Tootache, no insurance, what to do?

Tootache, no insurance, what to do?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Tootache

Huntington, WV

#1 Dec 17, 2011
I've been having a toothache for a couple of days now. I'm planning to get insurance coverage with my financial aid, but it doesn't go into effect until the first of January, and the coverage won't start til the first of February. Is there any dentists in Huntington or surrounding areas that have payment plans or cheap check-ups? The pain is starting to drive me crazy! Thanks.
Toothache

Huntington, WV

#2 Dec 17, 2011
And I apologize beforehand about my ability to spell 'toothache.' I guess my hand just didn't feel like reaching for the h. I'm sorry!
the answer

Proctorville, OH

#3 Dec 17, 2011
Try Valley Health in westmoreland in west virginia. It is a clinic and uses a sliding scale. The fee is based on your income. That is the only one that I know of. Good luck.

Since: Oct 11

South Hill, VA

#4 Dec 17, 2011
Valley health on 9th ave does the same as the west end one if it's closer to u:-)
that sux

Hurricane, WV

#5 Dec 17, 2011
Luvingme26 wrote:
Valley health on 9th ave does the same as the west end one if it's closer to u:-)
Fort Gay too.
really

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Dec 17, 2011
dr adkins in wayne is cheap. he does extractions for 50. if your abcessed your first visit will be 45. it's a bit of a drive but atleast hes reasonable
1 post removed

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

United States

#8 Dec 17, 2011
A full round of antibiotics will cure it temporarily. Avoid chewing on that side till you can get it fixed. Antibiotics should kick in within a day or so. If the pain is unbearable, a small piece of bread placed over it will offer immediate relief.

Good luck. Been there, myself

Level 2

Since: Dec 11

Huntington, WV

#9 Dec 17, 2011
Clove oil will help with a aching tooth
that sucks

South Hill, VA

#10 Dec 17, 2011
i feel your pain.... been there, done that
i always used oraGel and lay get some antibiotics ASAP!
Aspen Dental

Ashland, KY

#11 Dec 17, 2011
You could try calling Aspen Dental located in Ashland at the Ashland Town Center Mall. They offer flexible payment plans and they did have a special offer for new patients, the first exam and x-rays if needed were free. The whole point of Aspen Dental is to make dental care affordable for everyone so hopefully they can help.
ThreeOhFour

United States

#12 Dec 17, 2011
Most dental offices now offer a payment system called Care Credit. It's basically a line of credit and I know you probably don't want any more credit card debt, but it's better than nothing when you're hurting. Plus, if you're only using it for the instance, it shouldn't matter. Good luck!
fish scales

United States

#13 Dec 18, 2011
Just do some coke. It'll numb your whole face. Toothache will be the last thing on your mind
Oscar

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Dec 18, 2011
See a proctoligst for a "toot"ache.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trumps tax plan 52 min The Saint 56
Lance & Heath Beaman's sister (Oct '10) 1 hr Big Black Bockee 23
Woman wanted for threesome!!! 1 hr Lovinlife789 1
Democrats highest to receive govt assistance. 1 hr Big Black Bockee 14
mixed nuts 2 1 hr trin fa 236
Laura H (Sep '13) 1 hr snickers 12
Stripper at JB's 2 hr kennedy 6

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance