We the people who suffer with pain pe...

We the people who suffer with pain petition!

Posted in the Huntington Forum

PainAdvocates

Marion, OH

#1 Feb 19, 2010
Urge the State of Ohio to Protect the Rights of People with Pain-Official petition to the Governor of the state of Ohio.

Please sign this petition TODAY to help protect the rights of the American People with pain to make sure they continue to have access to effective pain care treatment, including prescribed opioid medications. Your voice and the voices of other pain advocates are needed to remind decision makers that the lives and livelihoods lost to pain are worth no less than victims of drug misuse or abuse. The State of Ohio needs to hear how vital access to these medications are to people with pain and what tragic results could occur if they were "continued" denied access to these medications or if any additional barriers were created making access more difficult for people who are legitimately prescribed these medications.
Pain is a serious public health issue affecting more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined. More than one-quarter of Americans, age 20 years and over, or an estimated 76.5 million people, report that they have had a problem with pain. The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) is currently working with makers of long-acting opioid pain medications to develop a plan ensuring the benefits of these medications continue to outweigh the risks, including misuse, abuse and accidental overdose. This plan is known as Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies, or REMS. Some of the comments Lawmakers and the State of Ohio has received have called for an outright ban or moratorium on certain opioid pain medications and Pain Clinics. This petition is designed to harness the collective voices of the American people and their right to choice, including patients, providers, family members and friends, and urge the State of Ohio to acknowledge your right to choose your medical provider or treatment accepted. After all, it is your life and freedom! This Petition is to encourage the Lawmakers to use a balanced and rational approach when creating Laws and Restrictions for opioid pain medications in the attempt to curb misuse, abuse, diversion and intentional or unintentional overdose of opioid medications while, also protecting patient access to and safe use of these medications for people who need them.
Please join the fight for your rights in sending an important message to the State of Ohio.
While abuse and misuse of opioid medicines are serious public safety concerns, the State must protect the rights of the millions of people who rely upon prescription opioid medication in order to get up each morning and face their day with some semblance of worth and dignity. Curbing abuse must be balanced with the need for legitimate access to Pain Clinics, Doctors and Pharmacies of your choice!
CLICK LINK BELOW.....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/painpatien...
1 post removed
lol

Gay, WV

#3 Feb 20, 2010
Is this like the pill popper version of NORML?
PainSuffer

Marion, OH

#4 Feb 20, 2010
lol wrote:
Is this like the pill popper version of NORML?
Your real intelligent!
veteran

Winchester, KY

#5 Feb 27, 2010
this should be for the state of west virginia too. i got hurt on the job 16 years ago, now the judges are saying that it was not a job related injury. so i ll have all my meds taken away as well as my pain doctors. also you can t find an attorney to fight for the injured worker. the law judges goes by what their bought off doctors has to say. if you kno of an attorney who will fight for the injured worker, put his or her name on here or the matewan page. thanks
Bob

United States

#6 Feb 27, 2010
Bunch of lazy dope heads. Suck it up and quit whining. "Boo hoo! I got hurt on the job and I need five pounds of Oxycontin per day."
veteran

Winchester, KY

#7 Feb 27, 2010
Bob wrote:
Bunch of lazy dope heads. Suck it up and quit whining. "Boo hoo! I got hurt on the job and I need five pounds of Oxycontin per day."
you are nothing but a no good for nothing punk, you are so strung out on drugs your dopy mind is out in the snow. you got to be a little sissy, a man would know better than to say something like this to a vet who fought for your dope head.
1 post removed
Bob

AOL

#9 Mar 2, 2010
Yeah, I know. Every flyboy who ever flipped a burger in an Air Force chow hall is suddenly a war hero with PTSD and chronic pain. Save it pal. I was there too and I was in the Corps, on the front lines where the real combat is. And I don't need to shoot dope into my veins to deal with it. Loser dope heads. Get a job.
Simply put

Columbus, OH

#10 Mar 13, 2010
W.V. should adopt the Marijuana leaf as itÂ’s state flower. Hippies and hillbillies.
A Thought

Huntington, WV

#11 Mar 13, 2010
I have a friend who after years of taking oral pain medications that he truely did need due to several injuries over the years. A couple of years back he was directed to a pain clinic where they decided that an implanted morphine pump could help him much better, and it has improved his situation. No longer does he have to worry about people stealing his medicine, as well. Now, I am not saying that this course of action would be appropriate for all people in pain, but, it could be something used for people with chronic pain and would weed out the number of people who just go through the system to receive pain medications for the benefit of selling them for extra money. Like I said, 'just a thought'.
linda

San Antonio, TX

#12 Apr 9, 2010
we pain patients need to file a class action lawsuit for pain and suffering, mental anguish. As far as I am concerned the DEA arresting,Inprisoning suspending their license and harrasing pain doctors is government sponsored terrorism on physicians and government sponsored torture to citizens suffering in chronic pain under the guise of their billion dollar budget for their failed drug war, all the while while in Afganastan they scantion poppy farmers
A Mom

Orange, VA

#13 Apr 9, 2010
A Thought wrote:
I have a friend who after years of taking oral pain medications that he truely did need due to several injuries over the years. A couple of years back he was directed to a pain clinic where they decided that an implanted morphine pump could help him much better, and it has improved his situation. No longer does he have to worry about people stealing his medicine, as well. Now, I am not saying that this course of action would be appropriate for all people in pain, but, it could be something used for people with chronic pain and would weed out the number of people who just go through the system to receive pain medications for the benefit of selling them for extra money. Like I said,'just a thought'.
I, also, have a friend that they did that very same thing for.. and it did help him in so many ways. The best part was it helps his pain immensely, and secondly he doesn't have to carry a bag with his medicine in it everywhere he goes so that no one steals it from his home.
I understand both sides of this argument. There are indeed alot of people who are in constant pain and need the medicine. And there are many, many who recieve the meds but don't take them.. usually they need the money more than they need the medication, that they get from selling. So many of our kids are getting hooked on pain meds. Or adults hooked on them and therefore cannot take proper care of their children, their families, their jobs or their selves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
for black people. 4 7 min The prick 35
Amanda Smith (Aug '15) 50 min Karma Will Prevail 8
Is it ok for a 18/19 year old to date a 14 year... 1 hr Bad 2
Marshall you are a total embarrassment to the T... 1 hr South side 3
Why did Marshall leave the MAC 1 hr Pruett- Smart 18
kayla jenkins (Mar '13) 1 hr THAT _GOOD_ GUY 6
Billi Crutcher is hookin again (Aug '15) 1 hr 304 boi 35

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance