Best Pizza in or near Huntington?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Pizza mmm

Huntington, WV

#1 Apr 7, 2011
Would like some opinions on the best Pizza.

Years ago there was a place called either Romeo's or Romero's Pizza on 4th ave near campus. they sold pizza by the slice, the slices were HUGE though, it was such good pizza but shut down years ago. It was replaced by 4 to 4, which was good, but not great.

Now I think Husson's in the best but I'm sure there are places that I haven't tried, any suggestions?

I've had all the major pizza names (Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Ginos etc) and I've also had Z brick (A friend told me good things, but it was a major disappointment when I finally got one. Did I just get a rare bad one or has anyone else been disappointed by them? I got Giovanni's on 3rd one time...they used salami instead of pepperoni which tasted disgusting to me, but my roommate enjoyed it but I still I haven't decided to give them a second chance yet. I've also had Monty's on I think 6th Ave. It was good, not great though. What else is there that's good? Yeah I know I good just open the yellow pages, but I'd like some opinions before spending the money.
LKJ

Huntington, WV

#2 Apr 7, 2011
Daniello's (on 4th, I think?)is surprisingly good, much better than the big chains or Gino's (blech). Evaroni's in Kenova is the best, of course.
slim

Ashland, KY

#3 Apr 7, 2011
Grazionos in Hurricane
the best pizza and calzones on the planet
anonymous

Youngstown, OH

#4 Apr 7, 2011
Z brick on route 60 is really good.
mmmmm

Huntington, WV

#5 Apr 7, 2011
Pizza mmm wrote:
Would like some opinions on the best Pizza.

Years ago there was a place called either Romeo's or Romero's Pizza on 4th ave near campus. they sold pizza by the slice, the slices were HUGE though, it was such good pizza but shut down years ago. It was replaced by 4 to 4, which was good, but not great.

Now I think Husson's in the best but I'm sure there are places that I haven't tried, any suggestions?

I've had all the major pizza names (Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Ginos etc) and I've also had Z brick (A friend told me good things, but it was a major disappointment when I finally got one. Did I just get a rare bad one or has anyone else been disappointed by them? I got Giovanni's on 3rd one time...they used salami instead of pepperoni which tasted disgusting to me, but my roommate enjoyed it but I still I haven't decided to give them a second chance yet. I've also had Monty's on I think 6th Ave. It was good, not great though. What else is there that's good? Yeah I know I good just open the yellow pages, but I'd like some opinions before spending the money.
DONATOS in ashland hAs the best pizza around
Chef Boyardee

Hansford, WV

#6 Apr 7, 2011
This town wouldn't know a good pizza if it got hit in the azz with one. If you are ever in NYC, try Lombardi's in Little Italy. You will be ruined for life.
Pizza mmm

Huntington, WV

#7 Apr 7, 2011
anonymous wrote:
Z brick on route 60 is really good.
Ever had it from the 4th ave location? That's where I got mine and the sauce was really watery and the crust was super thin. I don't mind thin crust, but this was just ridiculously thin. I would imagine the recipes are the same for both locations, maybe I just ordered mine on a night when they were low on sauce and dough and had to improvise, but I'm pretty hesitant to give them another chance even at their second location.

Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions, I haven't heard of most of these places so next time I'm near their respective locations I will definitely try them out. Thanks.
ckgirl

Huntington, WV

#8 Apr 7, 2011
Evaronies in ceredo

Since: Oct 10

Ridgeview, WV

#9 Apr 7, 2011
Definitely evaronis
momof3

Huntington, WV

#10 Apr 7, 2011
I had daniellios on 4th didn't care much for it. I had hussons on 4th it was pretty good. Montys is always good... Zbrick on 4th wasn't very good but te one on rt 60 is really good but a Lil far to drive if you are in town everonies in kenova is great but again a Lil far to drive but a nice sit down place. Don't care for genos... And giavonies on 3rd is also a good place to order from consistent..... There is my 2 cents
hey

South Hill, VA

#11 Apr 7, 2011
Evaronis is nasty, the sauce tastes like ketchup. i love the sign that says"in all the world theres only one evaronis" i thank god there is only one. if u are evr in Gallipolis there is a larobis that is wonderful
Pie Eater

Huntington, WV

#12 Apr 10, 2011
Giovanni's doesnt use salami, it is just big diameter pepperoni! The one at crossroads had slipped for a while, but it now has a new owner and is back to being hands down the best pie in town.

I like the giovannis by the stadium as well, but they never remember to cut my pizza in squares.

Other than giovanni's my second vote would be monty's.
Hmmmm

Daniels, WV

#13 Apr 10, 2011
How about Fred's in Wheelersburg? Definitely worth the drive for their pizza.
Peterschmidt

Proctorville, OH

#14 Apr 10, 2011
Lombardi's for sure! Then over for some Rice To Riches!
Abberjabs

Hadley, PA

#15 Apr 11, 2011
The best pizza ever, in my opinion, would either be Husson's pizza downtown near Latta's, or Rocky Tops, right across from CK
pop icon

Ashland, KY

#16 Apr 13, 2011
I like Zanzi's. It's only a buck more than Little Ceasar's but quite a bit better, seems like.
2 posts removed
toby

United States

#19 Apr 14, 2011
WTF wrote:
W t f ???
monty's on 7th ave. has some good stuff.
jenna

United States

#20 Apr 14, 2011
Z brick rt 60 is wonderful!!!!!!
Anonymous

United States

#21 Apr 14, 2011
Z Brick
Jade

Huntington, WV

#22 Apr 15, 2011
Bellacino's is pretty good. I ate there for the first time the other day and was surprised by how good and different it tasted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 487 55 min MarkJ- 3
Red-headed hooker on 10th and Washington 1 hr wks4skool 5
What happened to Bowinkle 1 hr Noone 7
McDonalds Boycott 2 hr big b 27
I thought you libs impeached Trump? 2 hr PreachIT Hypocrites 47
Conservative? 2 hr Boris 82
Pranks to play on annoying neighbors (Dec '13) 2 hr Karmaisabitchshutup 235
texas shooting 3 hr Silent Majority 121

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance