chains on ambulances
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
beeper

United States

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Why do ambulances have chains that scrape the pavement as they drive?
big b

Huntington, WV

#2 Oct 23, 2013
its a ground .
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#3 Oct 24, 2013
Or automatic tire chains
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#4 Oct 24, 2013
Just passed one....they are automatic tire chains
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#5 Oct 24, 2013
They aren't grounds
Unknown

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Oct 24, 2013
I have always been told that the noise it makes prevents motion sickness. Some school buses are starting to have them as well.
partyvan man

United States

#7 Oct 24, 2013
Unknown wrote:
I have always been told that the noise it makes prevents motion sickness. Some school buses are starting to have them as well.
They are automatic tire chains....
justsaying

United States

#8 Oct 25, 2013
They are an antenna for the two way communication radio. Even in areas that have no signal, they can transmit and receive calls through ground penetrating amplification!
notalone

Derry, PA

#9 Oct 25, 2013
It's how they subdue the blacks

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#10 Oct 25, 2013
I heard its incase they have a wild patient who has to be confined to the bed and the straps aren't strong enough.
SannDigger

Huntington, WV

#11 Oct 25, 2013
partyvan man wrote:
They aren't grounds
Actually they are grounds. Most newer ambulances have automatic tire chains as well, but all have ground chains. As a vehicle drives through the air it gains a static charge. The static builds up since the vehicle is isolated from the ground by the tires. This is what "shocks" you when you get out of your car while touching a metal part. That static shock is enough to damage sensitive medical equipment on ambulances so they have a ground chain to dissipate the static energy to ground.

A lot of power company trucks also have a ground strap which works the same as a ground chain. It dissipates static that build up on the trucks while working around high voltage lines.
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#12 Oct 25, 2013
SannDigger wrote:
<quoted text>Actually they are grounds. Most newer ambulances have automatic tire chains as well, but all have ground chains. As a vehicle drives through the air it gains a static charge. The static builds up since the vehicle is isolated from the ground by the tires. This is what "shocks" you when you get out of your car while touching a metal part. That static shock is enough to damage sensitive medical equipment on ambulances so they have a ground chain to dissipate the static energy to ground.

A lot of power company trucks also have a ground strap which works the same as a ground chain. It dissipates static that build up on the trucks while working around high voltage lines.
Ur wrong.....I know bucket trucks don't have ground chains I've worked out of many....and I've looked at ambulances recently....since this post started...haven't see a ground chain yet...
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#13 Oct 25, 2013
But I have seen automatic tire chains on fire trucks ambulances and school buses
I gotta gun

United States

#14 Oct 25, 2013
It is to scare blacks away from the ambulance in the ghetto.
I know

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Oct 28, 2013
Its called on spot chains for snow and ice there is a button u push that lowers them and as u drive it rubs on the wheel and slings the chains unber the tire in snow
SannDigger

Huntington, WV

#16 Oct 28, 2013
partyvan man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur wrong.....I know bucket trucks don't have ground chains I've worked out of many....and I've looked at ambulances recently....since this post started...haven't see a ground chain yet...
I didn't say bucket trucks had them, I said power company trucks. Usually those with electronic equipment installed. And they don't use ground chains, they use a ground strap. It looks like a rubber strap but it is conductive.

Ambulances have had ground chains long before automatic tires chains were common. There is no reason for the automatic tire chains to drag the ground, they are mounted high on the axle.
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#17 Oct 28, 2013
SannDigger wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say bucket trucks had them, I said power company trucks. Usually those with electronic equipment installed. And they don't use ground chains, they use a ground strap. It looks like a rubber strap but it is conductive.

Ambulances have had ground chains long before automatic tires chains were common. There is no reason for the automatic tire chains to drag the ground, they are mounted high on the axle.
They are mounted on pneumatic arms on the bottom of the axle....they drag on short inclines like intersections...ambulances DO NOT have ground chains....chains would make for poor grounds anyway! AND power trucks DO NOT have sensitive equipment in them......and DO NOT have ground straps!
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#18 Oct 28, 2013
SannDigger wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say bucket trucks had them, I said power company trucks. Usually those with electronic equipment installed. And they don't use ground chains, they use a ground strap. It looks like a rubber strap but it is conductive.

Automatic tire chains have been around a lot longer than "sensitive" medical equipment.....u my friend have no clue what ur talking about

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#19 Oct 28, 2013
They are automatic tow chaos so in case they get stuck up in someone's yard or a muddy road they can be pulled out easily.
partyvan man

Huntington, WV

#20 Oct 28, 2013
Mentalvoyeur wrote:
They are automatic tow chaos so in case they get stuck up in someone's yard or a muddy road they can be pulled out easily.
They are automatic tires chains!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pretty nikole and kneegers 13 min OJJ 56
Breakins in guyandotte 17 min Pissed off homeowner 2
avengers motorcycle club (Nov '11) 53 min Miss Fixit 249
Trump = Treason 1 hr JCK 71
are black people the most High's chosen people 1 hr ewww 2
Anybody tired of blacks whining? 2 hr ewww 65
white people good or bad 2 hr they know they owe 127

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance