how Would You Grade Mayor Steve's Girst Year

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2013
Alligator Jackson

United States

#1 Nov 26, 2013
I would give him a B-
The city is in the black but it is largely due to Mayor Wolfe's city sales tax increase
The couch fees and weed fees have increased revenue but I think that strips some of our freedoms and its like the opposite of Robin Hood, he's taking from those who can't afford to pay

I believe he has grown local government too much. He has created 50,000 a year jobs and given them to Insco who is a longtime ally. And to Bryan Chambers who wrote flattering stories about Mayor Steve while he was city government reporter for The Herald-Dispatch.
I also think that his replacing Ellis as Fire Chief with old buddy Eastham smacked of cronyism and we are lucky the city didn't get sued. Mayor Steve is not hiring the most qualified people available, he is hiring his friends.

Also, he has instructed city council to secretly look into fixing our sewers. He has spent all of the city tax revenue on creating jobs for his friends and now there is no money to fix the sewer so likely rain tax or a fee. And why not public meetings to discuss this, why gag orders and closed doors. Our opinion means nothing.
So at first glance, many say he deserves an A. But look between the lines. I give Mayor Steve a B- what grade do you give him?
user

Huntington, WV

#2 Nov 26, 2013
Alligator Jackson wrote:
I would give him a B-
The city is in the black but it is largely due to Mayor Wolfe's city sales tax increase
The couch fees and weed fees have increased revenue but I think that strips some of our freedoms and its like the opposite of Robin Hood, he's taking from those who can't afford to pay

I believe he has grown local government too much. He has created 50,000 a year jobs and given them to Insco who is a longtime ally. And to Bryan Chambers who wrote flattering stories about Mayor Steve while he was city government reporter for The Herald-Dispatch.
I also think that his replacing Ellis as Fire Chief with old buddy Eastham smacked of cronyism and we are lucky the city didn't get sued. Mayor Steve is not hiring the most qualified people available, he is hiring his friends.

Also, he has instructed city council to secretly look into fixing our sewers. He has spent all of the city tax revenue on creating jobs for his friends and now there is no money to fix the sewer so likely rain tax or a fee. And why not public meetings to discuss this, why gag orders and closed doors. Our opinion means nothing.
So at first glance, many say he deserves an A. But look between the lines. I give Mayor Steve a B- what grade do you give him?

For many of the same reasons you stated I would go D . You can dip a turd in gold plating but the inside is still crap . This is all the Mayor has accomplished . Beautifying the city is nice but doesn't help financially . Hiring buddies to replace more qualified people only weakens our town . I voted for him now wish I would have gave Wolfe another go at it .

United States

#3 Nov 26, 2013
user wrote:
<quoted text>For many of the same reasons you stated I would go D . You can dip a turd in gold plating but the inside is still crap . This is all the Mayor has accomplished . Beautifying the city is nice but doesn't help financially . Hiring buddies to replace more qualified people only weakens our town . I voted for him now wish I would have gave Wolfe another go at it .
You are dumb.
bully

Alexandria, VA

#4 Nov 26, 2013
F F double F. The city is the 4 in the nation as being the worst to live in. U guys crazy

Level 5

Since: May 12

Huntington, WV

#5 Nov 26, 2013
Alligator Jackson wrote:
How much money has the city made off this?
NO NAME

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 28, 2013
We still have a junk fire truck with no plate no windows no drive train it,We all have to live by the law but Marshall does not. I give him a F
Nose better

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 7, 2013
Mayor Steve has earned an "F" in my book.

1. Has not proposed one new program to improve the City.

2. Has not started a bottom-up review of City Hall and government practices like he promised at a campaign meet and greet. He said it was time to "bring Huntington up to date in business practices and programs."

He has not done a single thing...except replace Kim Wolfe. The City is still headed down the crapper and the only difference is there is now a Democrat in the chair. People won't complain because they have bought the propaganda that Democrats care.

If it were a Republican in that same seat, all you would hear about is how bad things are. In reality, they would be the same as now - but just the political and business puppetmasters are happy with their easier to manipulate Democrats...Republicans at least put up the appearance of resistance.

Would the last person leaving town please drop the keys off at Marshall University ... it will make it easier for them to strip the copper out of the buildings before they tear them down.
Taylor

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 7, 2013
Failure.
F

Alexandria, VA

#9 Dec 7, 2013
Likes getting his picture taken. About it.
1 post removed
hunter

Huntington, WV

#11 Dec 7, 2013
F wrote:
Likes getting his picture taken. About it.
Ha. I agree him and his fugky wife

Grade F F F

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amber Cremeans 24 min WV GIRL 15
what happened to diane bess? (Jan '14) 1 hr justice 38
mike mason 2 hr curious 1
prostitutes 2 hr Not A Cop 7
Women who date cops 2 hr Not A Cop 3
officer Joey Koher 2 hr victimalso 8
Zaphod thats CM not inches 2 hr -zaphod- 14
•••
•••
•••