Next Last
Her ruck

Barboursville, WV

#1 Dec 13, 2013
Name the worst landlords in huntington to rent from and why
domald

Huntington, WV

#2 Dec 13, 2013
Leonard Samworth. His apts got bed bugs. No heat. Won't even buy us heaters. But he sure ups the rent on us. I could live btr on
The street Calls himself a man
Of god. Lol. Yeah right
2 posts removed
InMyHood

Huntington, WV

#5 Dec 14, 2013
Bill and Judy Toney. Talk a good game but once you are in they refuse to do repairs to the properties. Only thing they will fix is water and heat ( thankfully ) any thing else goes wrong and you might as well forget it .

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#6 Dec 14, 2013
domald wrote:
Leonard Samworth. His apts got bed bugs. No heat. Won't even buy us heaters. But he sure ups the rent on us. I could live btr on
The street Calls himself a man
Of god. Lol. Yeah right
Its illegal for a landlord to not provide heat. The temp threshold may vary by state, but I think anything under 62 degrees is actionable. Document your daily degrees.

How much has increased rent, that too is regulated.

Put your rent in escrow. Shows your willingness to pay, then take him to small claims court.
He will want to settle if he wants his rent.
Ben2

Huntington, WV

#7 Dec 14, 2013
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>Its illegal for a landlord to not provide heat. The temp threshold may vary by state, but I think anything under 62 degrees is actionable. Document your daily degrees.

How much has increased rent, that too is regulated.

Put your rent in escrow. Shows your willingness to pay, then take him to small claims court.
He will want to settle if he wants his rent.
Funny - btw welcome to Huntington , the whole state has a WV Renters Rights Bill but unfortunately not a lawyer in the state will take a real case to court . You have to fight alone and since most landlords in the area are either ex council or family member of such , the court system 95 percent if the time sides with the landlord . Worse thing I ever have done was to move back here . 3 different landlords in 5 years and same result each time . I'm not talking low income either .... My rent has been between 650 and 850 .... 750 currently .... And if you are sure escrow works here could you please share the proper steps ?
2 posts removed
liz

Huntington, WV

#10 Dec 14, 2013
We've asked Leonard Samworth about our heat. Keeps saying he'll go get us a space heater. Haven't seen one yet.
1 post removed
samuel

Ivydale, WV

#12 Dec 14, 2013
WOW!!!! shall I really say what I really mean????
2 posts removed
Dont Do It

United States

#15 Dec 14, 2013
What ever you do don't rent from Paul ward or any of his daughters they leave little notes hanging on gas station doors saying they have places for rent but after you rent from them they go in your home when your out or at work and they to do no repares on thier rental property so be warned if you hear the name Paul ward run and run fast!
booger

Saint Albans, WV

#16 Dec 15, 2013
Jeremy Adams.
Aaron

New York, NY

#17 Dec 15, 2013
Dont Do It wrote:
What ever you do don't rent from Paul ward or any of his daughters they leave little notes hanging on gas station doors saying they have places for rent but after you rent from them they go in your home when your out or at work and they to do no repares on thier rental property so be warned if you hear the name Paul ward run and run fast!
I rented from Paul for a couple years. It was a nice big brick house near the park. Only a couple of times I had a maintenance issue, he sent a repair person immediately and all was fixed. They kept the lawn mowed as well. They did not come in my house without notifying me. Very good rental owners.
Dont Do It

United States

#18 Dec 15, 2013
I find that hard to believe I have video of his doped up family going in my home when my wife nor I where home so please save the lies. People don't listen to this crap. Aaron is probably dating one of Paul's granddaughter and he is trying to be dudly do right. Trust me if it is Paul ward's rental run and run fast don't even look back. You will thank me later.
Idea

Racine, WV

#19 Dec 16, 2013
If you don't like landlords, then buy a house.
catherkne

United States

#20 Dec 16, 2013
SAMWORTH IS THE DEVIL
Aaron

United States

#21 Dec 16, 2013
Dont Do It wrote:
I find that hard to believe I have video of his doped up family going in my home when my wife nor I where home so please save the lies. People don't listen to this crap. Aaron is probably dating one of Paul's granddaughter and he is trying to be dudly do right. Trust me if it is Paul ward's rental run and run fast don't even look back. You will thank me later.
I am 51 years old. I hardly think I am dating anyone's "Grandaughter".

I call it the way I see it. They never did me wrong. You were probably a typical area renter who didn't pay your rent or violated the lease and your mad.

I met Paul, His Wife, Son. Very nice folks. I cannot believe anyone in that family is on pills. The ones I met were straight.

You are probably a loser.
Dont Do It

United States

#22 Dec 19, 2013
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 51 years old. I hardly think I am dating anyone's "Grandaughter".
I call it the way I see it. They never did me wrong. You were probably a typical area renter who didn't pay your rent or violated the lease and your mad.
I met Paul, His Wife, Son. Very nice folks. I cannot believe anyone in that family is on pills. The ones I met were straight.
You are probably a loser.
No Im not a loser I have great job and I work six days a week but I had things come up missing so I decided to put in cameras and caught them red handed so please refrain from talking to me in the manner that you are because you have no clue what you are talking about the only reason I didn't prosecute is because it would haven taken more time than it was worth and you do sound like a pederas if you must know.
jaja

Kenova, WV

#23 Dec 19, 2013
Bob Gallagher on pea ridge
Dont Do It

United States

#24 Dec 19, 2013
It really sickens me when people get on here and defend people that do people wrong so you can save your rebuttal for those that need to find out on their own. And by the way my rent was early so please quit the BS jargon. I have nothing to gain from this I ended my lease in the propper manner but I did change my locks so I knew they would not get back into my place unless they broke in and then you would have seen me introduce the law!.like I stated earlier you know nothing about what you are talking about.
MountainHiker

Charleston, WV

#25 Mar 24, 2014
Its a lot easier to mention the good landlords!
Rent from Hugh Ladd or Hood properties.
wow

Saint Albans, WV

#26 Mar 25, 2014
MountainHiker wrote:
.....highly agree. Bob Plybon is a really good landlord with some really nice rentals. We owned our previous home and couldn't afford the upkeep so, decided to get a rental and absolutely love the response time with Bob.
Jim

Huntington, WV

#27 Mar 25, 2014
MountainHiker wrote:
Hugh ladd ? Didn't he own that craphole dump over by Ritter park? Big apartment building that's falling in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brotherhood of the one eyed wonder worm 19 min Huntington City W... 14
Another disgruntled liberal shoots up a school 20 min Big Bad Whitey 231
Surprise Sloppy seconds 45 min Clucky 6
Baltimore Street drugs (Feb '17) 46 min Free rides 1,827
brian faller (forrest bluff apartment manager) 47 min wonderer 2
pagans mc (Sep '10) 57 min yep 337
Felons with pit bulls 1 hr Silent Majority 24
Remember Huntington in the 50's? (Feb '08) 3 hr Jefferson Park Guy 1,623

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web