Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Frank

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 9, 2013
 
For those of you who have neck, throat, face and/or hand tattoos, I have a few questions. Have you totally given up on life? Are you aware that no one will ever take you seriously nor will you have a respectable job?

Tattoo artists are the only exception. They can pull it off. It's their art and life.

And go......
reality check

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 9, 2013
 
I have hand tattoos.. along with about 60+ more.. I am also a very respected business owner in and around the tri state area.. its not how you look.. its how you carry yourself. . 2013.. times change..
Kyus

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 10, 2013
 
reality check wrote:
I have hand tattoos.. along with about 60+ more.. I am also a very respected business owner in and around the tri state area.. its not how you look.. its how you carry yourself.. 2013.. times change..
What type of business do you own?
Lycan

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 10, 2013
 
reality check wrote:
I have hand tattoos.. along with about 60+ more.. I am also a very respected business owner in and around the tri state area.. its not how you look.. its how you carry yourself.. 2013.. times change..
So you say.
And times are changing. Not hardly the way you think public opinion is leaning. In fact, I think you may be a decade late.
You know how Bikers had a bad rap in the 60`s and 70`s? And then in the 90`s every dentist, lawyer, and "respectable" person were weekenders changing the image? Even grandpa and grandma have bikes with thier Harley Teeshirts.

So was tats. It wasn`t a tabboo or social stigma a decade ago. Infact we were even acclimated to body mods.
Now 2013... it`s rather sad. You can be a respectable business owner with neck and hand tats, in the same way you can be a respectable business owner while jamming to Smashmouth in your Iroc on your way to work.
Have fun in your time capsule from the year 2000 and suck.
1 post removed
bigbob

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 10, 2013
 
reality check wrote:
I have hand tattoos.. along with about 60+ more.. I am also a very respected business owner in and around the tri state area.. its not how you look.. its how you carry yourself.. 2013.. times change..
I think they are saying that as competitive as jobs are, you don't want anything negative to impact your presentation. I don't know what kind of business you have. But I would bet you are not a stock broker or other white collar job.
Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Tats= scankiness
im beautimous

Elkview, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 10, 2013
 
My bf has hand and neck tats they are sexy on him and he also is a business man we own our own business and work hard and yes its the way you carry yourself he carrys his self very well. So it just depends on the.person
One who knows

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 10, 2013
 
Tats are just another sign of how people are regressing back to ancient times. Our culture is moving backward instead of forward. Everyone likes the tribal pagan symbols on their bodies. We are moving toward a Godless post industrial wasteland of brutality, disease and poverty.
Heather

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 10, 2013
 
To each their own but I have to say when I see someone with hand and neck tattoos I think how trashy they look. I wonder if they have children and how they feel about it. I have 6 tattoos and I can cover them all so I can look professional or classy at a special event.
reality check

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 10, 2013
 
Tattoo Studio... but how do we define "white collar" business.. I pay taxes.. I advertise.. I follow the rules of zoning.. nothin my tattoo studio does thats any different than McDonald's.. I wake up and put my button down.. Slacks and flats on every day.. And as far as trashy.. Everyone has their opinion.. I dont go around calling whores-whores because of their sexual adventures on a daily basis... some ppl are rude and doesn't play well with others.. but what do I know.. Im trash because I have tattoos.. Lol..
chubbs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 10, 2013
 
Tattoos on girls make them look like skanks. Any respectable guy thinks this way.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 10, 2013
 
I have tattoos on both hands and both sides of my neck.i am a father of two kids and have a beautiful wife.i work 40+ hours a week.i am the same as anybody else in this judgmental world.i got tattoos because I like them plain and simple.if u don't like them don't look.pretty simple solution.good luck in life with a mind as closed as yours.
bigbob

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 10, 2013
 
reality check wrote:
Tattoo Studio... but how do we define "white collar" business.. I pay taxes.. I advertise.. I follow the rules of zoning.. nothin my tattoo studio does thats any different than McDonald's.. I wake up and put my button down.. Slacks and flats on every day.. And as far as trashy.. Everyone has their opinion.. I dont go around calling whores-whores because of their sexual adventures on a daily basis... some ppl are rude and doesn't play well with others.. but what do I know.. Im trash because I have tattoos.. Lol..
Not saying you are trash, but you have backed up my point. You are in business where visible tats are accepted by your clients. If something happens that your business is no longer viable.(Lots can happen) and you look for a job in a bank. You will be turned down. My point is.... Neck and hand tattoo will eliminate you from certain jobs. If it is important enough to take that chance, then do it.
Exactly

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 10, 2013
 
bigbob wrote:
<quoted text>Not saying you are trash, but you have backed up my point. You are in business where visible tats are accepted by your clients. If something happens that your business is no longer viable.(Lots can happen) and you look for a job in a bank. You will be turned down. My point is.... Neck and hand tattoo will eliminate you from certain jobs. If it is important enough to take that chance, then do it.
Well said. I totally agree.
Lycan

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 10, 2013
 
wow wrote:
I have tattoos on both hands and both sides of my neck.i am a father of two kids and have a beautiful wife.i work 40+ hours a week.i am the same as anybody else in this judgmental world.i got tattoos because I like them plain and simple.if u don't like them don't look.pretty simple solution.good luck in life with a mind as closed as yours.

Yeah, my world view is somehow less broad because you have spider webs or bone collector tats on your neck??? You`re an idiot. And no one said you couldn`t father children with ink... stupid. And of course you work 40 hrs a week, so does half the people with a porale officer.
I`m sure you`re all Vin Deisle with your triple X tats or perhaps you have street cred with Yakuza for those coy fish.
The point is I know you`re an adult and it`s your body. If you want to wear panties and a dress with a dildo glued to your head be my guest, but don`t act like you`re enlightened or immune from the reality of perception.
username

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 10, 2013
 
Lycan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, my world view is somehow less broad because you have spider webs or bone collector tats on your neck??? You`re an idiot. And no one said you couldn`t father children with ink... stupid. And of course you work 40 hrs a week, so does half the people with a porale officer.
I`m sure you`re all Vin Deisle with your triple X tats or perhaps you have street cred with Yakuza for those coy fish.
The point is I know you`re an adult and it`s your body. If you want to wear panties and a dress with a dildo glued to your head be my guest, but don`t act like you`re enlightened or immune from the reality of perception.
You're terrific. You didn't know that tattoos= open minded. What a moron. I guess I'm closed minded and square because I don't have any visible ink. When I see those stupid tattoos I just think that person is a jackass and doesn't care if they ever have a respectable job. Pretty much just given up.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 10, 2013
 
U people are idiots!!..your perception of the world is warped and dated.I'm not saying I'm enlightened but I don't judge people I don't know by their appearance.if its our body's and you don't care why come on a public forum and bitch about it.and as far as not having a respectable job is concerned I think that any one with any job is deserving of respect.i can't stand people who think they are some how better than someone else because of the contents in their wallet.we are all people in a crazy world trying to make it.be it at McDonald's or president of a million dollar company.we are people!!i also find it funny that you think tattoos automatically makes you a convict.ihave never been arrested nor had a ticket.i don't drink nor do I engage in drugs or any other illegal activity.i have tattoos and I like them my wife,mother,kids and family like them as well.thats good enough for me!
g town

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 10, 2013
 
wow wrote:
I have tattoos on both hands and both sides of my neck.i am a father of two kids and have a beautiful wife.i work 40+ hours a week.i am the same as anybody else in this judgmental world.i got tattoos because I like them plain and simple.if u don't like them don't look.pretty simple solution.good luck in life with a mind as closed as yours.
Yeah and as your walking thru a parking lot to your car at Walmart everyone that sees you coming you can hear a "click click" of their doors locking
username

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 10, 2013
 
wow wrote:
U people are idiots!!..your perception of the world is warped and dated.I'm not saying I'm enlightened but I don't judge people I don't know by their appearance.if its our body's and you don't care why come on a public forum and bitch about it.and as far as not having a respectable job is concerned I think that any one with any job is deserving of respect.i can't stand people who think they are some how better than someone else because of the contents in their wallet.we are all people in a crazy world trying to make it.be it at McDonald's or president of a million dollar company.we are people!!i also find it funny that you think tattoos automatically makes you a convict.ihave never been arrested nor had a ticket.i don't drink nor do I engage in drugs or any other illegal activity.i have tattoos and I like them my wife,mother,kids and family like them as well.thats good enough for me!
Give me a break. You don't judge people? EVERYONE JUDGES OTHERS! It's human. I'm judging you for saying you don't judge people. And for all of your tattoos of course.
Lycan

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 10, 2013
 
wow wrote:
... but I don't judge people I don't know by their appearance....i also find it funny that you think tattoos automatically makes you a convict.ihave never been arrested nor had a ticket.i don't drink nor do I engage in drugs or any other illegal activity.

You make it sound like I judge people for being poor or the kind of shirt they wear. Sitting in a tat parlor picking flash off the wall for a perm tat on your neck or face of a money sign or some shit isn`t the same as wearing socks with holes in them.

I judge people by their intended delibrate actions.

And I never said having tats automatically means you`ve been to prison. I`m actually saying the reverse, being in prison usually means you`re coming out with shitty prison tats. Just like having a tramp stamp doesn`t make you a tramp, but you`d be hard pressed to find a skank tramp who doesn`t have a tramp stamp.

Follow the logic. Criminals/shit birds aren`t immitating you, you are immitating shit bird criminals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

128 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 13 min fitness-guru 53,589
East end thief's (Nov '13) 31 min Amber 1,328
Cabell Midland and recruiting (May '13) 31 min Midland football9731 23
Civic Development Group- MTS (Jan '13) 40 min pseudonym 18
Dylan "D-Stone" Stone 1 hr moonbaby 47
Frank Martin (Jul '11) 1 hr Going to get HOT 28
Huntington food bank changes name to reflect re... 1 hr ebony queen 5
Husband fired from Alcon today. 1 hr okay 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••