Are Americans becoming MORE Racist?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Professor Curious

Huntington, WV

#1 Sep 5, 2013
I'd like to hear opinions. It appears to me that Americans are becoming more racially divided, not less. You hear things in the media now that you just didn't hear 20 years ago. Do you agree? What do you think might be causing this?
USA

Huntington, WV

#2 Sep 5, 2013
Professor Curious wrote:
I'd like to hear opinions. It appears to me that Americans are becoming more racially divided, not less. You hear things in the media now that you just didn't hear 20 years ago. Do you agree? What do you think might be causing this?
First of all the media is either far left or far right. I believe 50% of what is broadcasted to American people. I believe our country as a whole believes that hard work and values get you far in life. There is another part of America that thinks it's perfectly acceptable to sit around and collect a government check. It's not a race issue at all to me. I see plenty of people of every race pocketing my money I've worked hard for. I believe it's a lack of knowing right from wrong.
Lucas Bias

Charleston, WV

#3 Sep 6, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>First of all the media is either far left or far right. I believe 50% of what is broadcasted to American people. I believe our country as a whole believes that hard work and values get you far in life. There is another part of America that thinks it's perfectly acceptable to sit around and collect a government check. It's not a race issue at all to me. I see plenty of people of every race pocketing my money I've worked hard for. I believe it's a lack of knowing right from wrong.
I am not truly racist but enjoy provoking blacks sometimes lol
Derper

Huntington, WV

#4 Sep 6, 2013
Lucas Bias wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not truly racist but enjoy provoking blacks sometimes lol
Ummmm....okaaaay.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#5 Sep 6, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all the media is either far left or far right. I believe 50% of what is broadcasted to American people. I believe our country as a whole believes that hard work and values get you far in life. There is another part of America that thinks it's perfectly acceptable to sit around and collect a government check. It's not a race issue at all to me. I see plenty of people of every race pocketing my money I've worked hard for. I believe it's a lack of knowing right from wrong.
I don't even believe half. I think only about 20% of the news is based on solid fact. Terrible that I feel that way. And for the record, I do think people are becoming way more racist, and I think they are a lot more open about it than they were in the 80's, the Reagan era. I don't know why, but it's interesting.

Level 5

Since: Sep 13

Arcadia, CA

#6 Sep 6, 2013
Professor Curious wrote:
I think your observation is flawed, so your question is not germane.
flunk obama

Charleston, WV

#7 Sep 6, 2013
well i did not grow up here it was in chicago' and it was bad then were i grew up now is all black'another nice town was cicero' now its 94% mexs ty obama' for giving a free card to millions of fence jumpers' like your self who was born in kenna' yes this country has went to the dogs' whites are only 40% now' the rest are breading like rabbets to get that check.Blacks have took over ever major city in the usa' dc is 85% blacks and so on look it up on googel
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#8 Sep 6, 2013
I feel the liberal media has alot to do with racism. Its not fair or balanced. Racism perpetrated by whites gets exaggerated or fabricated entirely while that from blacks goes unreported. This only serves to inflame and creates more hatred from blacks because their egos will never get over the fact we were their masters at one time.It also angers whites who see the double standards,lies and hypocrisy of ass kissing politically correct whites who are the first to point fingers at their own race but excusing the blacks of the same if not worse offenses.There is no truth among many liberal shitbags who abuse their position of power and/or have the ear of the people.
Lycan

United States

#9 Sep 7, 2013
An American living in the 21st century knows racism like a 3rd worlder 100 yrs ago knows about Union Workers Rights.

I believe the "racism" the OP is refering about is called opinions and attitudes. Hardly the same thing. Policing
attitudes and opinions is like policing taste buds. Now many will argue that "education" and "integration" will resolve "racisim". It`s a champion bumper sticker slogan. And that`s where reality comes in. You can`t call it education when you ignore facts, stats, and real observations, and it`s targeted for a specific group of people. It`s called indoctrination.

America isn`t "more" racist. It suffering from backlash, and hemmoraging from political correct indoctrination.
1 post removed
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#11 Sep 7, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
Big surprise.
All the ignorant bigots patting each other on the back.
Why don't you morons just hump each other already?
You miserable failures deserve each other.
At least we dont get humped by blacks.Thats your preference.

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#12 Sep 7, 2013
America is NOT becoming more racist.
It is just that the racist are ignorant and loud.
1 post removed
Professor Curious

Huntington, WV

#14 Sep 7, 2013
Well, this deteriorated quickly. Personally, I think we are becoming more racially divided than we seemed to be in the 80s and early 90s. I must agree that crimes by whites against blacks seem to get an inordinate amount of attention. And you never see anything about Native American crime on television. It's as if it doesn't happen. A few months back I read on the internet about an Indian who committed a horrible child murder on a reservation, but it was never reported on any tv news source. It was the kind of thing Nancy Grace would have wallowed in, but it was only on the net, as far as I could determine.

