Get rid of the projects on Hal Greer Blvd!!!!!!!!!!

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Postal

Huntington, WV

#1 Apr 13, 2012
I find it sickening that the first thing people see when coming to our city is the projects. While driving through they have to make sure to lock their doors and roll up their windows because some thug is giving them a mean look or running their mouth. It looks like nothing but trash with trash running around it. Very embarassing to our city!!! I say tear it down and let them all get a job or move back to Detroit.
Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 14, 2012
Postal wrote:
I find it sickening that the first thing people see when coming to our city is the projects. While driving through they have to make sure to lock their doors and roll up their windows because some thug is giving them a mean look or running their mouth. It looks like nothing but trash with trash running around it. Very embarassing to our city!!! I say tear it down and let them all get a job or move back to Detroit.
amen send those n|**3rs back all they do is sit around n get welfare and a free place to live
DaQuan

Mount Lookout, WV

#3 Apr 14, 2012
You forgot to mention we makes big muny from drugs sales.
Karl K Krueger

Huntington, WV

#4 Apr 14, 2012
Rope, noose, oak tree and a darkie swinging in the breeze. Ahhh, what a wonderful sight to see.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#5 Apr 14, 2012
I agree, and whats even worse, to some, is that drivers who are not familiar with our town are sort of herded to take the 16th street exit. As most people don't know or even care who the hell Hal Greer is, they are from the onset, forced to know 2 names for the same street in a town they are stranger to.

So our first impression is a bad one. 16th street has the highest concentration of billboards and traffic lights of any in town, its full of pot holes and and bad tar patches. Cabell Hospital may be nice to look like as a building but the last thing I want to think about when exploring a new town is sickness and death.

Then you arrive at the rusting and crumbling viaduct ( if its not flooded) and you get the impression as an outsider, that maybe its first impression was not any type of priority.

These things have consistently prompted visiting comic acts ( when we used to have a comedy venue) to comment on the "war-zone" nature look of Huntington.
Howdy Doody

Newport News, VA

#6 Apr 14, 2012
That area of town is so nasty, most of it needs to be bulldozed.
hbf126

Huntington, WV

#7 Apr 14, 2012
What makes me mad is driving by them in the middle of the day and people are sitting on their porch doing nothing and I'm reminded that IM PAYING taxes for them to do NOTHING!! And they are able bodied!! This country is going to shit.
Tyrone Douglas

United States

#8 Apr 14, 2012
Thats right! Y'all be hating. I live up in Northcott. I drive a brand new sled. I be banging your wife while you are at work. I get free food, clothes, furniture, its like that. Deal with it racist honkies....
1 post removed
DaQuan

Summersville, WV

#10 Apr 14, 2012
I been Northcott all my life. I love dat place. Lots of white girls here. Not bad eiver. 1 bot me some nikes. She get her check and I cash it. Food stamps an all.
Fetus T Bluster

Apopka, FL

#11 Apr 14, 2012
Tyrone Douglas wrote:
Thats right! Y'all be hating. I live up in Northcott. I drive a brand new sled. I be banging your wife while you are at work. I get free food, clothes, furniture, its like that. Deal with it racist honkies....
tell us about your new rent to own sofa.
old friend

United States

#12 Apr 14, 2012
Send the visiters through the west end so they can see the pillheads and burned out houses.
Fetus T Bluster

Apopka, FL

#13 Apr 14, 2012
old friend wrote:
Send the visiters through the west end so they can see the pillheads and burned out houses.
the poor,poor pill-billies.

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Apr 14, 2012
Hal Greer Blvd, I think you meant spook avenue!!
Fetus T Bluster

Apopka, FL

#15 Apr 14, 2012
Manic Psycho wrote:
Hal Greer Blvd, I think you meant spook avenue!!
when out of towners want to score drugs the first place they go is MLK blvd.
actually

Huntington, WV

#16 Apr 14, 2012
Fetus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>tell us about your new rent to own sofa.
Many people receiving welface benefits also get furniture vouchers to furnish their home. I know someone that moved and didnt have furniture she got a 2,000 voucher. new couch, beds, linens.. etc.. At that time while i was working my 50 hour a week job, I was in search of a nice used couch under 500 from craigs list. Welfare looks very appealing.
Fetus T Bluster

Apopka, FL

#17 Apr 14, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people receiving welface benefits also get furniture vouchers to furnish their home. I know someone that moved and didnt have furniture she got a 2,000 voucher. new couch, beds, linens.. etc.. At that time while i was working my 50 hour a week job, I was in search of a nice used couch under 500 from craigs list. Welfare looks very appealing.
go for it. you are in food-stamp territory.
1 post removed

“Work hard. Enjoy life.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#19 Apr 14, 2012
Postal wrote:
You find it sickening? You are not better than anybody! That neighborhood is not embarrassing. Maybe you have a rich life & you have never experienced living in government housing, well good for you! Aren't you just precious?!
Before you pass judgement, you should try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes, because you have no idea of their stories. Not everybody's life can be as perfect as yours, I suppose!
Why would you call people running around there trash? Do you know them personally? What was it like getting to know every single person who lives there?!

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#20 Apr 14, 2012
herhitlist wrote:
<quoted text>
You find it sickening? You are not better than anybody! That neighborhood is not embarrassing. Maybe you have a rich life & you have never experienced living in government housing, well good for you! Aren't you just precious?!
Before you pass judgement, you should try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes, because you have no idea of their stories. Not everybody's life can be as perfect as yours, I suppose!
Why would you call people running around there trash? Do you know them personally? What was it like getting to know every single person who lives there?!
I dont understand your post at all. This isnt about the haves and the have-nots, its about safety and first impressions. Maybe you feel perfectly safe driving down 16th street alone at night, I don't, and not because I think Im better than anyone- I'm pretty sure they guy who's going to hijack my car ( or worse) isn't interested in my personal viewpoint on the class system. Wont you try to telling the guy who's bashing on your windshield that you don't judge him. It's a bad area, virtually every town in america has one to some extent or another, but why does it have to be our main access road to our town?
I didnt find the poster's remarks at all judgemental, funny you had to pass judgement on him (and you did in several places) though for doing so.

“Work hard. Enjoy life.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#21 Apr 14, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
<quoted text>I dont understand your post at all. This isnt about the haves and the have-nots, its about safety and first impressions. Maybe you feel perfectly safe driving down 16th street alone at night, I don't, and not because I think Im better than anyone- I'm pretty sure they guy who's going to hijack my car ( or worse) isn't interested in my personal viewpoint on the class system. Wont you try to telling the guy who's bashing on your windshield that you don't judge him. It's a bad area, virtually every town in america has one to some extent or another, but why does it have to be our main access road to our town?
I didnt find the poster's remarks at all judgemental, funny you had to pass judgement on him (and you did in several places) though for doing so.
You don't understand my post? Good, I'm glad! We are two very different breeds! You will never understand me or anyone else with intelligence, bro.

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#22 Apr 14, 2012
Fine, you and your superior intelligence and moral high-ground have a nice romp tonight on 16th street by the projects.( gees!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frat house idiots 25 min pike 32
union at cabell 27 min Charleston RN 3
Sexual Harassment at SMMC (Oct '14) 32 min Preacher Man 26
Adult Children that don't care about their parents (Sep '13) 1 hr Alyqua 40
Huntington Mafia Ties (Dec '10) 1 hr Preacher Man 97
New Pawn Shop is Dead 1 hr Miss Practicality 18
Remember Huntington in the 50's? (Feb '08) 1 hr Preacher Man 1,573
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE