First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Doglover

United States

#1 Jan 24, 2012
Took my dog there to get some stitches. Dr. Myers is the rudest, most unpatient person I have ever met!! U r not allowed to ask any questions b4 she hits u with the fact she doesn't have to fix my dog. I was told I could take my dog and leave. These ppl r there to treat animals. I think she was stereotyping me because it was 11 pm and I was n my pajamas!! She should have picked a different occupation if she wanted to see ppl at there best!! So I have decided that I will tell everyone of her unprofessional practices. We have had to go there several times in the past , and have never been treated GREAT , but this time was to much. Unfortunatley it's the only ER in the area that I know of, and so I guess that's y they think they can treat u like that. Well I hope they get rid of this vet b4 she really screws up and gets the place sued!!! So to dr. Myers u will never touch my dog again and I will tell everyone what kind of person u r!!
jerry

South Hill, VA

#2 Jan 24, 2012
Yup I didn't like them either. They charged a FORTUNE and misdiagnosed my dog and he died....
Hmmmmm

Fincastle, VA

#3 Jan 24, 2012
I'm confused. What exactly happened? Was your dog too sick to be helped, or did you not have money to pay them, or .......?
Doglover

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2012
No she did not fix my dog!! Had plenty of money for whatever it took to get him fixed!! She is just a lousy excuse for a vet!! We wouldn't have dogs if we couldn't afford em!! They r part of r family!! She just had a very bad attitude!!!
jason Minigotti

Boynton Beach, FL

#5 Jan 24, 2012
is she a big old lesbian?
phatgirl4u

United States

#6 Jan 24, 2012
jason Minigotti wrote:
is she a big old lesbian?
yes she is!
Insurance Fan

Huntington, WV

#7 Jan 24, 2012
Ceredo Kenova has an animal E.R. It is expensive but I have been there and they were very nice!
Hmmmmm

Fincastle, VA

#8 Jan 24, 2012
I bet it had nothing to do with your pajamas. If you were anywhere near as rude and verbally abusive to her as you are being here to people asking a simple question, it is no wonder that she reacted that way.
Doglover

Ridgeview, WV

#9 Jan 25, 2012
So I'm verbally abusive because I told u what a useless person u r. We were very upset!! U should have took the time to explain y u were doing these things. Wasn't asking to b mean, needed to know if he had to stay all night! So I could plan what I had to do! But here again u were way to unprofessional to c that!! There must have been somthin on the tv u wanted to watch. Or maybe u had a visitor. Who knows bottom line u suck as a vet and I plan on telling everyone I know, and anybody that will listen!!! U very well may have stereotyped the wrong person this time!!!
Doglover

Ridgeview, WV

#10 Jan 25, 2012
I guess when I found out how severe my dogs ear was cut I'm very glad they didn't fix it. I'm sure with her attitude she would not have taken the time and compassion to fix him correctly! My real vet said it was a complicated procedure, so I guess I should b happy I got out b4 it was to late!! So maybe I should thank her for being a rude, insecure, uncompassionate, person!!! There ya go is that better?
Hmmmmm

Fincastle, VA

#11 Jan 25, 2012
You must be paying for the treatment with disability from a mental illness, if you read all of that into what I said. I originally merely asked you a couple of polite questions, to better understand what happened, then you immediately started acting like an insane person toward me.

Yet you expect others to just accept your abusive behavior as normal, because you believe yourself to be inherently superior and therefore entitled to treat them that way. That is just not how it works in the real world.

Like I said in my response to your reply, I am not at all surprised at the reaction you got from the vet, if this is any indication of your behavior toward them. All you are really doing at this point, by ranting and raving like a deranged person, and projecting your own negative traits onto me, is proving me right.
Booger

Huntington, WV

#12 Jan 25, 2012
Hmmmm, you're right. It's like that all over the place in this area. A question, spoken politely in a normal tone of voice is taken instantly as an insult, as an accusation of being a liar, and then IMMEDIATELY they are OFF TO THE RACES!

I swear that behavior is so common around here I think it's some sort of drug or additive they're putting in the water. Maybe in that no-name El-Cheapo soda they buy around here by the case. 90% of the folks in this area are really off.
Hmmmmm

Fincastle, VA

#13 Jan 25, 2012
Booger wrote:
Hmmmm, you're right. It's like that all over the place in this area. A question, spoken politely in a normal tone of voice is taken instantly as an insult, as an accusation of being a liar, and then IMMEDIATELY they are OFF TO THE RACES!
I swear that behavior is so common around here I think it's some sort of drug or additive they're putting in the water. Maybe in that no-name El-Cheapo soda they buy around here by the case. 90% of the folks in this area are really off.
I agree, most people in this area are indeed really off. While there are always some people who are off pretty much anywhere, Huntington is the only place I have ever lived where this kind of bad behavior is so common that it is viewed as normal.

I can't decide if it is caused by poor upbringing, lack of social skills, mental illness, or substance abuse (or in this case, possibly all of the above).
Trivial

Huntington, WV

#14 Jan 25, 2012
This is the only place I've ever been where the MAJORITY of people, if they aren't familiar with something, such as a book or figure in history, will ACTUALLY say, in a belligerent tone, "I never heard of it!" and often follow that statement with, "Sounds STUPID to me!"

Only place I've ever seen where they actually seem PROUD of not being well-read or keeping up with current events.

You're quite right, Hmmm...it really is so common that it is seen as normal, and they really do view the educated as their personal enemy.
Hmmmmm

Fincastle, VA

#15 Jan 25, 2012
Trivial wrote:
This is the only place I've ever been where the MAJORITY of people, if they aren't familiar with something, such as a book or figure in history, will ACTUALLY say, in a belligerent tone, "I never heard of it!" and often follow that statement with, "Sounds STUPID to me!"
Only place I've ever seen where they actually seem PROUD of not being well-read or keeping up with current events.
You're quite right, Hmmm...it really is so common that it is seen as normal, and they really do view the educated as their personal enemy.
This person inexplicably seems to believe that I am the vet about whom she is complaining, though I am neither a veterinarian nor in the medical field at all, and do not even know that doctor. I am just someone on Topix who saw the thread, and asked a couple of questions for clarification and understanding since she was unclear in her original statement.

So while you are absolutely correct, and I have encountered the "us against them" mindset many times in this area (and this is yet another example of that), there is quite a bit of paranoia and delusion involved in her responses as well. Based upon the questions I asked, no sane, reasonably intelligent person would ever think I was that doctor, or even had personal knowledge of what occurred. So it is all quite bizarre, but as you correctly noted, the behavior is unfortunately quite common in this area.
phatgirl4u

Ridgeview, WV

#16 Jan 25, 2012
I've been following all these posts and I have to say that if I asked my vet a ? About my family member (the dog) and the vets response was sarcasm or rude then I believe I would be upset too! My dog is my life! I may not have gone to college but I own three businesses in this town own a Harley and own my home! Thy still does not give me the right to be rude to my customers! I'm with doglover and as for the rest of u... U put yourself in the category of not being polite by expecting others to take crap from everyone else. Get a spine and stand up for what u believe! I think u guys got off on the wrong subject here.
Doglover

Ridgeview, WV

#17 Jan 25, 2012
Hmmmmm wrote:
You must be paying for the treatment with disability from a mental illness, if you read all of that into what I said. I originally merely asked you a couple of polite questions, to better understand what happened, then you immediately started acting like an insane person toward me.
Yet you expect others to just accept your abusive behavior as normal, because you believe yourself to be inherently superior and therefore entitled to treat them that way. That is just not how it works in the real world.
Like I said in my response to your reply, I am not at all surprised at the reaction you got from the vet, if this is any indication of your behavior toward them. All you are really doing at this point, by ranting and raving like a deranged person, and projecting your own negative traits onto me, is proving me right.
. I was just trying to answer ur question. I guess I didn't say it slowly enough for u to understand. The first time I answered u I was not abusive at all. So by what ur saying it takes someone like u to twist things into something it is not. Yes I am ranting about the service I got. I guess I got treated the way u feel u did from me. Well it bothered u to sling some kinda crap back that really didn't even make sense. I think u r miserable n ur own life cause u think u r top dog and that everyone should behave the way u do cause obviously ur parents told u that u were someone special and everyone should bow to u! Bottom line if u don't like this area an the ppl who live n it because u r above us I would like to b the first to tell u, to get out!! I don't know if u r educated or not, but if u are u wasted every dime u spent on it!
Trivial

Huntington, WV

#18 Jan 25, 2012
Doglover wrote:
<quoted text>. I think u r miserable n ur own life cause u think u r top dog and that everyone should behave the way u do cause obviously ur parents told u that u were someone special and everyone should bow to u! Bottom line if u don't like this area an the ppl who live n it because u r above us I would like to b the first to tell u, to get out!! I don't know if u r educated or not, but if u are u wasted every dime u spent on it!
Ha! And there it is, the next thing they always say..."If u don't like it here, you'uns get out!"

I own property here. No one can make me get out. Something just tells me you rent, so it's actually a feasible possibility that you actually COULD be made to "get out" of somewhere, if the owner gets fed up enough.

I didn't spend a dime on my education. Full scholarship.

As to my parents telling me that I was someone special....why, yes, they did. Didn't yours say things like that to you?
Trivial

Huntington, WV

#19 Jan 25, 2012
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
This person inexplicably seems to believe that I am the vet about whom she is complaining, though I am neither a veterinarian nor in the medical field at all, and do not even know that doctor. I am just someone on Topix who saw the thread, and asked a couple of questions for clarification and understanding since she was unclear in her original statement.
So while you are absolutely correct, and I have encountered the "us against them" mindset many times in this area (and this is yet another example of that), there is quite a bit of paranoia and delusion involved in her responses as well. Based upon the questions I asked, no sane, reasonably intelligent person would ever think I was that doctor, or even had personal knowledge of what occurred. So it is all quite bizarre, but as you correctly noted, the behavior is unfortunately quite common in this area.
You're right on track about the paranoia, too. Many of them believe that "all the well mannered people know each other and went to some hi-falutin' school all together". The older I get, the meaner I'm getting, because of the constant exposure to this ignorance.

One poster suggested that it was good to have a spine and stand up for yourself, and that's what I'm doing. So many around Huntington will just barrel up to you in public and start barraging you with questions as if you are the public library and their own personal servant, and as long as they get what they want, they'll ONLY just be rude as hell, and that will be as bad as it gets...but try telling them firmly that you have things to do and it isn't your job to just stop what your doing and instantly meet their demands, even if you are EXTREMELY POLITE and THEN you get the, "Oh, you think you're better'n me? You too GOOD to help me?" and they go totally ballistic. Mad at the whole world, all the damn time. They wear me out.

However....if there is still even ONE tiny little thing that they want from you...they're cunning enough to ATTEMPT to appear agreeable...."I was just tryin' to answer your questions." They can dish it out, but they can't take it. Yep...most of'em here in Huntington are seriously off. No doubt about it.
hahahaha

Hansford, WV

#20 Jan 25, 2012
Pot (doglover) meet kettle (trivial). Sounds to me like you're both nuts and looking for drama!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethics comittee investigating tri state pawn 7 min Drugs 3
East end break-ins 9 min Whodaskanks 42
Huntington is the pit of hell 12 min Mark J 56
Jumol Scott 12 min yeabuddy 2
Mike Paul 15 min oneandonly 5
Dr Leigh Ann Levine 19 min Ohyeah 18
Best Place to live, safest (Mar '13) 23 min Muff daddy 30

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance