Girls Who Are Pregnant & Begging for ...
NewMoon

Charleston, WV

#21 Nov 29, 2013
Ben, I'm honestly trying to make a point here and you just don't get it. I guess I have to ask you one question at a time so you don't get confused.
Do YOU think it is right to INTENTIONALLY get pregnant for the simple fact that a woman needs an increase in foodstamps, TANF, & other government assistance programs?
Ben

United States

#22 Nov 29, 2013
NewMoon wrote:
Ben, I'm honestly trying to make a point here and you just don't get it. I guess I have to ask you one question at a time so you don't get confused.
Do YOU think it is right to INTENTIONALLY get pregnant for the simple fact that a woman needs an increase in foodstamps, TANF, & other government assistance programs?
The thing is that you can't just make a point when there are no facts to back it up. Of course I don't think it is right for someone to cheat the system, but the facts are not hard to track down. TANF benefits do not increase as you have children. The average TANF recipient doesn't even have 2 children. Abuse of government programs is less than 2%. Your "point" is moot. What about that do you refuse to understand?
mr mister

Huntington, WV

#23 Nov 29, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>No, being a lowlife is being anonymous on a message board making fun of people on hard times that are struggling to feed their kids. SNAP benefits come out to like $1.50 per meal I believe. It's not like they're sitting back and collecting fat stacks of cash. You are morally bankrupt.
I know single people who get about 150dollars a month for food stamps. That's 36.50 dollars a week to live on. If you are a smart shopper, that's plenty. If you are complaining about food stamp cuts, then I suggest you work harder to support you and your family. Welfare isn't meant to sustain you, only fill the gaps until you get on your feet. You are not entitled to anything more.
mr mister

Huntington, WV

#24 Nov 29, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not on foodstamps but i DO have an education and can't find a job. So i guess your theory needs some reconsideration eh?

What sort of education? I'm well educated and have never had an issue with getting a job. FYI Walmart is always hiring.
Ben

United States

#25 Nov 29, 2013
mr mister wrote:
<quoted text>
I know single people who get about 150dollars a month for food stamps. That's 36.50 dollars a week to live on. If you are a smart shopper, that's plenty. If you are complaining about food stamp cuts, then I suggest you work harder to support you and your family. Welfare isn't meant to sustain you, only fill the gaps until you get on your feet. You are not entitled to anything more.
Working harder doesn't automatically get you more money. Worker productivity has been increasing for 30+ years while wages have stagnated. And not everyone has the time to get 2 or 3 jobs. With the food stamp cuts that just went into effect, most people don't receive enough to last a whole month so their kids go hungry. Meanwhile families like the Waltons sit back while their inherited money makes them MORE money on Wall Street. Isn't capitalism great?
Ben

United States

#26 Nov 29, 2013
mr mister wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of education? I'm well educated and have never had an issue with getting a job. FYI Walmart is always hiring.
Well having a liberal arts degree like I do doesn't go very far in this economy unfortunately so my best job prospects in this area are in telemarketing. And I wouldn't advocate ANYONE to get a job at walmart considering how poorly they treat their employees. They will be an absolute last resort for me.
DisgustingGovThe ifs

Huntington, WV

#27 Nov 29, 2013
My Gosh Ben through this hole Topix you have single handedly demonstrated the entire problem with America . No responsibility , educated , idiot . You have an education yet no job . You are way to good to work Walmart . And then with no job you don't have time to work 2 or 3 jobs . May I ask what you do with all the non work hours you have ? I believe if correct and pardon me if my non educated mind is wrong , but wouldn't that leave your lazy self about 24 each day to work . How bout quit taking up for the lazy people as yourself / put on your big boy / girl pants , work 8 hours a day at Wal mart then another 3-4 a day at a call center . This will leave your lazy self another 12 hours to sit and sleep . Be a solution to the problem and not be the problem .
Susie

Chesapeake, VA

#28 Nov 29, 2013
NewMoon wrote:
I don't think that it is right when a woman decides to get pregnant and be so irresponsible that they don't even know who the father os their own child is. Then you want to come to everyone else and look for a handout because you can't face the facts that there really isn't anything that you can do about it anyways. I feel sorry for you but maybe you should realize that the children you have now you can't even support them and you already have to depend on the government but on top of that you have to also depend of everyone else to take care of you. I'm so so so tired of having to pay for other people's mistakes. I hope you enjoyed your foodstamps this Thanksgiving.
If you men would keep your "little viannia sausages" in your can, then you wouldn't have to worry about us enjoying your food stamps!
Ben

United States

#29 Nov 29, 2013
DisgustingGovTheifs wrote:
My Gosh Ben through this hole Topix you have single handedly demonstrated the entire problem with America . No responsibility , educated , idiot . You have an education yet no job . You are way to good to work Walmart . And then with no job you don't have time to work 2 or 3 jobs . May I ask what you do with all the non work hours you have ? I believe if correct and pardon me if my non educated mind is wrong , but wouldn't that leave your lazy self about 24 each day to work . How bout quit taking up for the lazy people as yourself / put on your big boy / girl pants , work 8 hours a day at Wal mart then another 3-4 a day at a call center . This will leave your lazy self another 12 hours to sit and sleep . Be a solution to the problem and not be the problem .
Wow. What do you not understand? It's not that I refuse to get a job. The opportunities are not there. You think I want to make no money? It's not like they just hand out jobs. You're missing my whole point, jobs are hard to come by and you don't just find one overnight.
Ben

United States

#30 Nov 29, 2013
I just came across the perfect article for all the sociopaths in this thread:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/28/opinion/kri...
Ben

United States

#31 Nov 29, 2013
Kari

Chicago, IL

#32 Nov 29, 2013
You're both right so what's the argument about 1) new moon you are right about just getting pregnant to use the stem isn't right. For example I know a 40 year ok woman with 6 kids and 2 of them are grown. Each time she feels she is going to get cut off she gets pregnant. She doesn't take care of her kids and sells her food stamps for drugs, they are her drug ticket. And Ben you are also right 2) everybody has hard times and needs help sometimes. It's not as easy as everyone thinks. When people talk about working two or three jobs just to not be on assistance isn't always feesable for some people. It takes money sometimes to work. When you have no money you have no transportation, no way to wash clothes or even buy any especially for a certain dress code or uniform, but that what the help is for. If you have kids it even harder because then you have to worry about childcare expenses and making sure you are available to care for them, doing the most possible isn't always enough. So you both are right. Why are you arguing?
Ben

Huntington, WV

#33 Nov 29, 2013
Kari wrote:
You're both right so what's the argument about 1) new moon you are right about just getting pregnant to use the stem isn't right. For example I know a 40 year ok woman with 6 kids and 2 of them are grown. Each time she feels she is going to get cut off she gets pregnant. She doesn't take care of her kids and sells her food stamps for drugs, they are her drug ticket. And Ben you are also right 2) everybody has hard times and needs help sometimes. It's not as easy as everyone thinks. When people talk about working two or three jobs just to not be on assistance isn't always feesable for some people. It takes money sometimes to work. When you have no money you have no transportation, no way to wash clothes or even buy any especially for a certain dress code or uniform, but that what the help is for. If you have kids it even harder because then you have to worry about childcare expenses and making sure you are available to care for them, doing the most possible isn't always enough. So you both are right. Why are you arguing?
The reason I argue with people about this is because they make sweeping generalizations about the people that have to rely on government assistance. The economy is at a pretty terrible place and people want to have someone to blame so they point their anger toward poor people because they see people like the one you described who may or may not be cheating the system and they assume that's how everyone is.

But the fact is, during hard economic times of course the number of people receiving assistance is going to increase. But that's exactly why those programs exist, that's the whole point of a social safety net. And these programs are very successful because they help over 26 million people from falling into outright poverty.

I'm just passionate about this because I don't agree with individualism for the most part. We're all in this together and you can look to other countries (Scandinavian countries for example) who have a strong safety net and they treat workers fairly and they have very high levels of equality and citizen satisfaction. I want that from my country and I know it's possible, I have absolutely no doubt that we are capable of this as Americans. But we have some large hurdles to overcome and the more that people band together rather than fighting amongst each other, we can move towards that satisfaction quickly and more efficiently.
SMH

Brooklyn, NY

#34 Nov 30, 2013
To the person who started this thread, it sounds like the pregnant one has something you want. It could be a variety of things, but she def has something you want.
1 post removed
NewMoon

Charleston, WV

#36 Dec 1, 2013
Ben, TANf is NOT food stamps. Food stamps are SNAP and yes it does increase with children as does HUD and LEIP WIC and even EIC with children. Just shut up because I'm actually embarrassed for you.
SMH

Brooklyn, NY

#37 Dec 1, 2013
New Moon, STFU
You know so much, TOO MUCH about the system to NOT be on assistance yourself. SMH
Ben2

Huntington, WV

#38 Dec 1, 2013
NewMoon wrote:
Ben, TANf is NOT food stamps. Food stamps are SNAP and yes it does increase with children as does HUD and LEIP WIC and even EIC with children. Just shut up because I'm actually embarrassed for you.
Haha my thoughts exactly .
lol

Venetia, PA

#39 Dec 1, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to the recent food stamp cuts, most SNAP benefits for this month probably ran out long before this week. It must feel good to be so high and mighty. You better hope you're never in a situation where you hit rough times, lowlife.
the low life is the one sitting on their jazz.
NewMoon

Charleston, WV

#40 Dec 1, 2013
SMH wrote:
New Moon, STFU
You know so much, TOO MUCH about the system to NOT be on assistance yourself. SMH
Ben is right in some ways though I admit but you know how I know so much about it? Because I have a family member that does this. Every single time her benefits start getting cut OR one of her sht ton of relationships starting getting rocky she all the sudden becomes pregnant. She's on her 4th child and due in the next month or two. Every single one of her children have a different father too. If they aren't jobs around here then you could also relocate. Another thing, you CAN get uniforms for work because they DHHR have a program and they offer clothing vouchers for a job. Not just for school but also if you are wanting to work and have no way of providing yourself a uniform. Alot of places also offer uniforms and if not they can break it down into paychecks.
I am NOT against welfare if it is used correctly. All these programs are for people that need assistance until they are able to get on their feet but there is no reason what so ever that you should be on it for years and years.
The effort people put into coming up with excuse NOT to work they should take that effort and put into this thing called a job. Word of the day...Job, J-O-B and if that isn't enough then fuigure something out.
I don't think my paycheck should be taxed to death so that a bunch of bums can sit around and get pregnant.
GETTING PREGNANT IS NOT A CAREER CHOICE.
SMH

Brooklyn, NY

#41 Dec 1, 2013
NewMoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ben is right in some ways though I admit but you know how I know so much about it? Because I have a family member that does this. Every single time her benefits start getting cut OR one of her sht ton of relationships starting getting rocky she all the sudden becomes pregnant. She's on her 4th child and due in the next month or two. Every single one of her children have a different father too. If they aren't jobs around here then you could also relocate. Another thing, you CAN get uniforms for work because they DHHR have a program and they offer clothing vouchers for a job. Not just for school but also if you are wanting to work and have no way of providing yourself a uniform. Alot of places also offer uniforms and if not they can break it down into paychecks.
I am NOT against welfare if it is used correctly. All these programs are for people that need assistance until they are able to get on their feet but there is no reason what so ever that you should be on it for years and years.
The effort people put into coming up with excuse NOT to work they should take that effort and put into this thing called a job. Word of the day...Job, J-O-B and if that isn't enough then fuigure something out.
I don't think my paycheck should be taxed to death so that a bunch of bums can sit around and get pregnant.
GETTING PREGNANT IS NOT A CAREER CHOICE.
If a woman decides to get pregnant, it's simply none of your business. If they're on assistance of any kind, it's none of your business. Like I said, this pregnant person has something you want. There's nothing you can do about the situation at hand. Give up!!! You say they're losers and users, and there's still nothing you can do to change anything. Give it up. Your gonna keep your blood pressure up, and cause stress on yourself. Give up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Annoying Person on FB 7 min Curious 17
Dish network referral codes/free Xbox one 11 min Andrew 2
Hillary is finished. Liberals are frauds 11 min MarkJ- 6
went to restaurant today didn't tip 13 min Bacon is Great 66
reparations for blacks 18 min walter 84
Create your own Forum 30 min Sundog512 353
News Presidential search process kicks off next week 1 hr Observer 247
Body found by Gino's 1 hr Observer 85
More from around the web

Personal Finance