First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Always somthin

Branchland, WV

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Anyone heard about more lay offs? Or the Burnaugh plant loosing a order and laying off?
Hard to say

Branchland, WV

#2 Jan 12, 2013
You never know with that place it seems like
SuperSkunk

United States

#3 Jan 12, 2013
We doing nothing but drugs at the Huntington Plant!!
Mark

United States

#4 Jan 12, 2013
We laid off 27 at Huntington today.
really

Proctorville, OH

#5 Jan 12, 2013
Mark wrote:
We laid off 27 at Huntington today.
First Saturday layoffs I've ever heard of and I've been there 17 yrs
Someone who knows

Boston, MA

#6 Jan 12, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
First Saturday layoffs I've ever heard of and I've been there 17 yrs
thats ol dabbs for ya. Trust me when I tell you it's just the beginning. They laid off union in nh at the same pace they hired salary. What does salary do? Nothing but number crunching and chart making. He's a real dink and he will tell at all the quarterly meaning how he cares so much, GE is pissed off at us and giving is one last chance. Blah blah blah
Someone who knows

Boston, MA

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>thats ol dabbs for ya. Trust me when I tell you it's just the beginning. They laid off union in nh at the same pace they hired salary. What does salary do? Nothing but number crunching and chart making. He's a real dink and he will tell at all the quarterly meaning how he cares so much, GE is pissed off at us and giving is one last chance. Blah blah blah
meetings not meanings
Hard to say

Branchland, WV

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Did they really lay off 27 at huntington?
really

Proctorville, OH

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Hard to say wrote:
No
1hoonose

Ardsley, NY

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Hard to say wrote:
Contract won't allow!
They have to lay off an even number each time!
PMDGuy

United States

#11 Nov 16, 2013
Someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>thats ol dabbs for ya. Trust me when I tell you it's just the beginning. They laid off union in nh at the same pace they hired salary. What does salary do? Nothing but number crunching and chart making. He's a real dink and he will tell at all the quarterly meaning how he cares so much, GE is pissed off at us and giving is one last chance. Blah blah blah
You hit the nail on the head!! I think he hired a guy to make sure everyone is reading his charts! We can't meet quality but he doesn't believe in having inspectors so now its the production guys fault when a customer refuses to take some of the sh1t that we send them just so we can meet our numbers!
Hire some final inspectors, DUMBASS!!
Quit shipping sh1t that you don't know if it meets the customers specs!
Someone who knows

Bradford, VT

#12 Nov 18, 2013
PMDGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head!! I think he hired a guy to make sure everyone is reading his charts! We can't meet quality but he doesn't believe in having inspectors so now its the production guys fault when a customer refuses to take some of the sh1t that we send them just so we can meet our numbers!
Hire some final inspectors, DUMBASS!!
Quit shipping sh1t that you don't know if it meets the customers specs!
how come we are melting all your i622 up here in nh?
crazy 40

United States

#13 Nov 18, 2013
Someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>how come we are melting all your i622 up here in nh?
Because Ron fisher will screw it up just like he does everything else he touches . The only reason he keeps his job is because he kisses a$$, and tells them what they want to hear out front .
Boe

Masontown, WV

#14 Nov 18, 2013
What percentage of stuff made turns out returned or discounted???
PMDGuy

United States

#15 Nov 18, 2013
Dabbs or one of his fearful followers probably did the math and discovered that they could save a dollar an hour on electric in November. So they don't consider the extra cost to transport the material there and back. Or the additional time involved. Then we don't meet the on time delivery for the order so we lose the order. Or we get to do a trial order to see if we can make customer quality and on-time expectations. Then we send it to a different company to see if they can do it. If they can, then we have to do it faster and cheaper or it is a production problem.
Wish we could go back to using experience and knowledge of our equipment and products to be "the World's Leading Producer" again. All these charts and graphs and accounting theories sure have shot that all to Hell!!
But Hey, we got a bonus!!! That's a fact, Jack!!
CDMan

United States

#16 Nov 25, 2013
Boe wrote:
What percentage of stuff made turns out returned or discounted???
Attend a quarterly meeting. All the figures are there that we are allowed to know about. All the bad ones are our fault. All the good numbers are due to the geniuses that have been running this place for the last 6 months to a year. How did we ever do it before them??
Jeff L

Huntington, WV

#17 Nov 25, 2013
Rules MS
Jon L

Huntington, WV

#18 Nov 25, 2013
Rules all u punks.
1 post removed
mac jerry

Point Pleasant, WV

#20 Feb 17, 2014
Where would we be without the strategic vision the executive managers give to us lowly alloy makers???
crazy 40

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Feb 17, 2014
Dabber wrote:
I'm not getting any response from my new idea of suggestion boxes around the plant! Give me some ideas so that I can ignore them and tell you that I'm going to do something and I don't care if it's been tried before, I'm going to try it again because you didn't know how to try it right!
We were the world's leading producer at one time,(before I came on board), but now we are bouncing between being number 6 and 7 in the world!
I know it has nothing to do with management, because we know everything!
All of my management have black, brown or green belts in Six Sigma! If it works on widgets, it'll work on our alloys!
I said so and I'm the boss!
Shut up and get back to work!
Don't forget to put some suggestions in the new boxes! If I don't do something soon, PCC is going to send my ass packing and then this whole plant will be in trouble without me and my fellow geniuses!
Sorry dabber we will try harder !!! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Missy Roberts 4 min ASDF 2
William Alex Gibbs 5 min Jail 10
Sheetz Westend 15 min -zaphod- 11
America Held Hostage Day 94 33 min MarkJ- 6
Any older women been with a younger man? (Feb '12) 51 min Chief 173
Cars R Us 1 hr Car 13
News Perturbed by high gasoline prices? (Article in ... (Sep '08) 1 hr Tony the Tiger 84

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages