Who is THE BEST Lawyer?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Really

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2012
Need some advice?
TJJ

Fincastle, VA

#2 Jan 8, 2012
Chad Lovejoy, hands down. He does not even have any competition around here, in my opinion.
Just Depends

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 8, 2012
Each has a particular field of practice, so it depends on HOW you need a lawyer to help you.

If you are looking for family law, I think Jennifer Ransbottom or Krista Conway are the best

If you are looking for a defense attorney, Rich Weston is probably the best right now.

If you are looking for a tax / bankruptcy attorney, I'd probably go with Jenkins Fenstermaker

Not sure who I'd pick for personal injury
annon

Barberton, OH

#4 Jan 8, 2012
Divorce, Jennifer Ransbottom, Criminal Ron Hatfield
jesse pinkman

United States

#5 Jan 8, 2012
better call saul!
Rombus

Huntington, WV

#6 Jan 8, 2012
Just Depends wrote:
Each has a particular field of practice, so it depends on HOW you need a lawyer to help you.

If you are looking for family law, I think Jennifer Ransbottom or Krista Conway are the best

If you are looking for a defense attorney, Rich Weston is probably the best right now.

If you are looking for a tax / bankruptcy attorney, I'd probably go with Jenkins Fenstermaker

Not sure who I'd pick for personal injury
Interesting how certain circles run together.
I know one

Huntington, WV

#7 Jan 22, 2012
Chuck Amos is awesome ! He handled my family court matter for visitations with my childs father. He worked well with me. He can come off as a bit of an asshole...lol....but he just tells you like it is. He does not sugar coat anything. He is open and upfront with you. And he fights for you.
wondering

Huntington, WV

#8 Jan 22, 2012
What about David Lockwood for divorce?
mike

Wheeling, WV

#9 Jan 23, 2012
dont do it it sucks work it out
Trust me

Huntington, WV

#10 Jan 23, 2012
Victory Navey
someone who really knows

United States

#11 Jan 25, 2012
The truth is that it really does matter the type of case you have. Here's the best way to go about this. Figure out the type of case you have - divorce, criminal, personal injury, etc. Then go to Martindale.com , the leading rating organization of lawyers. Avoid those organizations that just recommend lawyers who pay - Best Lawyers in America, etc. Pick someone who is AV rated by Martindale (The highest possible) for the type of case you have and call the lawyer. If they can't help you they will be able to give you a good recommendation. And above all, avoid recommendations from "someone who heard from a friend" or "he was my lawyer" kind of people. And to prove my point here, let me give you some info on the names that I see here: Amos is about to lose his law license, at least temporarily. Ransbottom is very good. Hatfield is very young and lacks much experience. Lovejoy is good in PI cases and tech cases, but there are better in PI cases. Vic Navy is not the best. Lockwood is or was very good, but is retired or mostly retired with a heart condition. Weston is young and out of his element on anything but criminal cases. Best tax attorney in town wasn't even mentioned, and he isn't at JF. Eddie Cunningham at Huddleston. Lawyers themselves hire Eddie for personal reasons. That tells you everything.
DotsRight

Huntington, WV

#12 Jan 25, 2012
Best lawyer? Always pick the one with the biggest fridge magnet ad on the front, when they deliver your new phone book. If someone stole the fridge magnet, go thru the yellow pages and pick the one with the full page ad and a giant photo of themselves with farrah fawcett blow-out hair and fake looking teeth. You can't go wrong. ;) lol...

seriously, whatever one you think you might hire, check their listing in the phone book. If they actually have a small, very quiet, reserved looking ad, it's a sign of being very successful, and that they rely more on word-of-mouth than "used-car-salesman" antics.

The toughest lawyer I ever knew had nothing in the phone book but his name, in the business listings, not the yellow pages. He never lost and it was absolutely wonderful to watch him work a courtroom.
Deb

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Jan 25, 2012
rich weston
JustSaying

Huntington, WV

#14 Jan 25, 2012
Deb wrote:
rich weston
Agreed 100%
MadHatter

United States

#15 Jan 29, 2012
Has anyone hired Vital
nunya

Hermitage, TN

#16 Jan 29, 2012
someone who really knows wrote:
The truth is that it really does matter the type of case you have. Here's the best way to go about this. Figure out the type of case you have - divorce, criminal, personal injury, etc. Then go to Martindale.com , the leading rating organization of lawyers. Avoid those organizations that just recommend lawyers who pay - Best Lawyers in America, etc. Pick someone who is AV rated by Martindale (The highest possible) for the type of case you have and call the lawyer. If they can't help you they will be able to give you a good recommendation. And above all, avoid recommendations from "someone who heard from a friend" or "he was my lawyer" kind of people. And to prove my point here, let me give you some info on the names that I see here: Amos is about to lose his law license, at least temporarily. Ransbottom is very good. Hatfield is very young and lacks much experience. Lovejoy is good in PI cases and tech cases, but there are better in PI cases. Vic Navy is not the best. Lockwood is or was very good, but is retired or mostly retired with a heart condition. Weston is young and out of his element on anything but criminal cases. Best tax attorney in town wasn't even mentioned, and he isn't at JF. Eddie Cunningham at Huddleston. Lawyers themselves hire Eddie for personal reasons. That tells you everything.
Hatfield's very young huh? He's been practicing for 11 years.
nunya

Hermitage, TN

#17 Jan 29, 2012
MadHatter wrote:
Has anyone hired Vital
Which one, there are at least three and of extremely varying talents.

KnightMoves
Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Traveling Onward

#18 Jan 29, 2012
Weston.
AJC

Masontown, WV

#19 Jan 29, 2012
poor eastoff.
MadHatter

United States

#20 Jan 30, 2012
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one, there are at least three and of extremely varying talents.
Matt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is toast 4 min The rest of the s... 46
A Kabal of UN actors is running your govt 16 min -zaphod- 2
Robin's Rants 24 min Really 6
Yall finished or yall done 27 min Angel 5
Jumol Scott 31 min Really 16
GD Ritzy's--BEWARE (Sep '10) 1 hr seen it first hand 27
Its not racism, we just want a clean community 2 hr The Responsible N... 146
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages