First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Brea, CA

#1 Feb 1, 2011
Just wondering if they were...and if so does anybody know what the aptitude. Test consists of?
iKnow

Huntington, WV

#2 Feb 1, 2011
Wondering wrote:
Just wondering if they were...and if so does anybody know what the aptitude. Test consists of?
No. They're over staff right now. The aptitude tests are basic, but require you to be attentive to detail.
Wondering

Brea, CA

#3 Feb 1, 2011
Thanks for the info...don't know if ur a employee or not but I heard the rumor was that there was a big group ready to retire..by any chance would you know hire in scale and what full scale pay is?
Idkbut

Brea, CA

#4 Feb 1, 2011
I heard that they were hiring about 2 or 3 weeks ago...but who knows if there was any truth in that lol!
jabo

United States

#5 Feb 1, 2011
Starting pay is 18.05 per hour
I know for sure

Huntington, WV

#6 Feb 3, 2011
I work there and they have been hiring. Starting pay is 16.05 then u have 3 evals to do after each one u get a dollar raise. Depending on the dept. After u 525 hrs I'n u will either be making 18.05 or 19.05. They are still testing and hiring. Good luck.
MotorPsycho

Huntington, WV

#7 Feb 4, 2011
I know doesn't know shit.They are going to hire I know 15 more guys. You will start at 15.05 an hr for the first 175 hrs, then you get a dollar raise, to 16.05. Once you hit 350 hrs you move up to 17.05 an hour and after you complete your probationary time and get in the Union at 525 hrs you get 18.05 /hr. That is for production workers. Electricians, and Millwrights, and Operators make a dollar more on the hour.

The Aptitude Test these days are sufficient enough to weed out most people who are total idiots, although some do luck out and by guessing on the test seem to get through. They usually weed themselves out though within a few months.
jabo

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Feb 4, 2011
Swva isn't hiring right now..if u go to there website it says that they are not taking applications at this time.
Dixie

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 4, 2011
They posted a bunch of jobs on Workforce WV website. Oh and FYI...I heard they do hair drug tests. So make sure you can pass a hair test.
MotorPsycho

Huntington, WV

#10 Feb 5, 2011
Not accepting applications does not mean NOT HIRING. It means we have a pool of over 500 applicants already who have already submitted via the website and are choosing from those in the pool. SO, Once again, if you are in the pool, SWVA is hiring, and Dixie, you are right, you will take a hair sample drug screen if selected to move further in the hiring process.
Very interested

Huntington, WV

#11 Feb 6, 2011
Re of motor psycho. Guess it depends which area you hire In at. I do know what i stated is the pay for the melt shop. Thats where I'm at. So to ur rude comment guess u are wrong on that aspect. Sorry!! Gotta go. Time to go to work!!
Trent

Huntington, WV

#12 Feb 15, 2011
The furnace operators should be the highest paid group in the plant. Dunno why millwrights and the brick gang make more on the hour....
Looking

United States

#13 Feb 16, 2011
I'm thankful for what i do make. It is what it is nothing we can do about it til contract time. But just glad to have a good paying job this day and time.
Truth

United States

#14 Feb 22, 2011
Most of you all couldn't last one day in this place.
Snokey

Huntington, WV

#15 Feb 22, 2011
Cut to Length
Crazy

Brea, CA

#16 Feb 22, 2011
Haha...that place is Childs play to a refinery!!!
Hot Stuff

Huntington, WV

#17 Feb 23, 2011
Melt SHop BABY !!
my back hurts

Middleboro, MA

#18 Feb 23, 2011
Most horrible place I ever worked (swv). The way they treat their employees is just..well.
I don't care what the $pay$ is, it isn't worth the crap you have to put up with !
Looking

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Feb 24, 2011
Love it I'n the melt shop!!!
my back hurts

Middleboro, MA

#20 Feb 24, 2011
Worked the melt shop for like wow, 15 yrs? or so. Until my on the job, life-changing, back injury. Then was 'shown the door' after bout 21 yrs total.
State of WV allows *self insured* companies to take care of their own claims. OMG.
Nothing but praise, until my injury. Then, the slander was just horrible.
Then, taking but 1 week off for dads death, had a super poke my chest repeatedly, hard, saying he'd wrote me up for every day I was off.
Human Services idiot said , "he knew why you were off, he was just messing with you" .
Nice huh !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joey thomas 6 min no doubt 6
Curious 7 min Prettybee 1
MARSHALL claim To Fame isn't What YOU think HERD 10 min Pot calling kettl... 77
WVU Beats Baylor, Fans Riot Like Ferguson MO 12 min Big Green 18
Kentucky Basketball ! Its almost time 18 min Blue 10
Looking to Make Extra $ for Christmas!! Any job... 21 min the28thletter 45
advice 21 min Eddie Murphy 6
Huntington Dating
Find my Match

Huntington People Search