Level 5

Arcadia, CA

#15 Sep 7, 2013
Professor Curious wrote:
Well, this deteriorated quickly. Personally, I think we are becoming more racially divided than we seemed to be in the 80s and early 90s. I must agree that crimes by whites against blacks seem to get an inordinate amount of attention. And you never see anything about Native American crime on television. It's as if it doesn't happen. A few months back I read on the internet about an Indian who committed a horrible child murder on a reservation, but it was never reported on any tv news source. It was the kind of thing Nancy Grace would have wallowed in, but it was only on the net, as far as I could determine.
I look at the anecdotal evidence and see less racial division. More objective measures are needed.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#16 Sep 7, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Zing!
Hey good one gramps. Your meth addled brain is really firing on all cylinders today. You left out the fact that I'm godless in your racist gay joke though.
Meth is for secluded social pariahs who do no work but troll topix all day and night like yourself. Im a conservative hard working man about town(ask your mom) that pays for you to sit at home and live off my taxes and/or sit in a classroom getting indoctrinated by likewise reprobate minded professors through student loans i pay for. Only weak minded people like yourself can be so easily influenced
Pete Roberts

United States

#17 Sep 7, 2013
I'm a racist and proud of it. Blacks should be hung and Mexicans shot.
1 post removed
Professor Curious

Huntington, WV

#19 Sep 7, 2013
Pete Roberts wrote:
Well, you get points for being honest. At least we know where you stand.

Level 5

Arcadia, CA

#20 Sep 7, 2013
Pete Roberts wrote:
Are we getting close to rock bottom in this thread?
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#21 Sep 7, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you pay for my scholarship too? Now that I'm done with school and pay more taxes than you've ever earned should you just shut up or continue to blather?
Actually im retired from one job and started another 9 yrs ago.
And thats not counting my investments and properties.I could buy and sell you like a SLAVE. OOPS! There i go again with that damn
bigotry.
1 post removed
Derper

Huntington, WV

#23 Sep 7, 2013
Zaphod has a memory like an elephant, ya gotta give him that.

I think if we are honest, we all have some racism inside. It's how we express it (or better yet, DON'T express it) that reveals our character. I'll admit I sometimes think racist thoughts. I'm not proud of it. And I'll admit as I've grown older, those thoughts have become stronger. It's just the truth, sad though it is.

Level 5

Arcadia, CA

#24 Sep 7, 2013
Derper wrote:
Zaphod has a memory like an elephant, ya gotta give him that.
I think if we are honest, we all have some racism inside. It's how we express it (or better yet, DON'T express it) that reveals our character. I'll admit I sometimes think racist thoughts. I'm not proud of it. And I'll admit as I've grown older, those thoughts have become stronger. It's just the truth, sad though it is.
I think that "racism" is an innate condition of the human animal. I put racism in quotes, because it's really how we relate within our group, our tribe, and how we react to those outside our immediate circle.

With apologies to those who don't accept evolution as a basis for observing the human condition, think of an extended tribe of a few thousand people happily living in some secluded valley and fully adapted to the environment. Any intruder, particularly a male, is dangerous, for the introduction of foreign DNA into the community is potentially damaging.

You see teenage boys showing aggression to new students, particularly males, transferring to a school. It's 4.6 billion years of evolution at work. Males and even females lambast women who show the faintest hint of promiscuity--we're protecting the tribe fom foreign DNA. Men of course,in a clear double standard, are celebrated for their prowess. Within reason, we can impregnate who we want. It may upset the social order, but it doesn't introduce foreign DNA into the tribe. It doesn't matter to the tribe what damage a male does to others. So males get a pass on promiscuity; women become social pariahs.

So as I see it, racism, and similar -isms, are simply an evolutionary maladaption just like, say, our drive to eat fatty foods: essential a few million years ago, but unnecessary and harmful today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Ear seen beating wife again! (Allegedly) 24 min Wilbur 5
Tim Ear double U ese Z back to his old wife bea... 27 min Wilbur 9
Kama Bailey Reynolds poop stink? 31 min Trevor 1
Kama Bailey Reynolds take D in the B? 39 min D in the B 4 life 1
Kama Bailey Reynolds cheated on husband? 48 min tim teabow 2
what happened to diane bess? (Jan '14) 2 hr justice 43
Nane that street walker 2 hr capt crutch 2
Worst boss in Huntington (Mar '11) 4 hr jason 333
Huntington Dating
Find my Match