First Prev
of 2
Next Last
People suck

Stafford, VA

#1 Jan 20, 2014
Why do people come into a restaurant 5 mins before we close and ask, "what time do you close?" Answer, "in 5 mins" they say, "great we have two more people on they're way will you get us a menu?"
That is so completely rude! Then I'm really nice and give them great service and they leave me a 5% tip and in ite me to their church. Like I want to come to your church full of inconsiderate people just like you.
People suck

Stafford, VA

#2 Jan 20, 2014
Their not they're. Invite not in ite Damn autocorrect, fails me again.
money

Branchland, WV

#3 Jan 20, 2014
I guess the same reason people go into a store when it's only open a few more minutes.
someone

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jan 20, 2014
Selfish people that only think about themselves

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#5 Jan 20, 2014
why did you let them in, then?
old fart

United States

#6 Jan 20, 2014
You should have spit in there food on refill if they left a bad tip
old fart

United States

#7 Jan 20, 2014
Or farted at there table while they was eating
People suck

Stafford, VA

#8 Jan 20, 2014
nohalgerg wrote:
why did you let them in, then?
Not my decision. I get paid to do a job and I'll do it the best I can, it just amazes me the inconsiderate nature of people.
Funny guy

Summersville, WV

#9 Jan 21, 2014
Bet you really bitch the other 90% of the time when you close on-time or a few minutes early. What the hell, I work at an office that has posted hours and what do you think I do when a client calls 5 minutes before the end of my day?

5% tip? Got news for you, sounds like the customer still gave YOU something. When will idiots like you realize tips are not mandatory! You receive an hourly salary for the job you do. Oh, it is a FEDERALLY MANDATED minimum wage. Don't like it, have Osama Obama change it. Welcome to a world where the government sets the standard for YOU to live by.

Suck it up a$$hole, the world isn't all about you.

Just because mommy and daddy didn't tell you no isn't my problem. Learn to deal with the real world.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#10 Jan 21, 2014
Funny guy wrote:
Bet you really bitch the other 90% of the time when you close on-time or a few minutes early. What the hell, I work at an office that has posted hours and what do you think I do when a client calls 5 minutes before the end of my day?
5% tip? Got news for you, sounds like the customer still gave YOU something. When will idiots like you realize tips are not mandatory! You receive an hourly salary for the job you do. Oh, it is a FEDERALLY MANDATED minimum wage. Don't like it, have Osama Obama change it. Welcome to a world where the government sets the standard for YOU to live by.
Suck it up a$$hole, the world isn't all about you.
Just because mommy and daddy didn't tell you no isn't my problem. Learn to deal with the real world.
You truly are stupid and clueless. 1st you compare your job to the posters: WRONG!
Is your client going to keep you on the phone for an hour? Does his call involve a bunch of other people in your office?
You are like the typical clueless regional restaurant attender who has zero idea what etiquette is. You expect everything, give nothing in return, and feel self-righteous about it. Its a SERVICE industry. IF you cant add tax and 20% tip to the total of your meal, then DONT GO THERE because that's the REAL nature of that business.
Obama couldnt change the minimum wage if he wanted to, he can only propose it.
Secondly, employers can pay whatever they want, what they cant do is pay nothing ( or in the case of eateries and bars, less than $2.15 an hour.
What you also obviously dont know is that the common salary of servers is $2.15 an hour, which is paid for the IRS to be happy, and after taxes, that usually yields no income at all. i.e., THE JOB IS THE TIPS!!!!! Understand moron?
Funny Guy

Summersville, WV

#11 Jan 21, 2014
Hey nohalgerg, I can't believe you said Lord Osama Obama can't do something. I thought he was the greatest thing in the world and was here to right all wrongs! Why can't (or won't) he fix the disparate minimum wage laws? Maybe it's because he is worthless.

As for my job, I have to talk with the client until they are satisfied. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, an hour...who knows. I have to stay as does my office manager.

As for being a moron, who is the moron here? I didn't stay in a $2.15/hour job forever. I did that long enough to get through school and establish a good work record. I moved on. Unlike some morons, I realized that you can't live on the minimum wage so I made something of myself. Find a better job!

Now you are gonna bitch about a lack of jobs. Again, I thought Barrack the Magnificent fixed everything! But I really don't blame the President here, its the ungrateful slave-drivers that run these companies. How dare they NOT consider consistent high scores on PlayStation as superior job qualifications.

Next time you go someplace like WalMart, or Speedway, or a doctor's office...and you receive outstanding service - LEAVE THAT PERSON A TIP! Would you do that, hell no! But you expect it of someone that goes into a restaurant? What about the checkout girl at WalMart that is trying to raise her 2 kids on what she makes there? Oh, you don't give a crap about her...do you?

Pull you head out of your liberal ass and think for the first time in your pathetic life.

THIS WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING ASSHOLE!
Waiter Later

Decatur, GA

#12 Jan 21, 2014
I was working at Red Lobster. I had a table with two women and a baby, and they had lunch. They put that baby down on the vinyl booth and changed the baby's diaper right there in the restaurant. They LEFT the dirty diaper under the table. I caught them at the door and said " please don't do that again -- that's very unsanitary. Well they played way dumb, complained about me -- I almost got fired and got demoted to expediter in the kitchen .... so tip, you cheap bastards!!
Idk

Huntington, WV

#13 Jan 21, 2014
Funny guy is either irretrievably stupid or being intentionally provocative. He knows how the food service industry works.

On the other hand, to the original poster, many patrons probably consider the closing time to be the point at which the establishment stops seating new tables as opposed to the time that patrons will be run out the door.
Funny guy

Summersville, WV

#14 Jan 21, 2014
Idk wrote:
Funny guy is either irretrievably stupid or being intentionally provocative. He knows how the food service industry works.
On the other hand, to the original poster, many patrons probably consider the closing time to be the point at which the establishment stops seating new tables as opposed to the time that patrons will be run out the door.
To answer your question; intentionally provocative.
Ex Waitress

United States

#15 Jan 21, 2014
Funny Guy wrote:
Hey nohalgerg, I can't believe you said Lord Osama Obama can't do something. I thought he was the greatest thing in the world and was here to right all wrongs! Why can't (or won't) he fix the disparate minimum wage laws? Maybe it's because he is worthless.
As for my job, I have to talk with the client until they are satisfied. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, an hour...who knows. I have to stay as does my office manager.
As for being a moron, who is the moron here? I didn't stay in a $2.15/hour job forever. I did that long enough to get through school and establish a good work record. I moved on. Unlike some morons, I realized that you can't live on the minimum wage so I made something of myself. Find a better job!
Now you are gonna bitch about a lack of jobs. Again, I thought Barrack the Magnificent fixed everything! But I really don't blame the President here, its the ungrateful slave-drivers that run these companies. How dare they NOT consider consistent high scores on PlayStation as superior job qualifications.
Next time you go someplace like WalMart, or Speedway, or a doctor's office...and you receive outstanding service - LEAVE THAT PERSON A TIP! Would you do that, hell no! But you expect it of someone that goes into a restaurant? What about the checkout girl at WalMart that is trying to raise her 2 kids on what she makes there? Oh, you don't give a crap about her...do you?
Pull you head out of your liberal ass and think for the first time in your pathetic life.
THIS WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING ASSHOLE!
How do you know the original poster of this forum isn't trying to put themself through college? Or a single parent trying to survive WITHOUT government assistance? Or a kid straight out of high school? Or even an elder who HAS to pick up another job to make ends meet? Why is it so wrong to EXPECT tips when you wait on tables? At $2.15 an hour, you HAVE to depend on tips to survive financially! I was a waitress for a couple years while I, a single mother of two, put myself through college so I could get a job that provided for myself and my children! Your comments make YOU look like the moron!(An uneducated, self-centered, egotistical moron, at that!) Shame on you! Have some compassion, and try not to be so bitter towards people. That would be a much better look for you!!!

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#16 Jan 21, 2014
Funny Guy wrote:
Hey nohalgerg, I can't believe you said Lord Osama Obama can't do something. I thought he was the greatest thing in the world and was here to right all wrongs! Why can't (or won't) he fix the disparate minimum wage laws? Maybe it's because he is worthless.
As for my job, I have to talk with the client until they are satisfied. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, an hour...who knows. I have to stay as does my office manager.
As for being a moron, who is the moron here? I didn't stay in a $2.15/hour job forever. I did that long enough to get through school and establish a good work record. I moved on. Unlike some morons, I realized that you can't live on the minimum wage so I made something of myself. Find a better job!
Now you are gonna bitch about a lack of jobs. Again, I thought Barrack the Magnificent fixed everything! But I really don't blame the President here, its the ungrateful slave-drivers that run these companies. How dare they NOT consider consistent high scores on PlayStation as superior job qualifications.
Next time you go someplace like WalMart, or Speedway, or a doctor's office...and you receive outstanding service - LEAVE THAT PERSON A TIP! Would you do that, hell no! But you expect it of someone that goes into a restaurant? What about the checkout girl at WalMart that is trying to raise her 2 kids on what she makes there? Oh, you don't give a crap about her...do you?
Pull you head out of your liberal ass and think for the first time in your pathetic life.
THIS WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING ASSHOLE!
King douchebag, who fails at trolling:

