Comments
121 - 140 of 160 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2013

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#155 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to troll me?
am i trying to "troll u"?

i responded to ur direct replies. u get more & more weird by the post.

outy.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#156 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
yea. i'm the insane one ... lolol

molecular energy? electromagnetic force? the nucleus? atoms? principle of relativity?? science?? how soon did u forget, autotheist?

look it up. u got too much to learn. gotta go.
Are you aware you just proposed matter and the physical world don't exist because atoms, cells, physics, energy, and electromagnetic force exist? You can't be serious.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#157 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
-ur short descriptive essay on christianity is awful. completely off base & ridiculous. do ur homework before more nonsense spills from ur self worshiped brain into ur mouth. u kno absolutely NOTHING about the christian faith....ur words are all too revealing.

-easy squeezy.... enlightenment. hmmmm. nirvana. budhism. a practiced faith. odd u chose to quote & reference kant. or did u not kno that enlightenment is the very foundation of budhism .... as well as the building blocks of christianity?
That wasn't an essay. It was a Topix post.

Kant was referring the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement. He was not referring to Buddhistic enlightenment.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#158 Aug 31, 2013
This thread is an autistic's wet dream. Nerd fight! lol

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#159 Aug 31, 2013
Welcome! Also, isn't it funny how a simple introduction thread can spawn into a religious flame war out of thin air? It's especially entertaining to read when certain people know nothing about theology. Other than that, again, welcome. Have fun reading some of these subjects. They're a laugh riot. Also, I am an anti-theist and an author as well. We're the reasonable ones. There needs to be a take over of rationale and reason. More artistic nuances. Some non gutter junk culture. Not everyone in this region is an idiot. A new era must begin down here.:)

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#160 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware you just proposed matter and the physical world don't exist because atoms, cells, physics, energy, and electromagnetic force exist? You can't be serious.
nooo. i proposed that matter & the world doesnt exist as YOU perceive it to exist (u kno... touch, see, hear....what u refrenced earlier as ur only acceptable proof of exsistence) because of atoms, molecules, energy & relativity.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#161 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
-i dont read or study non fiction. & sorry, but visual or literal imagery is essential for learning & understanding.

-venacular, acadames, & philosopher? a what? a who?.... no. that sentence is not working for u. try agin.

- i rely on reason & science. YOU are an autotheist. u treasure .. or as u said "value too much" ur mind & its abilities. u have made a direct correlation b/n ur mind & the "you" you believe u are. u worship this concept. u worship ur mind, its reason, & thot processes ... which inevitably makes u ur own god. autotheist. ur expressions of "reason & science" makes ur belief all to obvious. cuz i gotta pull the rug out from under ya, u rely very little, if at all, on science. dignity? worth? self realization? thats not science. thats an organized collection of beliefs.... aka. religion......ur's n paticular?.....aka.autotheism.
one of the most basic principals of science..... ur brain is just another organ. it is not infallible.

one of the 2nd most basic principals of science..... the premise of science is not to prove, but only to disprove theories &/or hypothesis.
You're telling me I should employ imagery in an essay about psychology, philosophy, critical theory, and so on. I shouldn't have to tell you imagery is unnecessary and irrelevant in my case.

You wouldn't like any of my literary works. You find my vocabulary unpalatable. Okay.

I don't see anything wrong with identity, self-perception, self-esteem, self-worth, and agency. Can you tell me why I shouldn't trust my mind? I don't know you're making the leap from being an intelligent, thoughtful, reasonable, empirical, self-respecting, knowledgeable individual to self-worship. My allegiance is to reason and science.

Some brains are less fallible than others. Reason and science are infallible.

Science is a system which confirms or disproves hypotheses with experiments and observation.

According a Pew research assessment of scientific knowledge, I know more about science in general than the vast majority of the population.

By the way, I'm a unitarian univeralist. I also adhere to some or all tenets of Buddhism, Discoridanism, and Baha'i.

Principles of Unitarian Universalism from the Unitarian Universalist Association:

The inherent worth and dignity of every person;

Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;

Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;

A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;

The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;

The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;

Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#162 Aug 31, 2013
in essays*
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#163 Aug 31, 2013
observations
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#164 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
nooo. i proposed that matter & the world doesnt exist as YOU perceive it to exist (u kno... touch, see, hear....what u refrenced earlier as ur only acceptable proof of exsistence) because of atoms, molecules, energy & relativity.
The world still exists as I perceive it. I just can't see microscopic stuff. That doesn't invalidate anything I said. You can't say a phone doesn't exist because it is composed of atoms.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#165 Aug 31, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
Welcome! Also, isn't it funny how a simple introduction thread can spawn into a religious flame war out of thin air? It's especially entertaining to read when certain people know nothing about theology. Other than that, again, welcome. Have fun reading some of these subjects. They're a laugh riot. Also, I am an anti-theist and an author as well. We're the reasonable ones. There needs to be a take over of rationale and reason. More artistic nuances. Some non gutter junk culture. Not everyone in this region is an idiot. A new era must begin down here.:)
Hello.

I agree. Your post is encouraging.

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#166 Aug 31, 2013
How did this turn into....this?
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#167 Aug 31, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
How did this turn into....this?
I was asked if I was a Christian. I said no. Everyone started arguing.

What do you write?

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#168 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
You're telling me I should employ imagery in an essay about psychology, philosophy, critical theory, and so on. I shouldn't have to tell you imagery is unnecessary and irrelevant in my case.
You wouldn't like any of my literary works. You find my vocabulary unpalatable. Okay.
I don't see anything wrong with identity, self-perception, self-esteem, self-worth, and agency. Can you tell me why I shouldn't trust my mind? I don't know you're making the leap from being an intelligent, thoughtful, reasonable, empirical, self-respecting, knowledgeable individual to self-worship. My allegiance is to reason and science.
Some brains are less fallible than others. Reason and science are infallible.
Science is a system which confirms or disproves hypotheses with experiments and observation.
According a Pew research assessment of scientific knowledge, I know more about science in general than the vast majority of the population.
By the way, I'm a unitarian univeralist. I also adhere to some or all tenets of Buddhism, Discoridanism, and Baha'i.
Principles of Unitarian Universalism from the Unitarian Universalist Association:
The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
well... once agin... very little of ur argument has been backed up with science. u just seem to throw the word "science" around to personally solidify ur trumped up opinions.

i did not say there was anything wrong w/what u think. but u r not a humanist. u r an autotheist. didnt say there was anything wrong with being an autotheist either. but the real point is ur presumptuous ideals & minimization of other ppl's beliefs & faith. which r all equally as valid as ur reliance on one single organ... the brain.

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#169 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asked if I was a Christian. I said no. Everyone started arguing.
What do you write?
Double post. I write lyrics, essays, blogs. Anything ranging from Horror to Politics. I guess they could be considered congruent with one another now that I think about it. lol. I am going to school to finish my masters in journalism. And yeah, as soon as the word "God" pops up, everyone wants to swarm all over who is right and wrong, arguing over mythology. I doubt that even 2% of them know what cannon law is, have a grasp on the basic 8th grade dynamics of physics, Latin etymology, or even know what the word theology means. In other words, it's just a bunch of lost people talking out of their asses because their shit keeps them company. Just let them blather on. I posted a link to a The Richard Dawkins foundation for reason and science in another thread. I'm SURE people will love that. LOL

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#170 Aug 31, 2013
Double post again. I am going to take a good hour or two to peruse through this thread and then intellectually demolish the fuck out of almost everyone...in addition to what I had to say already in this topic as well as a couple others I've posted in within the past hour. This is going to be fun.
1 post removed

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#172 Aug 31, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? I majored in theology. Did my dissertation on Theo Huxtable but there are a lot of other great Theo's.
I said most, not all.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#173 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
well... once agin... very little of ur argument has been backed up with science. u just seem to throw the word "science" around to personally solidify ur trumped up opinions.

i did not say there was anything wrong w/what u think. but u r not a humanist. u r an autotheist. didnt say there was anything wrong with being an autotheist either. but the real point is ur presumptuous ideals & minimization of other ppl's beliefs & faith. which r all equally as valid as ur reliance on one single organ... the brain.
I'm not really making any claims which regard science. I'm just saying I rely on science.

I am a humanist. Claiming I'm not a humanist is like me claiming you aren't a Christian.

By your definition of God, Christianity, and autotheist, I am somewhat of an autotheist.

I've been influenced by a lot of sources, people, subcultures, and so on. I know I'm not entirely isolated from the world or exempt from influence.
1 post removed
dr faggott

Alexandria, VA

#175 Aug 31, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
<quoted text>Double post. I write lyrics, essays, blogs. Anything ranging from Horror to Politics. I guess they could be considered congruent with one another now that I think about it. lol. I am going to school to finish my masters in journalism. And yeah, as soon as the word "God" pops up, everyone wants to swarm all over who is right and wrong, arguing over mythology. I doubt that even 2% of them know what cannon law is, have a grasp on the basic 8th grade dynamics of physics, Latin etymology, or even know what the word theology means. In other words, it's just a bunch of lost people talking out of their asses because their shit keeps them company. Just let them blather on. I posted a link to a The Richard Dawkins foundation for reason and science in another thread. I'm SURE people will love that. LOL
Wow. Aren't you so smart. So you went to college? Wow again. Going to college does not make you smart, it means you found the money to pay for it and pass the finals. I work with people that have degrees that are dumb as shit. Know nothing more than a guy with a GED. I personally went to a technical school to learn a trade. More valuable than a paper degree from a overpriced college as Marshall. So nobody cares about your degree.
1 post removed

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177 Aug 31, 2013
dr faggott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Aren't you so smart. So you went to college? Wow again. Going to college does not make you smart, it means you found the money to pay for it and pass the finals. I work with people that have degrees that are dumb as shit. Know nothing more than a guy with a GED. I personally went to a technical school to learn a trade. More valuable than a paper degree from a overpriced college as Marshall. So nobody cares about your degree.
This is what makes the task of trying to engage people in a progressive conversation very VERY difficult. Nothing of what you just said has anything to do with the topic...that became another topic. If you don't agree with someone, just troll them or lash out at them. Only stupid people get defensive when they have to think outside of their own comfort zones, and when they do think, they get volatile. Why? Because they are just smart enough to realize that they are one of the dumbest people in the room, or on the forum, or wherever.*Thumbs up. Are you still in primary school? You're awfully special aren't you?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Huntington, WV 6 min THE LAST WARRIOR ... 221
Marie Beres Mcginnis Combs 8 min Sara 10
Classic jewelry and Loan in Barbourville 33 min trashy place 39
zaphods family buiness 48 min -zaphod- 7
good divorce lawyer 49 min nunya 7
nurse giving bath 50 min nunya 3
Adult Bookstore Moved? 51 min peter 1
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••