First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#178 Aug 31, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
<quoted text>This is what makes the task of trying to engage people in a progressive conversation very VERY difficult. Nothing of what you just said has anything to do with the topic...that became another topic. If you don't agree with someone, just troll them or lash out at them. Only stupid people get defensive when they have to think outside of their own comfort zones, and when they do think, they get volatile. Why? Because they are just smart enough to realize that they are one of the dumbest people in the room, or on the forum, or wherever.*Thumbs up. Are you still in primary school? You're awfully special aren't you?:)
I'm not sure what you mean by a progressive conversation? I would ask if you could elaborate, but I'm afraid you will. Sigh.....
Derper

Huntington, WV

#179 Aug 31, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what makes the task of trying to engage people in a progressive conversation very VERY difficult. Nothing of what you just said has anything to do with the topic...that became another topic. If you don't agree with someone, just troll them or lash out at them. Only stupid people get defensive when they have to think outside of their own comfort zones, and when they do think, they get volatile. Why? Because they are just smart enough to realize that they are one of the dumbest people in the room, or on the forum, or wherever.*Thumbs up. Are you still in primary school? You're awfully special aren't you?:)
I feel like Joe Rogan. He said "I'm too stupid to figure out who's dumb". lol. I just read and take a "live and let live" attitude. I never understood why some people get so angry when you don't agree with their personal beliefs. I believe in God, and that has never interfered with my acceptance of science. For the life of me, I can't figure out how so many Christians can find an argument in that.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#180 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really making any claims which regard science. I'm just saying I rely on science.
I am a humanist. Claiming I'm not a humanist is like me claiming you aren't a Christian.
By your definition of God, Christianity, and autotheist, I am somewhat of an autotheist.
I've been influenced by a lot of sources, people, subcultures, and so on. I know I'm not entirely isolated from the world or exempt from influence.
i rely on science as well... quite a bit actually. my education, experiences n life, & last but definately not least, common sense.

impressed by ur slight acknowledgement of autotheism.... i must as well clarify my position. i only claim to b of christian faith, but i am not a practicing christian & do not claim to b an example for christians... as u may have deduced from my previous posts. i enjoy intellectual conversations that involve an exchange of ideas, but only if the floor is open to different perspectives. so thank you.

& as far as ur inquiry of trolls....stupidproof & zaphod ..... will always b more than happy to provide anybody on topix w/ demonstrations....

so i'll b moving on. have urself a good day hello...

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#181 Aug 31, 2013
Mentalvoyeur wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you mean by a progressive conversation? I would ask if you could elaborate, but I'm afraid you will. Sigh.....
LOL
1 post removed
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#183 Aug 31, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how you interpret it because that's how you interpret everything. You can't grasp that science is taught in schools. Not your idiotic faerie tales. Again a scientific theory is backed up by facts and evidence. It isn't just s hunch based on your gut. You'd like them to teach made up BS about magic. Your "proof" is conjecture and "prophecies" that you have to twist the meaning of words to fit your warped world view. Keep your religion in your churches and we'll keep science in schools. You find a way to prove that magic exists and your imaginary friend created something and maybe we can talk.
Must be why evolution theory is losing credibility.You're not quite up on things as thought are you.Havent you heard, the previous findings have now been proven to have been exaggerated by the first paleontologists.I mean think about it dip,look at the fact that there is male and female of most if not all as well as asexual.Doesnt it strike you as a miracle that something so fitting could come about on its own? And the complexity of nervous systems,the eyes,the thought process of a brain, neurons,sperm, ears for hearing,mouth for subsisting and communicating, digestive system for breaking down food and even the process of getting rid of waste materials.This is not randomness.This was designed to cover all aspects. Even a dog has enough sense not to shit in its own box. Quit shitting in yours by denying your creator.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#184 Aug 31, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually some people care. While having a degree doesn't mean you're a genius it at least shows that you have some knowledge and drive.
We do appreciate you folks without them though. Someone has to unclog my toilet and change my oil.
Its funny though that when less people were college grads in this country commonsense prevailed and it was a better world.But..the more idiots coming out of our universities the worse it becomes.So much for college educated leaders.
2 posts removed

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#187 Aug 31, 2013
Mentalvoyeur wrote:
<quoted text>
A..a conversation that moves forward, not in circles, and achieves...well, progress. Progress.
dr faggott

Alexandria, VA

#188 Aug 31, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
<quoted text>A..a conversation that moves forward, not in circles, and achieves...well, progress. Progress.
Yes trolling on topix is so intellectual and progressive isn't it. That is exactly what you said you would do on your first post. Another useless college educated tard that will spend 20 years to payback the loans you wasted on that edubacation. Good luck sucking dick to climb up the journalist ladder. Hope it gets u far. Maybe one day after you get done writing about the weather and shopping in Pullman Square, you can write a book that will fail miserably.
Using dem big ole words makes you sound like a big boy huh.
1 post removed

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Location hidden

#190 Aug 31, 2013
dr faggott wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes trolling on topix is so intellectual and progressive isn't it. That is exactly what you said you would do on your first post. Another useless college educated tard that will spend 20 years to payback the loans you wasted on that edubacation. Good luck sucking dick to climb up the journalist ladder. Hope it gets u far. Maybe one day after you get done writing about the weather and shopping in Pullman Square, you can write a book that will fail miserably.
Using dem big ole words makes you sound like a big boy huh.
How am I trolling? Just because you disagree with me doesn't make me a troll. And yes, I do speak proper English. I am sorry that offends you. I explained to you what I meant by it. That's all I did. If anyone is being a troll, it is you.

Level 1

Location hidden

#191 Aug 31, 2013
Zaphod just likes to talk, mostly out of his ass. That's why I have a nice super sized butt plug just waiting for him.
1 post removed
dr faggott

Alexandria, VA

#193 Aug 31, 2013
I believe zaphod and proof are the same person. He finally found someone to agree with his dumbass self. Posts are always together. And yes I quit college because its a joke nowadays and now have a skilled job that outpays your soon to be desk job. But the powers that be will continue to stress the need to attend. It's big business and student loans are good for the government. So go on sheep, Marshall needs your $12,000 a semester to fund another football stadium to lose games in. We need more educated idiots out there. Get your degree and when u fail there's always fast food and Walmart.

Level 1

Location hidden

#194 Aug 31, 2013
I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate when I do find you.
1 post removed
dr faggott

Alexandria, VA

#196 Aug 31, 2013
Well I guess someone would have to. Maybe if you had any common sense you could do it yourself but that's asking a lot. I'm sure your mommy is upstairs and one of your daddy's could probably do it while your in the basement playing World of Warcraft.

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Location hidden

#197 Sep 1, 2013
dr faggott wrote:
I believe zaphod and proof are the same person. He finally found someone to agree with his dumbass self. Posts are always together. And yes I quit college because its a joke nowadays and now have a skilled job that outpays your soon to be desk job. But the powers that be will continue to stress the need to attend. It's big business and student loans are good for the government. So go on sheep, Marshall needs your $12,000 a semester to fund another football stadium to lose games in. We need more educated idiots out there. Get your degree and when u fail there's always fast food and Walmart.
Well then, in that case I have a question for you. If you have a skilled job and things set in life,...why are you always so angry?
hillbilly

Kenova, WV

#198 Sep 1, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, in that case I have a question for you. If you have a skilled job and things set in life,...why are you always so angry?
It sound's like sexual frustration of the upper part's.
Entertainment lawyer

Arcadia, CA

#199 Sep 1, 2013
realistic wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there's a great deal of evidence that god exists. There is also enormous evidence that god is anything but good.
I'd like to see this evidence. If you consider the concept of free will and the idea that humans are free to accept or reject God, there cannot be any objective evidence for the existence of God. Objective evidence would negate free will.
Entertainment lawyer

Arcadia, CA

#200 Sep 1, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
I can offer valid arguements re: your statements about there being no god,being all knowing,pre-determination, anti woman, god watching us,etc.
First offevolution is only a theory.Life doesnt spring forth from death.We've witnessed the extinction of many species but no birth of any new ones.And if evolution is true it should be a continuity, in otherwords on going and never ending.We should see it happening today in all of its stages.Not only ape like creatures but even amoebas swimming in the swamps evolving into amphibians and crawling out to evolve into mammals.Yet we've never even seen any kind of evolving throughout our 7'ooo yrs of recorded history.There are 3 laws of science.The first law of science says matter cannot be created or destroyed but merely transferred.This coincides with scripture that states that there is nothing new under the sun.It is today as it was in the time of Noah.The 3rd law dictates that everything is made up of atoms and molecules which are in a constant state of decay.Example:Life on earth which is carbon based ages and dies.Stars throughout the universe consisting of various gas molecules become cold,dim, fadeout or explode into supernovae.Material objects rust,breakdown or fall apart.Our clothes wear thin and rip, our cars are in constant need of maintenance,etc.Where evolution says that everything gets better with time, entropy dictates that everything decays and rather quickly.Therefore entropy doesnt allow enough time for evolution to progress.The conclusion is there must have been an intelligent supernatural designer to have brought order from chaos.
When you use the expression "only a theory," you may not be using the word "theory" the way scientists apply it. Relativity, quantum mechanics and gravity are theories. There's nothing limiting or defective in something that's a scientific theory.

There's actually substantial evidence to support the idea of evolution. Many companies in the field alternative energy, for example, are using directed evolution to produce new varieties of E. coli and algae. Higher life forms--mammals, etc.--take tens of thousands of years to express the sorts of changes observable in bacteria or algae on just a few months. We are unlikely to see a change in a higher order species in our life-time.

There are more than three laws in science. A law and a theory are equivalent terms. The universal law of gravity, for example, is a specific instance of the general theory of relativity. The conservation of matter is a law in chemistry and, along with the conservation of energy, arguably defines the boundary between chemistry and physics. Matter isn't conserved and is transformed into energy in certain nuclear processes.

The universe consists of more than atoms and molecules. Your third law is actually the second law of thermodynamics, which addresses the direction of spontaneous change. The law is in perfect harmony with the idea of evolution. A system can have an increase in entropy as long as there is a concomitant increase in entropy of the surroundings. Your argument would negate, for example, the formation of crystals. Crystals grow spontaneously, a decrease in entropy, but there's an increase in entropy in the surroundings. A baby growing in the womb involves organizing disparate and disorganized chemical into, ultimately, a living breathing human being. The baby represents a decrease in entropy; this decrease is offset by a much larger increase in the surroundings. Systems organize without violating the second law of thermodynamics. Evolution happens.

God doesn't need to be defended and certainly not with bad science!
Entertainment lawyer

Arcadia, CA

#201 Sep 1, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
Were both open and closed moron.
A system cannot be open and closed at the same time. Planet Earth is an open system, but it exchanges very little matter with its surroundings. It still functions as an open system.
Entertainment lawyer

Arcadia, CA

#202 Sep 1, 2013
sempron wrote:
All nothing but theory. Neither side can produce solid fact. Christians have no requirement of proof. We believe in faith. This seems to really irritate the atheists. They understand everything scientific, but can't comprehend the idea of faith. Since they can't comprehend it, they feel the need to attack those who understand it...sorta.
You rarely hear an atheist attack the Muslim faith. Only Christians. This is because Muslims already do a good job of discrediting their own religion.
I think you raise a good point in your first paragraph.
THE LAZY WARRIOR POET

Proctorville, OH

#203 Nov 16, 2013
Bump this groovy thread yo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenny Dempesy drugs on 10th ave 52 min wow 2
Searching for a Gentleman's Barber 1 hr hugh Jorgan 17
I Love Huntington 1 hr Bill Hilly 11
Byrd bartender at stats 3 hr spare yourselves 15
kkk 3 hr Hannibal 7
Del Boca Vista Bowl is tonight 4 hr Observer 24
Black and $200 Jordans 4 hr wop 29
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:56 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:56PM
Youth movement fueling Pittsburgh turnaround
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 3:49 AM
Breaking Down Steelers' Game Plan vs. Bengals
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NBC Sports 7:47 AM
Le'Veon Bell: It's "pick your poison" against Steelers offense