No president has the power to raise minimum wage on his own.

You and your manager have to stay overtime? The server, the host, the chef, the prep staff, the dish cleaner, the manager, all had to stay over because of some dickhead who decided to inconvenience everyone else's life schedule so he could eat late and then disrespect them with his ignorance.

I didn't mention staying in a $2.15 job forever. You did.

A lot of servers, who work in regions where the clients are not as all clueless as you, make far above minimum wage, some probably make more than you.

I didn't mention lack of jobs. You did.

Walmart, Speedway and doctors are not in the same pay-system as servers. So, you trying to compare them is childish.

Pull your head out of your conservative ass and think for the first time in your pathetic life.
Funny guy

Summersville, WV

#17 Jan 22, 2014
Ex Waitress wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know the original poster of this forum isn't trying to put themself through college? Or a single parent trying to survive WITHOUT government assistance? Or a kid straight out of high school? Or even an elder who HAS to pick up another job to make ends meet? Why is it so wrong to EXPECT tips when you wait on tables? At $2.15 an hour, you HAVE to depend on tips to survive financially! I was a waitress for a couple years while I, a single mother of two, put myself through college so I could get a job that provided for myself and my children! Your comments make YOU look like the moron!(An uneducated, self-centered, egotistical moron, at that!) Shame on you! Have some compassion, and try not to be so bitter towards people. That would be a much better look for you!!!
My dear Left Coast friend, you didn't answer the question. Why don't you tip someone working at a gas station or retail outlet? Why do you believe the only folks that have it tough are in food service?
Funny guy

Summersville, WV

#18 Jan 22, 2014
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>
King douchebag, who fails at trolling:
No president has the power to raise minimum wage on his own.
You and your manager have to stay overtime? The server, the host, the chef, the prep staff, the dish cleaner, the manager, all had to stay over because of some dickhead who decided to inconvenience everyone else's life schedule so he could eat late and then disrespect them with his ignorance.
I didn't mention staying in a $2.15 job forever. You did.
A lot of servers, who work in regions where the clients are not as all clueless as you, make far above minimum wage, some probably make more than you.
I didn't mention lack of jobs. You did.
Walmart, Speedway and doctors are not in the same pay-system as servers. So, you trying to compare them is childish.
Pull your head out of your conservative ass and think for the first time in your pathetic life.
I see you are a Level 4 idiot, guess that means you take your jammies off and get dressed before you post on here. I'll wait until after your mommy makes you lunch to read your next diatribe.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#19 Jan 22, 2014
I know it's true about changing baby diapers in a restaurant booth. I have seen that happen more than once. Anyone who does that around people who are eating should be made to have their forehead tattooed with some sort of "A-hole" warning, so the rest of us could leave when they come around normal people.
1 post removed
Lycan

United States

#21 Jan 22, 2014
If you`re open one minute or ten hours you`re open. People shouldn`t be allowed in a sec early or a sec late. I think you`re complaining because like you said "people suck". And you`re one of them contributing. You`re literally saying to everyone who reads this that even though the store closes at "Z" you don`t think they should enter after "X".
And by your standard what should the cut off be for your pre closed closing time? If the store changed the operating hours to accomidate your belief would there still be a pre closed closing time or would you be fine if someone showed 5 min till close then too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kellie Blevins Napier 5 min napiers42321 34
anyone know chad brown (May '09) 16 min Samantha 40
smmc board and ceo thread 1 hr Waiting - - - - - - 47
News Presidential search process kicks off next week 1 hr we can tell 108
Search for Marshall President 1 hr C HMcKownJr MD Fo... 26
Rio owner murdered 2 hr anon 8
Justin and Corinthia Turley (Oct '14) 3 hr chay 4
Caserta gets the boot! 7 hr Just saying 28
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]