Tonya

United States

#1 Aug 20, 2014
Any body else laugh at the commercials on local channels with Sandra Cole quoting stats about 2 bus loads of kids drop out each month ? What a flipin joke ! The kids leaving and dropping out are the smart ones . They more than Lilkley seen how endlessly corrupt and overly bureaucratic the education system is in wv ! Not to mention how teachers brow beat and label kids they don't like or their parents so they bail . They will go far once they leave this f d up area more power to them .
lol

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2014
Tonya wrote:
Any body else laugh at the commercials on local channels with Sandra Cole quoting stats about 2 bus loads of kids drop out each month ? What a flipin joke ! The kids leaving and dropping out are the smart ones . They more than Lilkley seen how endlessly corrupt and overly bureaucratic the education system is in wv ! Not to mention how teachers brow beat and label kids they don't like or their parents so they bail . They will go far once they leave this f d up area more power to them .
Yeah. Everyone knows that a GED is the key to success. If you dropped out of school (or god forbid allowed a child to) then please fix the situation ASAP. A "smart" person with no education is more ignorant than a kid that struggled through and bothered to learn math, grammar, science, and life skills. A person needs education to succeed regardless of where they live. Anyone doing an interview is going to hire a person with a good vocabulary and speaking skills over a person without (assuming both are qualified) regardless of the position. Please don't get on an anonymous forum convincing kids that dropping out of school is acceptable, let alone advantageous.
lol

United States

#3 Aug 20, 2014
Tonya wrote:
And to answer your question, no. Nobody with any sense laughs at those commercials. Good day.
Tonya

United States

#4 Friday Aug 22
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Everyone knows that a GED is the key to success. If you dropped out of school (or god forbid allowed a child to) then please fix the situation ASAP. A "smart" person with no education is more ignorant than a kid that struggled through and bothered to learn math, grammar, science, and life skills. A person needs education to succeed regardless of where they live. Anyone doing an interview is going to hire a person with a good vocabulary and speaking skills over a person without (assuming both are qualified) regardless of the position. Please don't get on an anonymous forum convincing kids that dropping out of school is acceptable, let alone advantageous.
Dropping out of the beyond repair cabell county education bureaucracy doesn't mean not getting an education it just means you have enough sense to open your life to better opportunity . Step outside the matrix . But then again the most huntington has to offer to us young people is a burger flipping job or delivering pizza . If the working poor would rebel and put huntington In The rear view then who would prop up our precios elite and the college children ?
um

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Friday Aug 22
Tonya wrote:
<quoted text>Dropping out of the beyond repair cabell county education bureaucracy doesn't mean not getting an education it just means you have enough sense to open your life to better opportunity . Step outside the matrix . But then again the most huntington has to offer to us young people is a burger flipping job or delivering pizza . If the working poor would rebel and put huntington In The rear view then who would prop up our precios elite and the college children ?
I love the irony in this post.
Unholy

Huntington, WV

#6 Sunday Aug 31
HHS is a joke. I can't believe they even try and teach anything there anymore.
havent you heard

United States

#7 Sunday Aug 31
There are alot of comfortable living jobs in this area if you finish school and apply yourself. I know I graduate in 99 and have worked on ever since. You may have to do more than walk a couple blocks to get there but they are there I could name quite a few off the top of my head. But the truth is most people around here drop out to become artist and draw checks their whole life with a GED
reporter

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Monday Sep 1
um wrote:
<quoted text>I love the irony in this post.
As do I!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Bookstore Moved? 32 min Dr know 3
herd football 2014 47 min marco 309
Pi Kappa Alpha, senseless destruction of an ant... 51 min marco 14
aleasha jeffers (May '13) 4 hr Memory 7
Where is Zaphod.? 4 hr zapster 22
Asandre Jamison 6 hr Tru 2
Liberals say flag decals are racist. Lmao 6 hr Troll patrol 55
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs