Stop Tipping Food Servers When They R...

Stop Tipping Food Servers When They R Crappy

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tickedoff At Food Servers

Huntington, WV

#1 Jun 16, 2012
I am sick of seeing all these food servers on Topix complaining about paying customers not tipping well.

Have you thought that maybe YOU are the problem? Maybe you are not as good as you think. I have never stiffed a server for poor service, but I am at a point that I might leave you a note with NO TIP explaining what you could have done better.
agree

Chester, VA

#2 Jun 16, 2012
Agree 100 %
1 post removed
Best thread in history

Charleston, WV

#4 Jun 16, 2012
So true. I'm tired of crummy service in the tri-state area. Listen and learn servers!!
I am a big tipper

Ardsley, NY

#5 Jun 16, 2012
I'm a big tipper when I get great service, but this thread presents a unique and novel approach.
Fat and rich

Huntington, WV

#6 Jun 16, 2012
I eat out all the time. Yes I am fat, but I am rich also. I can afford it, so if you dont like it, kiss my fat a$#% lol.

Only a handfull of times have I received outstanding service around here. Mostly the servers around here are young women or young men who are light on their feet who are more interested in twitter and facebook than they are taking care of their customers.

Here is a free tip, ditch the facial piercings, they do not make you look cool, you look like total idiots with all the extra facial accessories on your mug.
lol removed post

Huntington, WV

#7 Jun 16, 2012
lol, there has already been a post removed. i bet it was from a server who was offended by the o.p.'s post. truth hurts sometimes, don't it?
Level 8

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 16, 2012
I think that would be helpful to get some criticism......if they dont know what they are doing wrong then how can they fix it.......I have heard some places have a cap once they reach a certain point then they share with others (cooks,busboys etc).......and if you are not careful some some places include a tip on the bill.......I almost always tip well the few exceptions I didnt tip well was due to poor service
whiners

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Jun 16, 2012
It's food service, not life or death. Maybe you should try eating at home if you're unhappy with your service....but then who would you have to complain about? I ate out last night, the service was good, food was good, tip was good. Nowhere around here is FINE DINING. You get what you pay for.
million dollar man

Huntington, WV

#10 Jun 16, 2012
whiners wrote:
It's food service, not life or death. Maybe you should try eating at home if you're unhappy with your service....but then who would you have to complain about? I ate out last night, the service was good, food was good, tip was good. Nowhere around here is FINE DINING. You get what you pay for.
u r wrong bro. if you expect a tip but do not provide good service, dont start crying about it.

if i am paying for my meal, i will tip of i get good service. i should be the focus of the server, nothing else matters when i am spending my $$ and they want a piece of it. if they want some of it, they need to earn it. it is a new concept <insert sarcasm>, earning money. just cause u bring me a couple of refills does not mean that u impressed me :\
puzzled

Chester, VA

#11 Jun 16, 2012
jasper ridge wrote:
I think that would be helpful to get some criticism......if they dont know what they are doing wrong then how can they fix it.......I have heard some places have a cap once they reach a certain point then they share with others (cooks,busboys etc).......and if you are not careful some some places include a tip on the bill.......I almost always tip well the few exceptions I didnt tip well was due to poor service
I don't agree with tipping out people already making minimum wage-
App for iPhone

Ardsley, NY

#12 Jun 16, 2012
hey peeps, is there an app 4 iPhones that has local restaraunt ratings? it might help us avoid the places who have terrible servers.
puzzle solver

Huntington, WV

#13 Jun 16, 2012
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with tipping out people already making minimum wage-
i did not think they made min wage??? idk. might be a rumor.
kelly

United States

#14 Jun 16, 2012
puzzled-servers dont make minimum wage! They make like 2 bucks an hour

“You are your own worst enemy.”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15 Jun 16, 2012
I always tip well if my server did his or her job well. I have not ever stiffed a waiter but I have given very small tips. I think I need to leave the US as we're pretty much the only ones who tip and other countries laugh for giving servers extra for doing the same dang job.
they make more than that

Huntington, WV

#16 Jun 16, 2012
kelly wrote:
puzzled-servers dont make minimum wage! They make like 2 bucks an hour
if they make 2 bucks an hour and they wait on 2 tables in an hour that leave a 5 buck tip each, they just made 12 dollars for an hour. oh, and do they report their cash tips????? hmmmmmmm....
Hey are u serious

Charleston, WV

#17 Jun 16, 2012
Sober Thoughts wrote:
I always tip well if my server did his or her job well. I have not ever stiffed a waiter but I have given very small tips. I think I need to leave the US as we're pretty much the only ones who tip and other countries laugh for giving servers extra for doing the same dang job.
I didn't know that about others countries. Why do we do the tipping thing here?
kelly

United States

#18 Jun 16, 2012
But most people dont leave more than a couple dollars as a tip..'puzzled' said he would not tip someone who is "already" making min wage...and 2 bucks an hour isnt min wage last I checked. Reread more carefully next time
they make more than that wrote:
<quoted text>
if they make 2 bucks an hour and they wait on 2 tables in an hour that leave a 5 buck tip each, they just made 12 dollars for an hour. oh, and do they report their cash tips????? hmmmmmmm....
they make more than that

Huntington, WV

#19 Jun 16, 2012
kelly wrote:
But most people dont leave more than a couple dollars as a tip..'puzzled' said he would not tip someone who is "already" making min wage...and 2 bucks an hour isnt min wage last I checked. Reread more carefully next time
<quoted text>
.

Oh, come on. Most people only leave a 2 dollars per tip? I do not believe that.

Ok, lets say that all of them only leave a 2 dollar tip. If you get 4 customers an hour (very conservative) x 2 bucks = 8 dollars plus your alleged 2 dollar hourly wage = 10 bucks an hour. Still not to bad for an unskilled trade. btw, do they or do they not report tips???? hmmm...
jane

United States

#20 Jun 16, 2012
Lets try this again. I was responding to 'puzzled' who said he would not tip bc they already make min wage. But they do not make minimum wage before tips, so what he said made no sense. I never said they make 2 bucks an hour altogether. What are you not getting? And I have no way of knowing if they do or dont report tips.
they make more than that wrote:
<quoted text>.
Oh, come on. Most people only leave a 2 dollars per tip? I do not believe that.
Ok, lets say that all of them only leave a 2 dollar tip. If you get 4 customers an hour (very conservative) x 2 bucks = 8 dollars plus your alleged 2 dollar hourly wage = 10 bucks an hour. Still not to bad for an unskilled trade. btw, do they or do they not report tips???? hmmm...
Underworked overpaid

Ardsley, NY

#21 Jun 16, 2012
Some of the "servers" around these parts think they are entitled to tips and don't realize they need to earn the money. It ain't charity, ya know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is Stacey Blue (Jan '14) 51 min John 10
Jamie johnson 1 hr ETC 3
Prettiest hooker in Huntington 1 hr Simpleton 28
Unhappy endings 1 hr Bobby 7
Marcum Terrace 1 hr Huntington 1
Bye bye hpd....... 1 hr Mmx5 17
Every law enforcement officer in Huntington sh... 2 hr Trumpster 32
America Held Hostage Day 1 2 hr Trumpster 86
Huge Layoffs coming 6 hr Seynour Butts 52

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages