red pen

Lancaster, OH

#131 Aug 30, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because libturds are predictable.
You are still assuming. There IS a common ground to be found between Christians and Liberals. You just need to be open and intelligent enough to find it.

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#132 Aug 30, 2013
I often find atheists are worse than people of faith about trying to shove their beliefs down your throat.
1 post removed

Level 1

Location hidden

#134 Aug 30, 2013
And they are often angry.
1 post removed

Level 1

Location hidden

#136 Aug 30, 2013
As well as a distorted sense self importance.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#137 Aug 30, 2013
red pen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still assuming. There IS a common ground to be found between Christians and Liberals. You just need to be open and intelligent enough to find it.
hmmm..... agreed.

Level 1

Location hidden

#138 Aug 30, 2013
Mentalvoyeur wrote:
As well as a distorted sense self importance.
thats been established.... so where the h3ll was u b4 the creep "hello" popped up? no heads up???

sumthins rotten in denmark
tittts mcgee

Alexandria, VA

#139 Aug 30, 2013
Guess ol zaphod just don't see it. Everyone here thinks he's an anus tart but yet he continues to think he's the smart one with all the answers. So cliche but its true, ignorance is bliss. Which one am I Zaphod by the way, stupid or bigot? About all that simple little mind of yours can muster up is a 3rd grade comeback. Bet you even throw yo momma jokes in sometimes too.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#140 Aug 30, 2013
red pen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you indulge me. Let us hear were you stand on abortion,gay sex,Israels right to the land,war on terrorism,bringing the gay agenda into schools,entitlements,etc,and show us how TOO open minded and PROGRESSIVE you are.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#141 Aug 30, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. We go door to door a lot. It's a tenant of our non faith to spread the non word.
Moron
What he meant MORON was that evolution gets shoved on students in public schools over the objections of parents while mentioning a creation doctrine would get a teacher fired. As a matter of fact they cant even mention Jesus or God period even outside of lessons being taught.Some little shit like yourself would go running to the ACLU crying, yet they can teach that unproven THEORY over the objections of everyone else.Im surprised (well then again no im not) that you couldnt discern the meaning of his statement.But hell discernment isnt one of a reprobate minded shits forte.
2 posts removed

Lancaster, OH

#144 Aug 30, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you indulge me. Let us hear were you stand on abortion,gay sex,Israels right to the land,war on terrorism,bringing the gay agenda into schools,entitlements,etc,and show us how TOO open minded and PROGRESSIVE you are.
As I have stated elsewhere, I have no desire to converse with you about anything other than your misconceptions (in a general fashion which is displayed in my last comment) and grammatical flaws.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#145 Aug 30, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^no, dude. thats just creepy.^^^
u r no writer, u r no poet. if so, u wuld emphatically understand the importance of manipulating english literature for the purpose of rythm, dialects & expressions as a way to convey visual imagery in writing.... that is, if u want anyone to actually read ur writing lol.

& n re to ur: "The Bible glorifies passivity, submission, nihilism, and intellectual and metaphysical slavery. I am a freethinker and a humanist. That is unacceptable. I refuse to become a submissive, passive slave. My mind and my intelligence are too important."

u, n fact, r not a "free thinker". u r an "over thinker" therefore u r a sumbissive, passive slave to ur own mind. what a shame. u r no humanist. u r an autotheist. which, in of itself, a religion as well. an un proven one at that, like all religions.
not have u revealed a complete lack of knowledge w/the christian faith....u made assumtions about it anyway... thru series of unfounded thot processes u bowed down to ur master of a wasted mind.

every autotheist wants "proof" that yaweh exists.... well, i wuld like proof from auto or athiests that YAhweh does NOT exist. nihilism....lol. reality, huh? thats what u base ur opinion of religion on. well here's a real nail biter for u & ur enslaved mind can dwell on.... YOU can not prove to me that god does not exist..... but I can prove to u, the things that u undoubtly believe & feel u can "prove" does exist, in fact, does not exist at all. like ur cell phone, computer, ur car, even ur human body.... backed by the world of scientific facts.
hope ur brain dont whip u on that concept, haha! goodluck rationalizing that.
e
verything u think exists does not exist.... hence, what u conclude does NOT exist (for lack of proof) can & does exist.
for every up there is a down, every front has a back..... colors r not colors but simply a reflection of light.
hope u dont write about philosophy or religion/atheism.....its not ur strongest ur strongest attributes.
& btw... u got a lil hostile urself n this stream ..... watch out for stones.
It was a joke.

As far as essayism is concerned, I don't need to employ visual imagery. It is non-fiction. I have the vernacular of academes and philosopher.

Rhythm is obviously a facet of poetry. Visual imagery can be a part of literature and poetry. It is merely one literary device. My poetry is more philosophical, psychological, cultural, abstract, and intellectual. I don't mind deviating from convention. Art cannot be policed.

I don't know what to say. I am a freethinker. Freethinkers rely on reason and science, rather than intellectual authority, dogma, tradition, and bias.

I am a humanist. Humanism is defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as a doctrine, attitude, or way of life centered on human interests or values; especially a philosophy that usually rejects supernaturalism and stresses an individual's dignity and worth and capacity for self-realization through reason.

I am going to reply in two separate posts because this post is running out of characters.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#146 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
u, n fact, r not a "free thinker". u r an "over thinker" therefore u r a sumbissive, passive slave to ur own mind. what a shame. u r no humanist. u r an autotheist. which, in of itself, a religion as

well. an un proven one at that, like all religions. not have u revealed a complete lack of knowledge w/the christian faith....u made assumtions about it anyway... thru series of unfounded thot processes u bowed down to ur master of a wasted mind.

every autotheist wants "proof" that yaweh exists.... well, i wuld like proof from auto or athiests that YAhweh does NOT exist. nihilism....lol. reality, huh? thats what u base ur opinion of religion on. well here's a real nail biter for u & ur enslaved mind can dwell on.... YOU can not prove to me that god does not exist..... but I can prove to u, the things that u undoubtly believe & feel u can "prove" does exist, in fact, does not exist
at all. like ur cell phone, computer, ur car, even ur human body.... backed by the world of scientific facts.

everything u think exists does not exist.... hence, what u conclude does NOT exist (for lack of proof) can & does exist.
for every up there is a down, every front has a back..... colors r not colors but simply a reflection of light.

hope u dont write about philosophy or religion/atheism.....its not ur strongest ur strongest attributes.
Aren't we all controlled by our own minds?

Aren't you proving my point by indicating you don't trust the guidance of your mind and by suggesting anyone who does construct their own worldview, dictates their own actions, etc, are autotheists? You seem to be suggesting it is God's job to construct worldviews, personal qualities, form intentions, and inspire the execution of actions.

Your mind is still in control when give up your agency. You simply think it is being influenced or controlled by an external, possibly supernatural entity.

Intelligent individuals have higher executive functioning than most people. They have better decision-making skills. They are more reasonable. They are more knowledgeable. They are more critical. I am glad my mind is in control.

I'm relatively educated regarding Biblical scripture. Jesus goes around exorcising demons and God demands control of individuals, minds, and hearts and threatens to send dissidents to hell.

My view is in accordance with the views of many educated, influential, and thoughtful people.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

- Thomas Paine

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

- Albert Einstein

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose."

- John Adams

"Enlightenment is manís leaving his self-caused immaturity. Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another. Such immaturity is self-caused if it is not caused by lack of intelligence, but by lack of determination and courage to use one's intelligence without being guided by another. Sapere Aude! Have the courage to use your own intelligence! is therefore the motto of the enlightenment..."

- Immanuel Kant

I will reply to the rest of your propositions in my next post. I just woke up. I am not at my best. I may address all this at length later.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#147 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
every autotheist wants "proof" that yaweh exists.... well, i wuld like proof from auto or athiests that YAhweh does NOT exist. nihilism....lol. reality, huh? thats what u base ur opinion of religion on. well here's a real nail biter for u & ur enslaved mind can dwell on.... YOU can not prove to me that god does not exist..... but I can prove to u, the things that u undoubtly believe & feel u can "prove" does exist, in fact, does not exist at all. like ur cell phone, computer, ur car, even ur human body.... backed by the world of scientific facts.

everything u think exists does not exist.... hence, what u conclude does NOT exist (for lack of proof) can & does exist.

& btw... u got a lil hostile urself n this stream ..... watch out for stones.
The burden of evidence is on the person making a proposition. Everything you mentioned can be sensuously perceived. I can touch them, see them, and hear them. You do not have scientific evidence that proves the physical world does not exist.

Unless you're trying to make an argument similar to Rene Descartes' dream argument, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you aren't trying to make such an argument, you must be insane.

Level 1

Orange, CA

#148 Aug 31, 2013
Hello, I am Kacy.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#149 Aug 31, 2013
tohaisea wrote:
Hello, I am Kacy.
Hello, Kacy. It is nice to kind of sort of meet you.

Level 1

Location hidden

#150 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as essayism is concerned, I don't need to employ visual imagery....

It is non-fiction. I have the vernacular of academes and philosopher..........

Freethinkers rely on reason and science, rather than intellectual authority, dogma, tradition, and bias. I am a humanist. Humanism is defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as a doctrine, attitude, or way of life centered on human interests or values; especially a philosophy that usually rejects supernaturalism and stresses an individual's dignity and worth and capacity for self-realization through reason......
-i dont read or study non fiction. & sorry, but visual or literal imagery is essential for learning & understanding.

-venacular, acadames, & philosopher? a what? a who?.... no. that sentence is not working for u. try agin.

- i rely on reason & science. YOU are an autotheist. u treasure .. or as u said "value too much" ur mind & its abilities. u have made a direct correlation b/n ur mind & the "you" you believe u are. u worship this concept. u worship ur mind, its reason, & thot processes ... which inevitably makes u ur own god. autotheist. ur expressions of "reason & science" makes ur belief all to obvious. cuz i gotta pull the rug out from under ya, u rely very little, if at all, on science. dignity? worth? self realization? thats not science. thats an organized collection of beliefs.... aka. religion......ur's n paticular?.....aka.autotheism.

one of the most basic principals of science..... ur brain is just another organ. it is not infallible.
one of the 2nd most basic principals of science..... the premise of science is not to prove, but only to disprove theories &/or hypothesis.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#151 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
one of the most basic principals of science..... ur brain is just another organ. it is not infallible.
one of the 2nd most basic principals of science..... the premise of science is not to prove, but only to disprove theories &/or hypothesis.
Are you trying to troll me?

Level 1

Location hidden

#152 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't we all controlled by our own minds?......

Aren't you proving my point by indicating you don't trust the guidance of your mind and by suggesting anyone who does construct their own worldview, dictates their own actions, etc, are autotheists?.......

You seem to be suggesting it is God's job to construct worldviews, personal qualities, form intentions, and inspire the execution of actions.
Your mind is still in control when give up your agency. You simply think it is being influenced or controlled by an external, possibly supernatural entity.......

Intelligent individuals have higher executive functioning than most people. They have better decision-making skills. They are more reasonable. They are more knowledgeable. They are more critical. I am glad my mind is in control.....

I'm relatively educated regarding Biblical scripture. Jesus goes around exorcising demons and God demands control of individuals, minds, and hearts and threatens to send dissidents to hell......

My view is in accordance with the views of many educated, influential, and thoughtful people.....

"Enlightenment is manís leaving his self-caused immaturity. Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another. Such immaturity is self-caused if it is not caused by lack of intelligence, but by lack of determination and courage to use one's intelligence without being guided by another. Sapere Aude! Have the courage to use your own intelligence! is therefore the motto of the enlightenment..."
- Immanuel Kant....
-no.
-no.
-yes. influenced but far from controlled. influenced & controlled are two very different descriptive verbs.
-negative.
-ur short descriptive essay on christianity is awful. completely off base & ridiculous. do ur homework before more nonsense spills from ur self worshiped brain into ur mouth. u kno absolutely NOTHING about the christian faith....ur words are all too revealing.
-so what. so are mine.
-easy squeezy.... enlightenment. hmmmm. nirvana. budhism. a practiced faith. odd u chose to quote & reference kant. or did u not kno that enlightenment is the very foundation of budhism .... as well as the building blocks of christianity?

Level 1

Location hidden

#153 Aug 31, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of evidence is on the person making a proposition. Everything you mentioned can be sensuously perceived. I can touch them, see them, and hear them. You do not have scientific evidence that proves the physical world does not exist.
Unless you're trying to make an argument similar to Rene Descartes' dream argument, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you aren't trying to make such an argument, you must be insane.
yea. i'm the insane one ... lolol

molecular energy? electromagnetic force? the nucleus? atoms? principle of relativity?? science?? how soon did u forget, autotheist?

look it up. u got too much to learn. gotta go.
Hello

Hurricane, WV

#154 Aug 31, 2013
KISSES OR MUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
-easy squeezy.... enlightenment. hmmmm. nirvana. budhism. a practiced faith. odd u chose to quote & reference kant. or did u not kno that enlightenment is the very foundation of budhism .... as well as the building blocks of christianity?
I'm not trying to be mean, but are you trolling me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rahall-Jenkins House race remains tight 21 min Rahall gonna win 99
Best trick or treat area 38 min nohalgerg 3
Lisa Hernandez (Sep '11) 46 min Dr Strange 41
in your face marshall fans suck it 1 hr nunya 174
Cops at Beards funeral home 1 hr Zaphod 16
Randy Pennington 1 hr agree 65
Excited for Thanksgiving 2 hr Zaphod 2
Huntington Dating
Find my Match

Huntington Jobs