely wretched education. Every office job I have ever worked in Huntington has had at least 2 or 3 employees that cannot even write a CLEAR, simple sentence. To the degree that productivity is hampered by this poor level of literacy. While I am certainly no doctor...I often wonder if the obvious mental illness displayed by so many here is exacerbated by the frustration at being unable to communicate wants and needs, either verbally or in writing. Perhaps that is what is making the mental problems so obvious, and it seems to be growing worse.

As to my "Taking all this time..." See...that's the thing. For me, and others like me...it doesn't take much time at all. Only a brief moment to type these things. Because that is what education does...it speeds things up, and makes things easier. Some of you will read this thoroughly and agree or disagree. MANY of you will simply see "a bunch of words" and call me stupid. This, apparently...is considered the norm for the area.
Seriously

United States

#43 Jan 27, 2012
Fighting on topix is like winning the special Olympics. You're still retarded in the end!
As for tristate, in my experience everyone was really nice. After calling EVERY vet in the phone book and everyone refusing to see my guinea pig,(her dr was out of the office) we called tristate er and they told us to bring her in. She had to have an emergency csection, and made it through surgery just fine. HOWEVER, we had to let our baby go home with the vet tech that night, and she passed away between 12-2am. They said they didn't know what happened, which makes me wonder if maybe she accidentally gave her too much meds? Either way we really appreciate them trying to help her. We won't be going back for anything major, maybe just for check ups for our other pets. We can't have children so they really are like our children lol :)
bimb

United States

#44 Jan 28, 2012
Use to go there when dr.cruden was there he was the best will never be another vet like him he really cared about your pet not the momey we miss u dr.cruden so so much the cranks
Dog Owner

Hamlin, WV

#45 Nov 17, 2013
On Thursday my dog was bleeding to death from a mistake made during her spay surgery and Tri-State Animal ER was not only excellent at calming me down and telling me what was happening, they also saved my dog from death's doorstep. Regardless of the reviews above, I personally had an excellent experience and am very thankful.
RRE1977

Hightstown, NJ

#46 Nov 20, 2013
Trivial wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right on track about the paranoia, too. Many of them believe that "all the well mannered people know each other and went to some hi-falutin' school all together". The older I get, the meaner I'm getting, because of the constant exposure to this ignorance.
One poster suggested that it was good to have a spine and stand up for yourself, and that's what I'm doing. So many around Huntington will just barrel up to you in public and start barraging you with questions as if you are the public library and their own personal servant, and as long as they get what they want, they'll ONLY just be rude as hell, and that will be as bad as it gets...but try telling them firmly that you have things to do and it isn't your job to just stop what your doing and instantly meet their demands, even if you are EXTREMELY POLITE and THEN you get the, "Oh, you think you're better'n me? You too GOOD to help me?" and they go totally ballistic. Mad at the whole world, all the damn time. They wear me out.
However....if there is still even ONE tiny little thing that they want from you...they're cunning enough to ATTEMPT to appear agreeable...."I was just tryin' to answer your questions." They can dish it out, but they can't take it. Yep...most of'em here in Huntington are seriously off. No doubt about it.
Move elsewhere.
HumanDoc

Catlettsburg, KY

#47 Jan 2, 2014
The E.R used to be terrible. They are still not great but they have a few new good doctors. As for expense. Think about how much human medical care would cost without insurance. Veterinarians make very little money after all of the medical/clinic overhead.
lisa

Ironton, OH

#48 Mar 16, 2014
Dog Owner wrote:
On Thursday my dog was bleeding to death from a mistake made during her spay surgery and Tri-State Animal ER was not only excellent at calming me down and telling me what was happening, they also saved my dog from death's doorstep. Regardless of the reviews above, I personally had an excellent experience and am very thankful.
i know this post is old but i need to see a vet today but ive had a bad experience with the er before. so rude to me. but was it the er that made the mistake during surgery in the first place?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sweden Democrats: Trump was right 38 min Karl 4
for blacks.most important civil rights case in... 52 min protect from trump 33
Davis Place Bar 55 min Reaper 36 17
Overdoses 59 min youre pathetic 14
avengers motorcycle club (Nov '11) 1 hr lol 284
Ohio Secretary of State found non-citizens ille... 1 hr Silas 3
America Held Hostage Day 38 2 hr MarkJ- 6
Cabell HELP!!!!! 21 hr Trumpnation 33

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web