First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eddie

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Jan 28, 2014
Does anyone know when disbursements are? Its cheaper for me to buy my books from Ebay than it is the bookstore, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out without a book.

Thanks
phil

Huntington, WV

#2 Jan 29, 2014
If you haven't needed it this long you probably won't need it at all. SMDH
Mntnmomma

United States

#3 Jan 30, 2014
Eddie wrote:
Does anyone know when disbursements are? Its cheaper for me to buy my books from Ebay than it is the bookstore, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out without a book.
Thanks
they told me n financial aid I would have it by feb 1 its killin me I have 2 online classes n no computer so I really need it too
hmmmm

Huntington, WV

#4 Jan 31, 2014
So you need the money to buy a computer ?

[QUOTE who="Mntnmomma"<q uoted text>they told me n financial aid I would have it by feb 1 its killin me I have 2 online classes n no computer so I really need it too[/QUOTE]
student

United States

#5 Jan 31, 2014
It can take up to 7-10 business days before it is issued. Apparently Friday's aren't considered a business day because the school is closed that day.
Mntnmomma

United States

#6 Jan 31, 2014
hmmmm wrote:
So you need the money to buy a computer ?
<quoted text>


U ever wrote a research paper on an android cell phone? Hmmmmmmm? Obviously NOT?
Username

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Jan 31, 2014
Mntnmomma wrote:
<quoted text>U ever wrote a research paper on an android cell phone? Hmmmmmmm? Obviously NOT?
Go to the library. It's full of unused computers...
hmm

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Jan 31, 2014
I need my school money, wah, wah, wah!!!!!!!!! Cry me a river!! Get a part-time job and quit relying on loan checks to live on. It is the same thread every couple months from the school money all stars. Quit whining or get a job and quit living school check to school check. Unless you are in med school, there is no excuse to not at least have a part time job.
1 post removed
dad

Huntington, WV

#10 Feb 1, 2014
Joey wrote:
I don't need a computer but it would beneficial to those who lack the resources needed for online classes to either offer them in a classroom setting or at least open up on the weekends for those of us that work. I have a class that I'm required Office 2013 to which I don't have on my computer. It's difficult to work, go to school, and try to use the lab with their untraditional library hours. The Cabell County Library doesn't even have Office 2013. So I must wait to get my higher education grant money, not loans, to buy office 2013. The bookstore prices are often 100 bucks more than online sites.
Open to Suggestions...
Yes its tough without a computer, my son is in college, first year he is a football player and he starts. Some of his classes require office and windows OS. I only use Linux. Anyway I bought broken laptops cheap and built him one from the broken laptops, I didnt have windows or office, The school techs installed both for him.
Try milton flea market for cheap laptops, I was able to get a broken laptop at goodwill.
I used the hard drive and ram from the goodwill laptop to fix a cheap broken laptop I bought from milton flea market.
dad

Huntington, WV

#11 Feb 1, 2014
Mntnmomma wrote:
<quoted text>they told me n financial aid I would have it by feb 1 its killin me I have 2 online classes n no computer so I really need it too
I think the schools should give the students computers or at least have some that the students can use.
dad

Huntington, WV

#12 Feb 1, 2014
hmm wrote:
I need my school money, wah, wah, wah!!!!!!!!! Cry me a river!! Get a part-time job and quit relying on loan checks to live on. It is the same thread every couple months from the school money all stars. Quit whining or get a job and quit living school check to school check. Unless you are in med school, there is no excuse to not at least have a part time job.
Why be so hateful? I am proud of anyone that goes to college, do you have children? For their sake I hope you don't.
tt

Hockessin, DE

#13 Feb 1, 2014
I thought students can buy it for like ten bucks? At Marshall you could. Not sure about MoneyWest.
Joey wrote:
I don't need a computer but it would beneficial to those who lack the resources needed for online classes to either offer them in a classroom setting or at least open up on the weekends for those of us that work. I have a class that I'm required Office 2013 to which I don't have on my computer. It's difficult to work, go to school, and try to use the lab with their untraditional library hours. The Cabell County Library doesn't even have Office 2013. So I must wait to get my higher education grant money, not loans, to buy office 2013. The bookstore prices are often 100 bucks more than online sites.

Open to Suggestions...
Yeah

Richmond, VA

#14 Feb 1, 2014
Mountwest IT classes are a joke! Outdated courses and their computers are old and crap
yeah right

Salt Rock, WV

#15 Feb 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Mountwest IT classes are a joke! Outdated courses and their computers are old and crap
You obviously do not know what you are talking about. All the computers at mctc are new. What old computer could effectively run office 2013? Are you even in school?
just a suggestion

Salt Rock, WV

#16 Feb 1, 2014
Maybe it is not the best idea to take an online class when you do not have a computer at home when the semester starts.
Joey

Charleston, WV

#17 Feb 1, 2014
I have a computer but I have Office 10 not 13. A lot of people still use 10. To the guy from Marshall, nothing is 10 bucks at MCTC. You can get a 6 month trial for 149.99.
yep

Vienna, WV

#18 Feb 2, 2014
Joey wrote:
I have a computer but I have Office 10 not 13. A lot of people still use 10. To the guy from Marshall, nothing is 10 bucks at MCTC. You can get a 6 month trial for 149.99.
Actually, the 6 month trial is 29.33... call them in the bookstore and ask
Mntnmomma

United States

#19 Feb 2, 2014
just a suggestion wrote:
Maybe it is not the best idea to take an online class when you do not have a computer at home when the semester starts.
Well, first of all I wasnt given an option. The online class I am being forced to take due to the unavailability of it being offered on campus. This is the last class that I need to start my clinical training this fall for Respiratory Therapy. Second, I had a home computer that became non-operational 2wks before school started. Third, money that I sign documents for is for me to purchase school supplies, transportation, room and board. I use this money to only supplement my first income, as I have 3 children, and work, and go to school to better my families future. So if I want to cry all day every day its my right. This school has no right holding my money for any amount of time. It is MY MONEY,I WILL PAY IT BACK, NO ONE ELSE BUT ME! Thank you very much!
Yeah

Richmond, VA

#20 Feb 2, 2014
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not know what you are talking about. All the computers at mctc are new. What old computer could effectively run office 2013? Are you even in school?
lol office 13 doesn't require a high end computer. I worked IT at mctc.he computers are not new. You are an idiot
1 post removed
Yeah

Richmond, VA

#22 Feb 2, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They must hire anyone cause you sure have bad grammar to work in an IT department. Just an FYI, the computers in the lab are all new with Windows 8 and Office 2013.
in the lab, but not the classrooms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm Forming a Political Party and I need help 37 min The Last Warrior ... 18
Democrats want to trade GOP Baubles and Beads 42 min The Last Warrior ... 2
democrats love illegal aliens hate military 46 min The Last Warrior ... 74
Steve 48 min Wondering 1
turning someone in for s.s. disability fraud ? (Jun '12) 1 hr Beep 144
FBI missing messages 12/14/2017 to 5/17/2017 1 hr Blah blah blah 5
Worst place in Huntington to work....... Big Sa... (Oct '15) 1 hr Emsp 62

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages